How-To: Make Your 03/04 Cobra Blower Whine Louder

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
I think they mean that no water gets into anything bad. Of course it gets inside, they are gaping holes into your engine bay. Doesn't appear to do any harm though. Look for yourself where they drip. Just onto some hoses and stuff. If you really think it will help, velcro the flaps back until it rains, then close them.

When I was at work one day it rained, so when I went to my car afterwards, it was all wet and I opened the hood and really, nothing was wet on the inside. It must have something to do with the slopes of the vents as it isn't just straight flat. So when the rain falls down it gets catched by the vents and drips down onto the hood. Something like that, but it doesn't soak anything up under the hood or hardly even get it wet.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
cut your hood blanket back around the vents
thats what i did on mine and the blanket still looks new and now more heat can escape.
do a search on it. there are tons of people that have cut them back and put trim around where they cut and they look good.
J

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
Does anyone make vents made out of a more , shall we say expensive material??

Never thought to remove the flaps, I am looking at that tomorrow. :rolling:

V3NOM3S

Established Member
Just got my 2.80 Pulley, 100mm Idler & Custom tune. When I got home I took the blanket off and cut the vents....

BoneCrusher

Established Member
FWIW I removed my blanket and cut the flaps off and when I wash my car I throw a towel over the engine directly below the vents and the towel is soaking wet when I'm done washing my car.

cobra04svt

Pegasus
Established Member
engine wash?

I cut my vents long ago and removed hood blanket. When I go to the car wash I wash the engine, I making sure K&N is covered and not blast the electrical box to hard. The result is a nice clean engine in my 04 Cobra with 30,000 fun love'n miles :burnout:

baby2000

Established Member
On the subject of making the blower louder. I had a lightning before the terminator and i got the blower ported on the lightning. When i got the blower ported i had the guy weld the silencer ports on the superhcarger which made it way louder. How come no one has welded the silencer ports on the cobra superchargers?

BoneCrusher

Established Member
baby2000 said:
On the subject of making the blower louder. I had a lightning before the terminator and i got the blower ported on the lightning. When i got the blower ported i had the guy weld the silencer ports on the superhcarger which made it way louder. How come no one has welded the silencer ports on the cobra superchargers?
Some guys have. Stiegemeier will do it for $100.

Sharkster

Established Member
BoneCrusher said:
FWIW I removed my blanket and cut the flaps off and when I wash my car I throw a towel over the engine directly below the vents and the towel is soaking wet when I'm done washing my car.
ditto here as well

Carbon Driven

Established Member
I had my silencer holes welded closed:

attachment.php

03.cobra-svt.03

Established Member
isnt it dangerous to totally remove the blanket? I heard it could heat up the hood so much, that it would bubble the paint.

Never had it get near close enough to bubble the underside of the hood just helps the hot air vent exp if you do the billit openings on the vents
3yra2ezu.jpg

Or if you wannabe cheaper just cut the flap off the stocker vents
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

biggair1

Biggair1
Established Member
If your not going to remove your blanket you can just tuck the flaps under it. That way you can still flip them back if your worried about rain. I ended up cutting mine and removing the blanket after I felt it out for a season. No problems

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread