How much Vacuum at idle

purdueranger

Established Member
I was wondering how much vacuum you guys with turbo Cobra owners have at idle. I have a Speedhut boost/vacuum gauge and a Blitz SBC that displays boost and vacuum as well.

My Blitz controller displays 19 in of Hg and my Speedhut gauge displays 21 in of Hg.

I just installed the Speedhut gauge so that is why I was wondering.

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
I usually have between 18-22 at idle with my eboost2 controller.

Depends on weather, heat, and what accessories I have on.

blowngt

Established Member
I love the blitz controller. I am on stock cams.

Stock cams you should see 19"-20" of vacume.

Just out of curiosity, where do you have yours mounted?

Also, do you happen to know if you can tap into the controller and use it as a MAP sensor to log boost (like with the SCT program)?

I've been lazy about installing a MAP sensor and tapping into the boost controller would be the easiest way (assuming you can).

TRBO VNM

anywhere from 18-21 and you are fine. the differences between the 2 can be different locations you are getting the readings, calibrations, etc.

purdueranger

Established Member
I took the line off the stock boost gauge and plugged it into the speedhut gauge. I will have to look into hooking the boost controller up to the SCT to log boost.

Jason,

Do you know how to "calibrate" the speedhut boost gauge?

TRBO VNM

the speedhut gauge should be calibrated, however, if the needle is not sitting at 0 with the car off, then it does need to be re-calibrated. I don't recall the exact process. I usually figure it out with the gauge in front of me. if you give speedhut a call, they should be able to step you through it. It is similar to setting the high/low limits, so by doing something wrong you can be setting those instead. And the high/low limit directions are usually on the install directions they provide.

purdueranger

Established Member
the speedhut gauge should be calibrated, however, if the needle is not sitting at 0 with the car off, then it does need to be re-calibrated. I don't recall the exact process. I usually figure it out with the gauge in front of me. if you give speedhut a call, they should be able to step you through it. It is similar to setting the high/low limits, so by doing something wrong you can be setting those instead. And the high/low limit directions are usually on the install directions they provide.

The gauge isn't letting me set the high and low limits. I am going to call them tomorrow and see if they can walk me through it or just send me some directions.

TRBO VNM

I assume you have the revolution series. I need to have them email me directions so I always have them available

Users who are viewing this thread