How-To: Make Your 03/04 Cobra Blower Whine Louder

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is for people or newcomers to the site who wonder how to make their blower whine louder from a bone stock Cobra which the whine is very soft when you get on it...

1. Cold Air-Intake.
2. Remove the hood blanket fully.

If you have a loud exhaust, the whine tends to become softer due to being outdroned by the exhaust. So now you will need to do this:

3. Upper and/or Lower Pulley
4. Port the supercharger

:rockon:

Cog system works too. However, I've heard it in person and instead of it sounding like a regular supercharger whine, when he start up the car it sounded like the car was broken and had engine problems with that annoying squeel.

Pearbear

180 Lbs of Sad
Established Member
isnt it dangerous to totally remove the blanket? I heard it could heat up the hood so much, that it would bubble the paint.

No. It's perfectly fine. I've had it off for 5,000+ miles with no problem and I know people who have had them off for 20,000+ miles and no sign of any damage at all. All the heat gets extracted from the vents.

Last edited:

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
It isn't going to do anything to the hood because the paint is almost literally baked onto the hood from the factory.

shocker 420

Established Member
I'm thinking about opening the vents up in the hood, but i don't want to because if it statrs to rain with them open...

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
shocker 420 said:
I'm thinking about opening the vents up in the hood, but i don't want to because if it statrs to rain with them open...
No water gets in! I've been washing my car with no hood blanket and the flaps completely open for god knows how long now. :rockon:

shocker 420

Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
No water gets in! I've been washing my car with no hood blanket and the flaps completely open for god knows how long now. :rockon:

That's good to hear! But... how does water not get in.... Like I know that when the vents are on... they are a little open, so some water has to get in....

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
I don't know how the water stays out, but mine are off, and no water gets into mine either. :shrug:

Thrust

Established Member
It is really not that big of a deal. Water gets in if you drive through a puddle. Just go ahead and remove them. You shouldn't be driving your car in the rain anyway. :D

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
RUgoinup? said:
I don't know how the water stays out, but mine are off, and no water gets into mine either. :shrug:

Ya mine are off to...NO water......hell I just cut the flaps off!! :thumbsup:

But like stated above I NEVER drive my car in the rain!!

Last edited:

Saleen00_227

Established Member
even if the water does go in, the slits on the hood are lined up behind the radiator so if water does go in, it wont damage anything. as long as water doesnt touch the alternator, battery or other important wires, you should be fine IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread