How to f*ck up a Cobra

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA SNAKE

Established Member
What a piece of shit. Sorry to hear about your car Racerat. That car is a thing of beauty.... I hope he loses a ton of business. Maybe he will learn not to shit on people like that!

SVT4J

This isn't the autobahn?
Established Member
You know what I think because I was there for all of this :fm:

The car will be done soon, and hopefull MM/DSE will be too.

Cobra Nate

Banned
RAZRS EDGE said:
Sue those pieces of SH1T!!!

Really sorry about your car man. Hope everything works out for you

Absolutely. Can't be hard to show that internal damage cannot have happened in transit. What a ***in nitemare...I would seriously go apesh1t to the entent of prolly landing myself in jail. :fm:

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
TXTERMIN8TOR said:
Unbelievable is the only word I can come up with.

Really. This is BS. Is there anything they DIDN'T f*ck up?
Hoping you get some remuneration and everything fixed up Tracey.

BlackVenom03

Established Member
WOW!!! I cant believe this!!! I was reading over everyones posts and so forth as well in here....I wouldnt expect this from a dealership or anyplace that touches cars! My 8 year old daughter at least knows how to read to tell the flow inlet on a fuel filter!!! How could a company be that STUPID to not put anything in right or let harnesses and stuff lay loose? Then to promise you this and that and then not even fullfill any of it??? I would definately contact a lawyer and make sure that by the end of that case its OWNED by you, change the name around, hire all new crew! Ya know! I hope everythings works out well for you Tracy! Wish you the best on this!

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
My God Tracy. I am dumbfounded.

I know what I would do. But you need to make your own choices here. But from what you've said...AND SHOWN...there is some serious abuse here. Not only is there obviously horrible work done here, it almost looks like your car was stolen from them for a while. Hmmm....from the other link I read about them, that's a distinct possibility! Maybe worth looking into. Anyway, legal recourse is such a hassle and so expensive. Normally, you have to sue in their home state where they do business. But you may have a catch here...they came to Texas to get your car! That may be your loophole to sue right there in the Great State of Texas. Alternatively, you could find a legal firm that has an office in one of the states where they do have a presence. Regardless, I wouldn't take this lying down. I would make them spend their very last dime defending themselves. You could very likely receive a judgement that would allow you to sieze every piece of equipment, every tool, every part...even buildings and bank accounts and flat shut their butts down. I hate to sue...and have only gone to small claims court once in my life...and that was against a doctor for medical reasons. But this is so blatant it can't be ignored.

I read all the opinions (in the linked thread) supporting this company for their good work. (of course, you were one of them at the time) There are a ton of companies that do good work...and even the best in the world will have problems once in a while. Parts break, unusual circumstances, etc. A shop should not be necessarily blamed for these problems. But what distinguishes the good shops from the bad ones is how they handle these problems and their customers. A good shop takes responsibility for not only itself, but it's suppliers and vendors. It takes care of it's customers first and deals with it's suppliers and vendors later to resolve the issue. You need to look no further than companies like Billetflow, Speed of Sound, MGW, Tucker's company, etc. to find guys who will stand behind not only their own work, but the work of their suppliers and vendors. Obviously, this company fails all those tests miserably.

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Sorry to hear of your problem Tracy! Let's see if I can be of some assistance.

There is a lot of information here that I don't have which would be useful in deciding how to advise you:

Exactly what work was to be done? Exactly what work was done? What evidence do you have of this?

What were the payment terms and what was and wasn't paid? What evidence do you have of this?

Do they still have the OEM parts? Why did they COD you for more than a grand?

How many times did you contract with them before? What are the particulars?Did they come and get the car from you this time? Do they advertise in some Texas or national publications? How did you find these guys originally?

===================
In particular, if legal action is something you want to consider, you have two choices: Criminal or civil.

Your access to the local courts will be very important in attempting to pursue either of these routes. And that will depend on the specific facts surrounding the transactions.

I would start by going to the local law enforcement. If you can fit the facts into a charge of theft by conversion or theft by deception there in Texas, you will have ALOT of leverage in resolving the matter. Again, that will depend on the specific facts of your case and the criminal laws there in Texas.

If that doesn't pan out, I would then attempt to file suit right there where you live. Depending on the amount in controversy, you may be able to sue in small claims court without having to hire legal counsel, otherwise it may be worth hirng an attorney to pursue. Either way, the key to establishing jurisdiction in Texas will revolve on whether MM had sufficient interaction with you or in Texas to warrant subjecting them to the jurisdiction of the Texas courts. (Advertising there or nationally, coming there to get the car, calling there, etc...) Agian, if you can establish jurisdiction on your home turf, you are in a lot better position to leverage a settlement or judgment in your favor.

