How reliable are the SVT Foci?

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
I just bought my 03 screaming yellow svtf 3 door. My question is would a supercharger affect the reliability or longevity of the engine at all? I bought it with a Jackson racing supercharger on it already. Also has methanol injection with a snow performance kit. Has 66.8k miles. Does anyone have any experience with these types of modifications?

Make sure it's got a decent tune like on any FI car, other than that the SVT should handle JRSC boost levels virtually forever.

ChargedFocus

Established Member
Make sure it's got a decent tune like on any FI car, other than that the SVT should handle JRSC boost levels virtually forever.

I have no idea about what tune it has. I bought it from a dealership with the modifications already done to it. They had a lot of information as to the parts but not any to the history the parts as in who installed or tuned the car...

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
I have no idea about what tune it has. I bought it from a dealership with the modifications already done to it. They had a lot of information as to the parts but not any to the history the parts as in who installed or tuned the car...

In that case I'd say getting it to a dyno and having them check it out would be a good idea.

I know a great guy in South Carolina but I don't know if you want to go that far.

Unique Tuning in Hardeeville, Mike is the guy that owns the place.

BBCOBRA

Established Member

here is the same car. it was on here a while back for sale. I was also looking at it since it was yellow. But, too many mods for me for a daily driver.
I also saw it on ebay about the same time. I think the price was around 7200 or so.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-supercharged-eap-svt-focus-f-s-7995-obo.html

talk to mach1mustangman on here, I think he's a friend of the previous owner who had all the work done. I remember in the ad he said it was running a Ford tune so it was running really rich. I'd definately get this checked on a dyno before I ran it too hard. I think the previous owner had run it like this for a few years like this.

edit:
I found the ebay ad. lots of info on your car on there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0Q...emZ300572161762QQsspagenameZSTRKQ3aMEWAXQ3aIT

hope this helps.

Last edited:

ChargedFocus

Established Member
This is crazy because thats the exact one I have. I ended up buying that one from a local dealership in south Charlotte for... Well a lot more than the eBay ad. Wow. I was not aware of almost any of the other mods it had. Thanks a lot. And this was another guy on the forums svt?

BBCOBRA

Established Member
This is crazy because thats the exact one I have. I ended up buying that one from a local dealership in south Charlotte for... Well a lot more than the eBay ad. Wow. I was not aware of almost any of the other mods it had. Thanks a lot. And this was another guy on the forums svt?

yes he listed it for a friend. check the first post. he may be able to put you in contact with the previous owner. Yeah I think they bought it to make money on it. oh well as long as you like it. I really wanted a SY to go along with my cobra. I'm buying a Comp. Orange tomorrow. I found a SY 03 in GA but that deal fell through last week. Looking forward to a new daily ride.

BBCOBRA

Established Member
Why didn't you buyt the SVTF in Georgia? just curious because I saw the car listed on Craigslist.

well, I tried but someone from Mich. called him between my calls and offered a down payment after I said I'd take it. I aked the guy to call me back and let me know if it was sold or not and still haven't gotten a response from him. The car was actually in Miami at the time. It also has almost 45K on it as well. Still a great price though.
I bought an orange zx3 euro eddition today. I love it. It's totally stock except for being lowered about 1.5 inches and it has a 1 piece spoiler right below the back glass. I think it's a cervini's wing.

ChargedFocus

Established Member
In that case I'd say getting it to a dyno and having them check it out would be a good idea.

I know a great guy in South Carolina but I don't know if you want to go that far.

Unique Tuning in Hardeeville, Mike is the guy that owns the place.

I'm going to possibly look into that once I have time. I went back to the dealership I bought it from, they I don't think know too much about focus's as they specialize in evo's and sti's but they said they recommend a testpipe. I didn't know that was legal, because isn't a testpipe an empty pipe where the cat would be? Anyways. Thank you to everyone for all the info. I will also try to contact Mach1mustangman soon. Talking to the previous owner might help, he seemed to know what he was doing too. The work is some of the cleanest I have ever seen.

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
If you buy one with miles make sure it already had the clutch done. When I had mine the only clutch was a centerforce and it was a grand and another grand to install it. Probably cause its the only clutch you can buy. Also the car is a chick magnet, mine got hit by two sixteen year old girls 6 months apart. Not counting the milf that hit me in the parking lot.

ChargedFocus

Established Member
If you buy one with miles make sure it already had the clutch done. When I had mine the only clutch was a centerforce and it was a grand and another grand to install it. Probably cause its the only clutch you can buy. Also the car is a chick magnet, mine got hit by two sixteen year old girls 6 months apart. Not counting the milf that hit me in the parking lot.

Do you know if they make racing clutches for it (haven't done any research yet...) and when you say hit, you mean like accident hit? Cause if so, maybe bright colors are distracting? (lets hope they arnt distracting. My SVTF is SY)

Users who are viewing this thread