How much power am I really putting to the ground?

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by MustangBoo
stock gt's can run a best 13.8 stock and yes it can be done
yes, they can

5spd 99+GTs are very capable of high 13s. Auto GTs run low 14s. I know, I had one, and knew tons of people with them

MustangBoo

Save Colonel Reb!!!
Established Member
well all i am saying is that i can run in the 13's with my mods. That is all i am trying to say. So you can believe me if you want to or you don't have to.

hj16

Established Member
well all i am saying is that i can run in the 13's with my mods. That is all i am trying to say. So you can believe me if you want to or you don't have to.
Either learn some respect, or do some real mods, then I might actually give a shit to what you say.

Steeda1

Established Member
MustangBoo,

You pretty much don't have a clue what you are talking about. Everyone is telling you the truth and you just bitch about it. If you already know the answer to you own questions then why ask? :shrug:

MustangBoo

Save Colonel Reb!!!
Established Member
well then genius to prove me wrong show me a dyno sheet of a 2002 GT putting down 208 to the rear wheels with my mods. Due to the location of my residence and being in college i am unable to get a dyno myself at this time.

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
This is the funniest post I've read here in weeks. :lol:

It's almost as good as the one where the guy was telling us to leave our cars in gear when we stopped to avoid the 03 stall problem. :p

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
Like I said in the very 2nd post, probably around 240 RWHP. Don't get upset that your RHWP is less than your BHP. It happens to us all, but unfortunately auto's suffer from this more than manuals. A 99+ GT is highly capable of a high 13 in the 1/4, but an auto is going to have a little harder time, just the facts no flame. :)

99GTCONV

Established Member
Well for those truly intelligent with mustangs hp, how much you think i am making and yes, i have an auto. What's a good guestimate?

Heres my mods:

Bassani X-pipe
Borla Stinger catback
C&L 80mm mass air meter kit
C&L Trueflow Pipe
K&N Air Filter
Superchips Microtuner (firms up shift points and timing)

99GTCONV

Established Member
I must take a neutal stance on the Quarter mile times, because I will agree IF and only IF you have a manual car with a GOOD DRIVER will you be able to beat an automatic in the 1/4 given that there is not chance of error with the automatic. I mean I think all of us will agree there are a lot of guys out there that can't drive 5-speeds.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
dude when i got the car i got it tested out and it pushed 245. so kiss off

If you want peoples honest opinions, be honest yourself. Even the stick GT's barely dyno at 230rwhp so YOU kiss off. I'd say your doing 225-230rwhp, maybe around 260-270 rwtq.

Trust me, you haven't noticed a "significant" power increase. You've noticed a NOISE increase, so in your head it's much faster.

I think you're hoping that boxes and advertisements are right. K&N says it's good for like 15hp, HA! Flows say their muffler alone is another 15hp. Once again, HA! And taking the air silencer out, unless you're running a full fenderwell cold-air kit, it's not gonna do anything. And it still doesn't do anything on 4.6's.

So, 230rwhp TOPS. Liar.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Originally posted by 99GTCONV
Well for those truly intelligent with mustangs hp, how much you think i am making and yes, i have an auto. What's a good guestimate?
240rwhp w/ catted X, 250rwhp w/ offroad X. YES, it makes that much of a difference.

Heres my mods:

Bassani X-pipe
Borla Stinger catback
C&L 80mm mass air meter kit
C&L Trueflow Pipe
K&N Air Filter
Superchips Microtuner (firms up shift points and timing)

Users who are viewing this thread