How much PSI for Procharger Race bypass?

allgo90

Established Member
thanks, its just the stock plastic one venting open..sounds prettty loud inside the car but i dont think you can hear it from another car.

blownaltered

Established Member
If your going to vent your bpv to the atmosphere you have to do a blow through setup. You can't dispose of metered air, your car will not run right. If you do a draw though your bpv will have to recirculate back into the system after the maf.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
that actually not 100% true, you can use the closed one on a blow through setup. Mount it in the same spot as the stock and the return tube goes into the same spot on the intake pipe before the blower. The only problem I have heard about the recirculation bpv is that on the race one with enough boost you will blow your air filter off. I heard that from a guy running a f1-a with 23lbs of boost and everytime he races it when the bpv hits it blows off his air filter.

of course you can use the closed one for a vent to atmosphere, but it was designed to be used in recirc, hence the hose connection.

stopsign, I got a good deal, less than $400

blownaltered

Established Member
of course you can use the closed one for a vent to atmosphere, but it was designed to be used in recirc, hence the hose connection.

stopsign, I got a good deal, less than $400

reading comprehension ownes you, I never said you couldn't take the hose off and use it to blow to the atmosphere. I said that you could only vent to atmosphere if you did a blow through maf setup, because the air being blown off is not metered. What is so hard for you to understand that?

Last edited:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
reading comprehension ownes you, I never said you couldn't take the hose off and use it to blow to the atmosphere. I said that you could only vent to atmosphere if you did a blow through maf setup, because the air being blown off is not metered. What is so hard for you to understand that?

what in the hell is your ass talking about?

I understand the concept of blow through vs draw through.

jesus, its like talking to a brick wall.

Stopsign32v

Established Member

Quad and I have had our spats in the past but he definately knows his shit. I'd advise you to pay him alittle more respect. :nono:

Users who are viewing this thread