How must boost and hp will the 5.0 handle?

Zemedici

Established Member
1,500hp.. good luck since you're too lazy to research the BILLION times this has been discussed.

what dis guy said. Do some research.

depends on setup / tune / fuel / good/bad gas / stress on OPG (they're one of the weak links) / boost / etc etc

PIKE5.0

Established Member
We have a customer who just made 806/786 with his and a Hellion twin kit and our remote tune on e85

https://youtu.be/VQ0KEUKXb0U

Followed by the next question... Q - But, how long will it last?? A - NO ONE KNOWS, too many variables. And Eric why are you quoting what you know is near/at/passed the stock motor limit, without specifying 100% stock motor, or somewhat built like mine to cover the known weakpoints?

FIVEHOE

Established Member
^ Because they sell more by throwing out big numbers without explaining all the details as to how they are achieved?

See it all the time, unfortunately.
Edit by Staff
You sir, are running a very fine line.

Mach828

Established Member
Most of the failures are due to a mechanical failure and/or an overly aggressive tune. No one knows the true strength limits of the internal parts.

boduke0220

Established Member
i dont see why 700rwhp on good fuel and conservative timing wouldnt last a good few years if not beaten to death. of course,if you put a big 3.2L+ blower on it on 93 and drag race every weekend...might not be too fun.

tacfarm7rnx

Established Member
Glad to know theirs some worthless people on this forum. The ones that actually gave me some information thank you! Sorry I don't have countless hours of time to just search forums and Google all day. I see why pike5.0 has 67% feedback. So I should be safe at 600-625 at the wheels till I get the motor built.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Glad to know theirs some worthless people on this forum. The ones that actually gave me some information thank you! Sorry I don't have countless hours of time to just search forums and Google all day. I see why pike5.0 has 67% feedback. So I should be safe at 600-625 at the wheels till I get the motor built.
It's actually, "there is". Seems with this attitude you'll have fun here.

PIKE5.0

Established Member

Have fun making all the mistakes we've all learned from since you're too busy to educated yourself on your 40k+ investment

scotmach

Established Member
To me you just come across as being lazy and want to be spoon feed. That's not going to work here.

roki187

Established Member
I think under 700 would be a on the safer side on stock components. Most failures I saw came from boost a pump devices failing under boost going super lean and causing catastrophic damage to the motor. I would suggest a return style fuel system to prevent fuel starvation from occurring. I have yet to see one motor damaged from gears failing (without being pushed pass 850). I have seen more than a dozen coyotes running boost and more than 650 wheel and no upgraded gears installed without any issues. Although I would strongly suggest installing upgraded parts to support the added power. But every motor has a limit and parts will fail. Some get luckier than others.

Dcrypter

Established Member
To me you just come across as being lazy and want to be spoon feed. That's not going to work here.

+1

These engines are nearly identical to the 11-14 coyotes with a few upgraded parts so it really not hard to find information about them. You would be hard pressed to spend an entire hour searching before finding your answer.

PIKE5.0

Established Member
Most failures I saw came from boost a pump devices failing under boost going super lean and causing catastrophic damage to the motor. But every motor has a limit and parts will fail. Some get luckier than others.

100% NOT ARGUING AT ALL.. This just shows the difference in opinions/experiences we all individually have. I've seen 1-2 fail in 4 years due to BAP failing, but I'm sure it has happened a lot. Most failures I've seen and know of are something like the OPG's. A lot of been bad tunes, fuel detonation, or idiot abuse not power/boost levels. And that has to due more with bouncing off the rev limiter and straining the chain components, etc.. simple explanation I know.

THIS IS WHY YOU DO RESEARCH OP

tacfarm7rnx

Established Member
That is why I don't trust BAP's and I'll be going with an actual fuel system. I know a good tune is key. Not sure what OPG's are or stands for guess I'll look it up. See I tried looking stuff up on the 15's didn't find much of anything. I knew they upgraded them some so that's why I wasn't looking at info on the 11-14's. That's why I made the post. I just hope I have no problems with my mt82 I know they upgraded them some and I've not heard anything bad about the 15's yet, but theirs just not that much info on them that I can find. Need to search a good place that can build them. Right now the torque management is kicking my butt. Shuts down at 5000rpm's in first gear everytime. Only running 13.3@104 with cat back exhaust and street tires.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Im at 700 crank hp and 641 wheel hp at 10.4 lbs of boost peak. the engine loves the boost and shows zero sign of stress. Of course it was tuned by one of the best tuners on the east coast, Adam at revolution auto..i shift at 7000 k every time i jump on it...its a beautiful thing!!

REDS197

Established Member
Lots of variables. I say 14-15 psi and 750-800 with E85 and fuel system. If you want some added safety oil pump gears and timing gear are a must. On the 15 the timing gear sprocket is not as robust. I know of 3 failures.

Users who are viewing this thread