How to Tell if 2014 GT500 has Certain Options

blucobra03

Established Member
I'm thinking of buying a 2014 Shelby GT500 and see many advertised, but in a lot of cases, the dealer doesn't have the window sticker and knows even less about the cars options than most people. There is one advertised as grabber blue when in reality it is deep impact blue. That's how dense some of these dealers are. I'm trying to figure out how I can tell if it has the SVT Track Pack and the SVT Performance Package from looking at the car. All I have seen have the Brembo's up front. So, I don't think that is a factor in determining if they have these two options. So, what can I look for to make this determination ? Does the wheel package (rims) make a difference or is there something on the dash that would tell me ? Thanks for the help !

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Base model 13/14 GT500's have the 5 split spoke wheels and regular struts/shocks. PP cars have the mesh type wheels and Bilstein electronic struts/shocks that you can switch between regular and sport setting. There is a switch in the driver's lower left side to switch between these 2 settings. If you look through the rear wheel you can see the reservoir attached to the rear shock body. The Bilstein dampers are also yellow in colour.

Here's my car with base wheels on it (I have PP and TP on my car)

2yto953.jpg

The PP wheels

667dd7b35cf1e59e29393c4174d85460.jpg

For the TP, look for the trans. cooler in the upper open grille opening, on either side of the lower grille area where the heat exchanger is there are openings to the oil cooler on the driver's side and rear axle cooler on the pass. side. If there is no TP those openings are blocked off.

blucobra03

Established Member
Cman01 and Snoopy49 thank you both for the information. Both great ways for me to make that determination now. It's really a shame these dealers have no clue what the car their selling actually consists of, but I've found that to be the case every single time I went to buy a car. I always knew more about it than they did. We're talking about 70 cars here, so it isn't like that is not a significant number of them that don't know what their selling. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for the help. Now, it's just a matter of finding the right car. Have a good one guys ;)

Snoopy49

Established Member
This is a picture of the transmission cooler, only on track pack cars.

P1260213.JPG

Engine oil cooler opening.

P1260215.JPG

Rear axle oil cooler.

P1260216.JPG

Rear axle housing cover showing the cooler lines and electrical cable for the temp sensor,

mmfp-1202-2013-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-rocket-launcher-010.jpg

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Was just looking into this yesterday and it appears all cars got the same diff cover, just the track pack cars utilized the provisions for the cooler lines. Is that correct?

To OP, if the car is at a Ford dealer ALWAYS have them run an OASIS report and that info may be there.
But the best ways described above:
1) Performance Pack cars have the mesh wheels
2) Track Pack can only be added to Perf Pack cars and look for the cooler in the UPPER grill.
Good luck.
-J

Snoopy49

Established Member
I don't know if it is to late, but you may be able to get a copy of the window sticker for free.

boduke0220

Established Member
this is great information. Just picked up my car a few weeks ago and it has the Bilstein shocks and struts along with all of the coolers. So I have the Track Package and Performance package. Sweet!

Edit, Okay stupid question. How do you adjust the shock settings?

Last edited:

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I would be careful on making the decision a car is PP based on rims, they are easily changed. I would go by the yellow Bilsteins and the shock switch on the dash. Part of the PP which isn't on the display Snoopy showed is the Torsen differential.

Jay, mine is just PP, no TP. You are correct, the diff cover is the same I just don't have the lines. I can't remember if the holes are plugged or the housing is simply not drilled for the hoses.

Tom

robtee

Established Member
@Snoopy49 these are very helpful. Where did you find those images from Ford? Great breakdown of every component.

Also, thanks for pointing out which cooler is where. I thought the one in the upper grille was the oil cooler...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Silver Talon

Pronounced: Mahcargo Braaaap
Established Member
Contact @Silver Talon. Brian is the sales manager of a Ford dealership and he has offered to provide a PDF of the original window sticker based on the VIN. Contact him to see if he can help with the GT-500 you are looking at.
https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/offering-my-services.1164807/page-2#post-16005799
Yes I can! Just shoot me a message, with a vin and an email, and I can send you an invoice and window sticker of your car.

Brian

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

robtee

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread