How to sell my Cobra?

maoun

Established Member
If I were interested in selling my car....(not sure what I want to do yet...)...anybody have some good ideas as to how to do it?

Many of you have seen it....it's got a decent amount of work done....so I'm wondering where/how I could make a good amount of money of it.

Interested in consignment options, or auction options, etc....ideas???

It's about a year old article (ran a month ago) but you can see an outdated version of what's done to the car at http://www.marwane.com

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

maoun

Established Member
lol. actually, i'm seriously looking at my options. knowledge is free, research is free. :) i just wanna know how much I could get for it and how to do it...you know?

I have other toys coming....near to clear room in the bed.

But, I appreciate the compliment!

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
I put my last cobra up on the boards. Didn't get me anything except a few trade offers. That seems to be most of what I see when people put their cars up here. I just said screw it, and traded it in when I got the 03.

If I was really interested in doing it for money, I'd try ebay. But then you gotta worry about payment and any shipping that is needed.

stangfreak

Established Member
damn, noone wants there cobras anymore lol. each forum i go to someone is selling there cobra. what can ya do!!

maoun

Established Member
lol :)

anybody have info on selling specialty cars?? like a collectible auction or anything like that

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
I dont think these cars have reached the status of collectors and may be hard to get someone to pay a premium price. There is a ton of em. It may be even harder to sell if your car is personalized with a bunch mods. Your combo or mine might make it harder to find a buyer. I may be wrong but think one would sell better closer to stock. That way you can still get something for the stuff you put on it. You never know, a bunch of people may have seen it in a magazine and said "Damn I want that f'in car." :)

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
flyn high again said:
With a car like yours, Barrett-Jackson might be the place to go. They get ridiculous amounts of money for some cars. I think a good looking, magazine featured car like yours might appeal to some of their customers. http://www.barrett-jackson.com/

That is an excellent suggestion... although I'm not surprised coming from Cliff...

Your car is a MOD FEST DREAM COME TRUE!!!

You have done a brilliant job of balancing --->straight line performance, suspension and chassis(all top shelf goodies BTW), and the Visuals are stunning!!! the ghost flames, the wheels,
the whole car is a statement!!!
one that I must admit... even though I'm old enough to know better... I was very envious of!!!

After the MM&FF article you should seek professional council on the sale of such a special piece of Terminator History...

Just like the "lakes roadsters" of long ago...
Your car is a textbook statement to the "Terminator era"...

I think you two should just grow old together(a concept oft over looked these days :nonono: )

But there I spilled my $.02...

Jimmy :rockon:

maoun

Established Member
fha, that's wonderful information. i will contact them shortly for information

jimmy, you have probably just paid me one of the nicest compliments i could ever hear....thank you so much, i truly appreciate hearing that about the car.

i DEFINITELY wish that i could keep the car forever...the memories alone are worth it...i can't tell you how many ridiculous toys are in there (police siren, PA, etc) that have brought me and my friends some of the funniest experiences in the world....but unfortunately, i have to be reasonable and make decisions....it'd be irresponsible of me to keep this toy and get new ones....sadly.

thank you, truly

Jimmysidecarr said:
That is an excellent suggestion... although I'm not surprised coming from Cliff...

Your car is a MOD FEST DREAM COME TRUE!!!

You have done a brilliant job of balancing --->straight line performance, suspension and chassis(all top shelf goodies BTW), and the Visuals are stunning!!! the ghost flames, the wheels,
the whole car is a statement!!!
one that I must admit... even though I'm old enough to know better... I was very envious of!!!

After the MM&FF article you should seek professional council on the sale of such a special piece of Terminator History...

Just like the "lakes roadsters" of long ago...
Your car is a textbook statement to the "Terminator era"...

I think you two should just grow old together(a concept oft over looked these days :nonono: )

But there I spilled my $.02...

Jimmy :rockon:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Selling with Barrett Jackson is a great idea, and it can bring a nice price IF the car is something of interest to those bidding. At some BJ auctions (like the one going on right now in Palm Beach, Florida) every car has to sell with no reserve. That's when you're taking a risk. I watch BJ all the time and have to wince sometimes when a hot muscle car goes up and the bidding ends up being far less than the seller expected (when there is no reserve). Worth looking into, though. In the meantime, catch the last two days tonight and tomorrow on the Speed Channel.

I sold my Cobra simply by keeping my eyes and ears open. LOL! I read in the Wanted forum here that someone in Arizona was looking for a nice '03 in the area. I simply sent him an email saying that he might consider buying mine even though I was in Connecticut. He knew the car well from the Forum and 2 weeks later he arrived with a check and a new ride.

Another idea is to post your ad in as many of the on-line Mustang forums as possible. People frequent these forums all the time looking for info and cars for sale. Exposure is everything.

maoun

Established Member
thanks bob.

i've had my car appraised by many different groups, but i'm interested in what you guys think it could go for??

thanks

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
I went to the Barrett Jackson sale this year in Phoenix and didn't see a single one of our cars for sale. Did see that 3 million dollar plus one-off Harley Earl car go though!!

Barrett Jackson has to agree to accept your car the way I understand it. You can't just enter it. It has to meet their criteria. Then, both you and the buyer pay them 8% of the selling price...each!! If you put a reserve, I'm not sure what their fees are to run it across the block.

But it's one helluva auction that has a TON of money there to buy. Let us know what they say about entering your car. They did have a GT there this year that went for about $280,000.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Speaking of Barrett Jackson, a 4-door Buick sold for 1.5 mil last night. So hold on to to Buick sedans. LOL! Great show by the way. Saw a couple of 1970 Road Runners that I'd love to have bid on. :)

Users who are viewing this thread