How Often Do You Check Your Spare Tire?

CobRoush-00

Established Member
I woke up this morning in 7 degrees weather to a flat tire.
P1240044_zps9c020993.gif

Not a happy camper because it was time to go to work. But I figured in 15 minutes time I can change the bastard and slap the spare on. Well, the spare was also flat because I never took the time to check it. :bash: Some more precious minutes would be lost in inflating the spare, thanks to a portable compressor. Imagine I didn't have that compressor, my day would be definitely ruined. I was wondering if you guys check your spare at all.

Last edited:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Not as often as I should. Although, the vette doesn't have one to check in the first place and since I don't drive to work, it's not a huge deal if I do get a flat.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
In the mustang, it doesn't have one. My other vehicles the spare gets checked when I'm taking the flat tire off lol

Kiohtee

Established Member
I don't think I've ever checked my spare tire. And even after reading this thread, I probably won't.

What I'd really like to get in the habit of is keeping a fully equipped survival/first aid kit handy.

CobRoush-00

Established Member
In the mustang, it doesn't have one. My other vehicles the spare gets checked when I'm taking the flat tire off lol

I don't have one in the Mustang either. I have to say I worry about that. My Audi came with a full spare that is nice but I never looked at it because I haven't had a flat in many years. I guess the cold weather got to my tires this time around. It was so cold my fingers were frozen by the time I was done. I guess I will check it more often from now on.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
I don't have one in the Mustang either. I have to say I worry about that. My Audi came with a full spare that is nice but I never looked at it because I haven't had a flat in many years. I guess the cold weather got to my tires this time around. It was so cold my fingers were frozen by the time I was done. I guess I will check it more often from now on.

I did toss the spare tire in the mustang a couple times last year when I knew I was taking it a good distance away from home, but around town its never in there.

oldmodman

Established Member
Twice a year.

Easy for me since I have a Nitrogen bottle at home to fill from.

They are usually only down 2 or 3 pounds. Except for the mini spare in the Toyota. It has 60psi in it and it has usually lost 10psi.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
I was driving with my uncle in his pickup truck, when he ran over a twisted piece of rebar which instantly deflated his front tire.
We went to get the spare tire mounted under the rear bed and all we found was the hanging wire and pin! Someone stole the spare.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Not often enough on most vehicles. On the F-350 I keep an eye on it because it will be the biggest PITA to deal with if I have to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread