How to destroy great songs, and how to do it correctly.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Not feeling the Taylor remix, and I'm a big fan of his.

Well mainly shit from Slipknot. Stone sour is alright.

4.698gt

Established Member
So I know i'll get some heat for this one because they aren't everyone cup of tea but Weezer just released a whole album of cover songs and I think several are up to snuff with the originals.
Weezer (Teal Album) - YouTube

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
So I know i'll get some heat for this one because they aren't everyone cup of tea but Weezer just released a whole album of cover songs and I think several are up to snuff with the originals.
They nailed "africa" and "everbody wants to rule the world"...hell "billy Jean" wasn't bad

And Color me impressed with "take on me"

Last edited:

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Couple decent ones

I'm not sure how I feel about the Blue On Black cover. The music chorus, and lead sound great. I think the vocals are too spaced in the verses though. He is in time with the music, I just don't know if I like the pauses.

If I had never heard KWS I would think this version is pretty good.

This is one of the songs I cover live when I do an acoustic set. I don't deviate far from the original.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

I actually enjoy this album. They are releasing a vinyl mastering on Record Store Day in April. I'll be grabbing a copy.

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
I like Weezer, but don't particularly care for 80s music...but their covers we're well done.

And FFDPs version of Blue on Black was good

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, is that an official release?
That is absolutely horrible. I know Slipknot has been getting more "poppy" with every album but wtf, that was horrendous. I got through about 45 seconds of that shit.
You joking? Right?

Users who are viewing this thread