How Much HP/TRQ Will Longtubes Provide for a 08GT500?

Blacksmoke

Established Member
How Much HP/TRQ Will Longtubes Provide for a 08GT500?
I am having a JLT CAI, and upper and idle pulley swap done (2.6), along with a dyno tune this next week.

I was thinking of making long tubes my next mod I save up for.
Had them on my 06GT but I'm not sure how much they provide for the
07-09 GT500's.

Thanks!

Last edited:

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
I personally think you can find better gains out of other mods. Headers wouldn't be my concern at your power level.

I would first worry about suspension and braking.

itSSlow98

Established Member
youll drop 1-2psi with longtubes and make around the same power. Then you can pulley down to add that boost back in for some pretty respectable gains. Its never a bad thing to make the engine more efficient.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Depends on the brand and cats/no cats. My Dynatechs = 25 rwhp vs o/r x.

And they are made in the United States and cost a bunch less.

Call me if you would like to get pricing.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I agree with all the above....realistically until your knocking on 700rwhp you don't need them. They will be the very last mod I perform to my car this summer because I'm at the end of my mod list

Makinghole

Established Member
I am having a pulley, tune, and headers installed right now on my 2011. Will let you know the results when I pick it up.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I picked up 30RWHP/20 RWTQ w/ my only other mods being a 2.6 upper, cai and a tune. After I added a Ford racing 65 mm TB, ATI 10% lower and a dyno tune and I'm now at 601RWHP/605RWTQ on the stock Eaton.

Blacksmoke

Established Member
Thanks.

Like I said right now im doing a upper and idle pulley swap (2.6), CAI, and dyno tune.

Last edited:

Blacksmoke

Established Member
I picked up 30RWHP/20 RWTQ w/ my only other mods being a 2.6 upper, cai and a tune. After I added a Ford racing 65 mm TB, ATI 10% lower and a dyno tune and I'm now at 601RWHP/605RWTQ on the stock Eaton.

I think this is what I want to do.
600RWHP is perfect for me.

So I need to save up for the lower pulley and TB next.

johnjon87

Established Member
If you're not trying to put up huge numbers on the dyno headers are a waste imo. The only thing they'll do is make the car sounds a little better. You'll definitely notice a difference in cabin temps if you do put them on. Most of the companies aren't don't the jet coating inside the headers so you can always send em to jet hot but of course that means more $. Anyways like I said if you're not looking to put up some crazy#s id say just save your money and go with mods that will be more of a pay off.:beer:

As well I went through 2 sets. As you go up in hp you will need bigger/wider pipes that you can't just buy when your at 500-600 because it will actually take away from your performance because you don't get enough back pressure. Therefore of you were thinking about doing it I wouldn't till I got to those power levels where you had to switch Em. I would day sounds 750 800 fwhp

Last edited:

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I think this is what I want to do.
600RWHP is perfect for me.

So I need to save up for the lower pulley and TB next.

The headers are my favorite mod.They added some nice power and they are a great supporting mod, they also gave my car the muscle car sound that the car was lacking.

Users who are viewing this thread