How much PSI for Procharger Race bypass?

Black Venom 99

Established Member
101_0403.jpg

101_0404.jpg

Thank you very much it helped me out very much, that is exactly where I am going to put mine.

blownaltered

Established Member
Is the mounting bracket purchased straight from Procharger, cause I understand that you can purchase the bypass valve straight from them?

You can buy it seperate from the bpv or as a kit, buy the kit it won't be so bad. For all the guys wanting videos I will get one for you this weekend, I have a short one with open headers I can load but you really don't hear the bpv due to the exhaust. ( video was from the back of car )

allgo90

Established Member
thanks for the pics! that one is the bypass valve though, correct? ive seen they also sell a blow of valve type.
3FASS_008.jpg

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
You can buy it seperate from the bpv or as a kit, buy the kit it won't be so bad. For all the guys wanting videos I will get one for you this weekend, I have a short one with open headers I can load but you really don't hear the bpv due to the exhaust. ( video was from the back of car )

Ok we want that video by this weekend, or we will start the harassment :burnout:

Black Venom 99

Established Member
Procharger offers both an "enclosed version" and an "open version", what is the difference? By the look of the pics posted by no_slow_svt, that is the enclosed version, but blownaltered has the open version. Can anyone comment on this?

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
I have the open one on my novi 2k that was done by wicked motorsports.

Its a bit obnoxiously loud, but it does what it should in terms of preventing compressor surge.

As for what to get, if you never plan to recirculate the air, the open one is fine. If you want to recirc, or aren't sure, get the closed one.

a pic:
prochargerbypass.jpg

5.4 speedster

Banned
whats the difference in sound between two?
does one work better with blow through vs draw through?
can they both be tuned around with sct software?

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
sound should be similar.

The closed one is for recirculated set ups (more of a draw through), and the open is blow through only. However, you'll have a hell of a time getting a hose big enough for the recirc one routed in the engine bay.

the SCT software doesn't care what the bypass looks like as long as its big enough and its working.

blownaltered

Established Member
sound should be similar.

The closed one is for recirculated set ups (more of a draw through), and the open is blow through only. However, you'll have a hell of a time getting a hose big enough for the recirc one routed in the engine bay.

the SCT software doesn't care what the bypass looks like as long as its big enough and its working.

that actually not 100% true, you can use the closed one on a blow through setup. Mount it in the same spot as the stock and the return tube goes into the same spot on the intake pipe before the blower. The only problem I have heard about the recirculation bpv is that on the race one with enough boost you will blow your air filter off. I heard that from a guy running a f1-a with 23lbs of boost and everytime he races it when the bpv hits it blows off his air filter.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
yes guys i have the enclosed system one but im now using it as an open one( thats why there is no hose conected to it)
they are both the same price and they both have the same internals.
if you are unsure what you want just get the one i have and it will work either way for you.

i was set up as a draw through maf before now im back to a blow through. thats why you see it the way it is now.

really the only difference is that i direct all the air out the one side rather than everywhere.

both versions are about 400 bucks and have to be welded like said before

allgo90

Established Member
very nice...cant wait to hear how they sound.
heres how the stock bypass sounds when you run it open. [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=FLAJMzjxhUM"]YouTube - procharged cobra running open bypass[/ame]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread