How To Make Your Apple Card Gold

Kevins89notch

Established Member
cute card

here is a real card:

2273200482_39647d9263_h-2404809d75ec4753b4f807a6d114f9e6.jpg

Years ago I was at a fedex store and someone wanted to overnight their brother in the UK, a birthday present. The box was a good 2 foot squared. The employer laughed a bit as he said something like "Dude, that's gonna run ya like $1,100" and basically cutting off the worker with a posh British accent the customer was all, "I don't care" and handed over his black amex.

People with that card get what they want. LOL

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
So you guys with out a credit card, how do you book a flight, hotel or rental car? Or do you simply not travel at all?

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
A CC is a good buffer, pay it off every month without giving access to your direct account.
And gain rewards off of money you were already spending. Not sure why most people don’t do this.. I suppose some can’t control themselves when they have a credit line, but for most it just makes sense

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
And gain rewards off of money you were already spending. Not sure why most people don’t do this.. I suppose some can’t control themselves when they have a credit line, but for most it just makes sense
At well over a trillion dollars in National credit card debt. I beg to differ.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Right on debit cards, Ive forgotten about those. Because of the early days risks, where if it was breached, the account could be drained with out any recourse, I have never had one. Have had credit cards violated, and in the end was not responsible for the fraud. I appreciate that insulation.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A CC is a good buffer, pay it off every month without giving access to your direct account.
THIS! And I haven't carried a balance for over 20 years. I have three CCs and each is paid off every month. I refuse to carry a balance. And they each pay ME for using their cards with cash-back rewards. (y)

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Right on debit cards, Ive forgotten about those. Because of the early days risks, where if it was breached, the account could be drained with out any recourse, I have never had one. Have had credit cards violated, and in the end was not responsible for the fraud. I appreciate that insulation.

this, I have a debit card but only use it at certain ATMs. With a CC it's not my money being stolen. I pay my CCs off monthly

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
this, I have a debit card but only use it at certain ATMs. With a CC it's not my money being stolen. I pay my CCs off monthly
Believe it or not, if you insist, you can get an old school ATM card, that is NOT a debit card as well (at least this is true with BoA). As with you and @CobraBob , zero balances here too.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member

Yup.

Pay off the statement balance every month, so you never get charged interest, and profit off the points.

I pay all my bills (that allow it) and make most of my purchases using a CC. Like you said, all money I was going to spend regardless. Except at the end of the year, I end up with a bunch of extra cash I can use for XMas presents, or save for a trip, for essentially no extra cost.

Users who are viewing this thread