If neither of the above are applicable, that leaves you attempting to do both of these things (first criminal, then civil) via long distance in NC. You are much less likely to be sucessful simply because you are not there to pursue the matter and you have no local juice. Things become much more complicated and costly to pursue. Therefore, I recommend you try the local thing first and see where things are and go from there. I will be glad to help you anyway I can.

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
What some worthless bastards, I would make a personal visit for sure!!! I would let them know you have everything documented. Otherwise I would walk in there with an 870 pump and take care of business.

SNSTR_SNK

Established Member
i've seen alot of funked up cars come out of that shop. i hung around there when they were just getting started and thought it was just "growing pains" or something. after i watched them put a 2v together with there damn cigarette ashes all through the engine, i thought to myself this is definitely nowhere near professional. good luck with DW, you might as well forget about him answering his phone, and if he does answer it it will be with the most irrational excuse you can think of. sorry bout your car btw

dougwg

Established Member
e-mail from don

Subject: Re: Attn Doug
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 19:45:19 +0000

not trying to at all . I said my piece and that is all I can do . I just talked to alan about the black balled thing also.
Thanks I tried , Oh and I don't call that number anymore I got what I needed to say done with the man in Iraq
Don
Thank you for chosing DSE Speed & Tuning
For your total Modular Power Needs !!!
www..modularmadness.com
www..dse-speed.com
www..fastestmodulars.com
www..cobrapoweredgt.com
Look for our Tampa Florida Shop coming mid Summer

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 3:19 PM
Subject: Re: Attn Doug

racerat@her_email.com
XXX-XXX-XXXX

Why the fu(k are you trying to screw Tracy?

Do the words "Black Balled" mean anything to you at all? ;-)

Doug
BilletFlow

P.S. can't wait for the details to be unvailed

-------------- Original message --------------

Doug,
I am emailing you to try and clear the air and get a few things in the open . First it has taken my a year and a half plus to muscle my company back from a ex partner that stole half my company and money , but that is another story . I have been in and out of the hosipital and finally retired from the airline to give the shops full attention . I got the NC shop back on its feet and Just opened a Salt Lake City Utah shop , also a Tampa Florida Shop will open July 31st . All three shops have inhouse Dynos and tuning for GM and Fords , I guess all I am asking is for the ability to once again buy and sell your product and please the customer . this is all I want to do and all I have wanted to do and I allowed partners and customers that thought they could appoint themselves my spokesmen in my absence speak and manipulate me in the past .
Your consideration is appreciated as always and either way I value you time
Don

Thank you for chosing DSE Speed & Tuning
For your total Modular Power Needs !!!
www..modularmadness.com
www..dse-speed.com
www..fastestmodulars.com
www..cobrapoweredgt.com
www..modularmadnesswest.com

Look for our Tampa Florida Shop coming mid Summer

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

he emailed me this just after I found out what he was doing to racerat
I emailed him racerats email addy and ph#

I've always known he was a puke... I'm glad others know now :bash:

Last edited:

dougwg

Established Member
we could always give Don a call and let him know how we feel...

(ph)704.660.3464
(fax) 704.660.3464

Next time think twice about mailing your car to another state. I would never do this. They probably scammed you into sending the Cobra and they ****ed everything up.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
nikemason said:
Next time think twice about mailing your car to another state. I would never do this. They probably scammed you into sending the Cobra and they ****ed everything up.

racerat said:
Background.
I've been dealing with this company for almost 4 years. 95% of my mods on the Cobra and the Lightning have come from this company, inluding the motor in the cobra, KB blower, exhaust, tunes etc. etc. They offered to come get the car (the shop manager had to drive to TX for another matter) and install cams, tune etc at their shop and I was supposed to fly out and drive the car back.
I've met these folks personally (they came to TX to tune) and spent many hours talking to them over the last few years.
:read:

SATX_Mystic

Established Member
Watching Tracy go through this whole situation from all excited about the new cams to the car being long overdue and then to getting her car back all jacked up has been a shitty experience. Folks learn from her ordeal!

I hope she does sue the shit out of MM here in TX so they have to come here to defend themselves. Especially since they don't seem interested at all in attempting to make things as right or even own up to what they did.

They're even petty enough to hold her old parts hostage, I guess they knew she'd be upset about the final invoice when she got the car back.

What did they do, hire the 3 stooges to finish up the work on her car?

B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread