How to f*ck up a Cobra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironhand

Banned
I know I speak for everyone on this one...

You have everyone's support and simpaty here Tracy..

Best of luck to you getting that car back on the road, I know a very powerful lawyer in New York (just incase you need one) and if you need anything dont be affraid to ask..

MightyMo

Established Member
OMG!!

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their arm pits!

Good aggressive Lawyer+threatening letter= Big Money! Make them pay!!

03CobraBro

Established Member
racerat said:
MM response to all of this has been "it must have happened in transport because the car was perfect when it left." They will not accept my phone calls or respond to my IM's or emails.

They will when you get an lawyer to call them, which is what needs to happen.

32VMACH1

Established Member
Ive heard of the shop as I am local. Some cars come out ok, some come out like yours...totally fugged up. What is it with these aftermarket companies nowadays?
When I had my Trans am I had www.fbodymotorsports.com work on it and totally screwed me. I was out $4700 in parts.
Why do all the crooks seem to settle down in Charlotte NC?

Hope all is working out for you. :)

Cobraing

Trumpet of Torque
Established Member
I was at the track last night (Bradenton Motorsports Park) and the manager for the MM shop here in Florida was there.

We talked for a little bit and I personally thought he was a douche right from the start. He bragged that their shop/club has the "fastest 05 Mustang on a stock block in the world" and there "one-armed man" that does tuning is the best. He told me every other shop was crap and they were the best for Mustangs. Then he mentioned the other shops around the country and when he said North Carolina my brain made the connection.

I had already told him I'm getting my Blowzilla on in a week and he kept trying to sell me on getting it installed at MM (I'm already sceduled to do it with Ramsey's in a week).

So I mentioned this entire situation and I told him if he ever touched my Cobra, I'd rip his teeth out of his head and burn his shop down.

He didn't even look at me for the rest of the night.

Last edited:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Cobraing said:
I was at the track last night (Bradenton Motorsports Park) and the manager for the MM shop here in Florida was there.

We talked for a little bit and I personally thought he was a douche right from the start. He bragged that their shop/club has the "fastest 05 Mustang on a stock block in the world" and there "one-armed man" that does tuning is the best. He told me every other shop was crap and they were the best for Mustangs. Then he mentioned the other shops around the country and when he said North Carolina my brain made the connection.

I had already told him I'm getting my Blowzilla on in a week and he kept trying to sell me on getting it installed at MM (I'm already sceduled to do it with Ramsey's in a week).

So I mentioned this entire situation and I told him if he ever touched my Cobra, I'd rip his teeth out of his head and burn his shop down.

He didn't even look at me for the rest of the night.

:beer:
If you're ever out this way, I owe ya a beer. :)
Was it a tall guy with a mullet you talked to?

Cobraing

Trumpet of Torque
Established Member
No, he had pretty short hair but was tall and was wearing one of these

And don't worry about the beer, if anything I should be buying you one for warning us Florida guys about this shop and for everything you've been through. :beer:

Last edited:

matt888

Established Member
Tracey,
I remember reading your posts on fastestmodulars a few years ago when I was doing my engine swap. Your car was (is) killer. Sorry to hear about this disaster. I posted this thread on fastestmodulars and signed off of that forum for the last time. I don't even want to hear Don's excuse or other remarks defending the shop. I remember watching the video of you race that yellow vette that had all kinds of work done to it a few years ago. Best wishes to you and the car in the future!

frankin

Established Member
I guess mine is going to Ford for work and I'm not sure I trust them. Chrysler screwed my wife's Jeep up and they are all supposed to be certified. My Cobra had some minor mods done by the former owner at Paul's High Performance in Jackson Mich. They would be the only one's I would trust because they all own cars like ours and are known for good workmanship. The problem is I live in central Florida and from past experience do not trust anyone around here. I wish I could find a place that cared as much about the car as I do.

xxxcobra

Factory Freak
Established Member
frankin said:
I guess mine is going to Ford for work and I'm not sure I trust them. Chrysler screwed my wife's Jeep up and they are all supposed to be certified. My Cobra had some minor mods done by the former owner at Paul's High Performance in Jackson Mich. They would be the only one's I would trust because they all own cars like ours and are known for good workmanship. The problem is I live in central Florida and from past experience do not trust anyone around here. I wish I could find a place that cared as much about the car as I do.

I heard sam at coastal dyno does good work.

2003 Silver

Banned
Silver Serpent said:
Next time think twice about mailing your car to another state. I would never do this. They probably scammed you into sending the Cobra and they ****ed everything up.

I agree 100%...doesn't matter how long you know them. Hindsight is 20/20....but, I would have put the car on a lift and videotaped it from every angle and around all the areas where the work was to be performed. Make a dup and send a copy with the car and have him do the same thing when it's done. Document the speedometer as well (obviously they will drive it etc. but there should be a reasonable amount that could be agreed upon before hand) Couple of bucks would have saved a lot of aggravation.....

There has to be a good local guy in Texas that could have done the job...no? The problem with state to state shit like this is the laws are different in each state for trying to resolve a situation like this. Unfortuantely, in the end, it might be cheaper to do the repairs than pay for litigation etc.

I wish you the best...good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread