how to build and new to 4.6l

Four Door SVT

Established Member
He has a 98, does it has b heads, to super charge it he needs all the swap items. I’d go tvs with e-85 and upgrade fuel. I’m thinking 98 had a return fuel but might be restricted

Three21

Established Member
I highly recommend picking up a copy of Sean Hyland's book. It gives a great breakdown of what to look for and how to make power with these engines.

How to Build Max-Performance 4.6-Liter Ford Engines
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1613250819/ref=cm_sw_r_taa_qXy4zbCBCD582

That being said, look into Glenn's Performance or Lethal Performance for your fuel system needs, they have great complete kits. For that 800hp end game I'd highly recommend going the turbo route. Less belt slip, heat soak, inlet temp issues. A 76mm turbo with a .96 (maybe 1.10?) A/R will be tons of fun and still streetable. You sound like you've been around so you'll know to hold off on the gnarly launches until you build up that trans and rear end.

Sent from my LG-V496 using Tapatalk

BIGNUTZ

I highly recommend picking up a copy of Sean Hyland's book. It gives a great breakdown of what to look for and how to make power with these engines.

How to Build Max-Performance 4.6-Liter Ford Engines
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1613250819/ref=cm_sw_r_taa_qXy4zbCBCD582

That being said, look into Glenn's Performance or Lethal Performance for your fuel system needs, they have great complete kits. For that 800hp end game I'd highly recommend going the turbo route. Less belt slip, heat soak, inlet temp issues. A 76mm turbo with a .96 (maybe 1.10?) A/R will be tons of fun and still streetable. You sound like you've been around so you'll know to hold off on the gnarly launches until you build up that trans and rear end.

Sent from my LG-V496 using Tapatalk
Thank u for all that info. I will check it out. I was going to stay away from turbos, just because ive never messed with them, but this is all out getting out of my comfort zone! Lol im pretty good and finding crazy deals, so ill give it a go if i come across one.
The rst of the drive train is no issue, pretty mucj the same as i remember.

BIGNUTZ

So i was able to get a few pics of the engine build from the seller. What do u guys think my cr is with these pistons?

Attachments

• 20161019_134339-1.jpg
    20161019_134339-1.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 130

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
That looks like maybe a -5 to -8cc dish piston.

If you are shooting for 800 to the wheels, you will need to upgrade your wrist pins unless they are already tool steel or better .200.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
That is going to be a lower CR so lots of boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mastercorndog

Established Member
I have a complete nitrous kit, Vortech T-trim blower kit with snow methanol injection kit and full fuel system I will sell you lol. It will get you well into 600 rwhp range. Shoot me a pm if you want a price for anything.
Still have a fuel system?

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
I made 753/667 on 17psi (16.8psi to be exact :D) with an F1A on 93 octane pump gas and have lots more in it. No doubt I would eclipse 800rwhp with a bit more rpm, but the car is a handful as it is and I don't see a reason to run it higher since it's a street car. I run a big fuel system, built motor and the F1A on an 8 rib setup. No meth, no race gas, etc.

Nice, curious to know where your car makes peak torque?

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Fore fuel system, ID 1300 injectors, F1A, and E85 (if available) should reach 700+whp and/or shake something loose

GodStang

Established Member
Fore fuel system, ID 1300 injectors, F1A, and E85 (if available) should reach 700+whp and/or shake something loose

ID1300 are a waste a money at that power levels on E85. You can get great injectors for a 1/4 of the price.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Makeing the power you want i hope your looking at upgrading your transmission to a t56 or something. That t45 will be a ticking time bomb at 600 plus

Four Door SVT

Established Member
Lots of reality checks here but all so true. If the original seller has photos he should have receipts, someone asked about the heads, if they are true 98 then they aren’t considered the best bet. I’ve got a built t56 on the shelf for 2200, good for 650 but it’s still not enough for your demands. I’d go 2.6 TVS on corn and enjoy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread