How much PSI for Procharger Race bypass?

Black Venom 99

Established Member
Hey guys, I just have a couple of questions. How much PSI is recommended to run Procharger's race bypass valve? I am going to be installing a P1-SC stage 2 kit, and will be running 12 psi, is this valve going to be overkill? If anyone can help me out I will greatly appreciate it.

RunninRed

I'm Your Huckleberry
Established Member
I'm only running 10 lbs, and I've got the race bypass. Is it overkill now?? Sure, but I plan on upping the boost eventually. Plus, trust me you WILL NOT beat the sound.

blownaltered

Established Member
I will tell you at about 18lbs of boost through an f1-a, that bpv is loud as hell. It pisses off the people next to you driving down the street and I love every second of it.

allgo90

Established Member
can you guys post pics of yours mounted? i want to know if i have enough room where my stock bypass is to mount the race bypass.

Black Venom 99

Established Member
Thanks guys for the replies. I am going to go with the race valve, due to the fact that I will have room in the future to expand, and that I might even upgrade to the D1-SC unit in the future.

Black Venom 99

Established Member
can you guys post pics of yours mounted? i want to know if i have enough room where my stock bypass is to mount the race bypass.
Good call, I would also like to see where you guys have them mounted. I heard that most are mounting them behind the drivers side fog light. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but the race bypass valve is supposed to be welded in to the charge piping?

blownaltered

Established Member
Good call, I would also like to see where you guys have them mounted. I heard that most are mounting them behind the drivers side fog light. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but the race bypass valve is supposed to be welded in to the charge piping?

yes it is mounted to the charge piping. I have mine mounted where the original bpv was on my p1sc, about a foot from the head unit facing down. Works good there haven't had any issues.

allgo90

Established Member
yes it is mounted to the charge piping. I have mine mounted where the original bpv was on my p1sc, about a foot from the head unit facing down. Works good there haven't had any issues.

post up pics! is it much louder than running the stock bypass open?

187import

Established Member
I'm runnin 9.5psi with P1SC and i have the race valve. Its LOUD, i didn't realize how loud it would be. Sounds like a leaf blower until u get in boost, then it sounds bad azz!

U will like it:)

blownaltered

Established Member
I'm runnin 9.5psi with P1SC and i have the race valve. Its LOUD, i didn't realize how loud it would be. Sounds like a leaf blower until u get in boost, then it sounds bad azz!

U will like it:)

Imagine that on a f1a running double the boost, its pretty damn loud. For the one that wants pictures it will be a day or two and I will get some taken and post them up.

allgo90

Established Member
awesome...it can be welded on the blower discharge pipe, where the stock bypass is clamped to?

snake bite 03

The best place to mount it would be the pipe thats right off the outlet of the blower and be4 the intercooler so when your not in boost the intercooler wont heat up.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member

the closer to the head unit the better.
i have mine mounted right where the stock one was.
ill posts some pics in a min
J

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
101_0403.jpg

101_0404.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread