How to f*ck up a Cobra

Status
Not open for further replies.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
OH...I almost forgot the shipping part!

Car was picked up in Mooresville NC on a Friday afternoon.
I had the car in SA Texas early Saturday evening (yes, the next day). The couple driving the transport was from Kerrville TX, near here, and my car was the last one picked up/first one dropped off. They drove straight through from NC.
Also about the shipping company. The original pickup date was rescheduled the first time the day before it was supposed to be transported. Got a call from MM saying everything was done but the headers weren't there. (They were ordered and paid for a month and a half before). On the second pickup date, MM turned the driver away refusing to release the car (told them to come back on later that week, didn't tell me) and then refused to release the car a third time saying there was an outstanding invoice (BS).
The shipping company, BTT transport did not charge me for the failed pickups and I was more than pleased with their service.

03yellow...I've already replaced the front bumper and headlight bracket.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
that sucks man...im local to that area and havent heard too many good things come from them lately...dont know if it's new management or what, but for them to have a car for 3 months and return it in that condition is unacceptable...and to think i almost sent my car there for its new round of mods...good thing I chose otherwise...good luck with your case against them, I would definitely be seeking some monetary reimbursements for shotty work.

TXTERMIN8TOR

Established Member
Tracy:

I had no idea how bad it was when you PM'd me about HPP. Unbelievable is the only word I can come up with. I would rain legal holy hell down on those guys. :bash: :bash:

The one, and probably only, silver lining...HPP will do you right!!

SlowSVT

Established Member
This is another example why I would never trust my car with an aftermarket installer. I have seen some pretty bad workmanship but this one takes the cake. This is not incompetence but absolute recklessness!!!!!

I don't care what anyone sez.. No auto shop can be trusted. They're primary goal is to make money off you which I don't have a problem with because that's how they stay in business. The problem is their commitment to doing a quality job and making the customer happy. It's quite apparent that this shop placed very little importance on respecting your property performed work in a extremely reckless manner. All that damage just to install cams, headers and suspension components, total incompetence!

What burns me up is that it's almost assured they will except no responsibility for what damage they did to your car and assume the position "it's your problem not ours"

I would take every legal action against them that is available (start with the Better Business Bureau and lodge a complaint and see what their record is).

That sucks man, you've been done wronged big time.

Good luck!

JMD0346

Established Member
You dont do that much damge on accident. That is some serious foul play. Ive sat hear for 5 minutes and have come up with several theories. Thats the problem though huh? Its gonna be tough figuring all that out. And most importantly getting some people to fess up. It sucks to say but there are no shops in the carolinas that i would trust to work on my car. North or south. "Gods speed Amazon"!! I hope it works out for you tracy.

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
I'll take that shop off my list of places to go that are local. The list is getting smaller by the day.

03blacksnake

Time Traveler
Established Member
Wow, the problems just get worse the more you look into that car. Hang in there, I'm sure there will be a good ending to this story. Let me know if you need any help with anything.

bucho

fapped out
Established Member
That is sooo messed up...I had no Idea how bad it was when you were telling me about it.. :dw:

Sho Off

Member of the 600 Club
Established Member
Wow I feel for ya buddy, I don't usually chime in, but that is just downright WRONG. I would be killing someone right now. Hope everything works out for you :beer:

Mr. Mysti

Established Member
Tracy,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Good luck getting it resolved. If my memory serves me right, didn't you have a punk kid @ a dealership abuse your car during a test drive @ a supposed air field?

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Mr. Mysti said:
If my memory serves me right, didn't you have a punk kid @ a dealership abuse your car during a test drive @ a supposed air field?
errr...my car is a magnet for idiots? :shrug:

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
Damn girl. I just cooled down from reading about this on Modular Fords and now I run across it here. :fm: :fm: :fm:
Good luck with all of this, now I need to get rid of my headache, again!
:beer:
Scott

gazamel

Established Member
If the company doesn't do anything to help you out, I wonder if you can take them to small claims court or something. Hope everything works out for you..

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Wow that shop is sad, I hope they lose a ton of business and go under. :cuss:

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Sue those pieces of SH1T!!!

Really sorry about your car man. Hope everything works out for you

MY DREAM

Established Member
Please, please, please, document everything! Get a lawyer. It will be worth it to spend the money on a lawyer to get you a settlement for the damages, then have some one reputible to do the work over. Look around, some lawyers take cases like this and dont ask to be paid till you win. Dont let them get away with this madness. They could do the same thing to someone else. I am so sorry for you and your trouble, this is not right for any person to do this to another person. Its disrespectfull, its rude, it shows a serious lack of integraty, its just criminal.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread