How To Remove Cooked on Al Foil from Glass Stovetop?

LogiWorld123

Established Member
i used a razor blade, but then again i only had about a 1 sq inch section to remove.

Fourcam330

Established Member
JasonFC said:
HOLY CRAP!! A car guy that doesnt know about PB Blaster?! I've seen it all... :(

j/k ;-)

No really, thats F'd..

I've always used liquid wrench or WD40 for things that were stuck. :shrug:

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Razor blade for the win. I just mix a paste of glass stove top cleaner or such and let it sit on there for a few minutes to loosen whatever it is on it. I then take a single edged razor blade and gently scrap the crap away. I just go slowly so as not to damage the glass surface but in 4 years our stove top still looks brand new.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
According to the owners manual for my stove, it recommends a razor blade for scraping crap off of the glass top.

There is probably just some baked on food under the foil that's making it stick to the glass.

How much foil are we talking about?

Ride Along

i has an avatar!
Established Member
Turn the burner on as high as it will go and leave it on until the oven mess stops smoking. Then all that should be left is carbon and the foil should come right off. Open a window for the smoke.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Whatever you do, do NOT use "Formula 409" cleaner (or any really alkaline-based cleaner) -- that stuff etches glass.

I use BonAmi scouring powder worked into a paste with water, and rub with a paper towel. Follow with the single edge razor blade.

Fourcam330

Established Member
Thanks again for the contributions guys. The winning formula ended up being WD40, CocaCola, and a patient hand with a razor blade.

Users who are viewing this thread