how much for terminator?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I wouldn't say headers always decrease the value. It more depends on the mods overall, and how the car was driven/maintained. I will agree that a lot of people prefer stock or near stock, but how many cars that are advertised as stock or near stock really were. There are a lot of potential buyers who would like the fact that headers are already installed, assuming they would add them later anyway. It just depends on what the buyers are looking for. JMO.

03terminator77

LacedWithVenom
Established Member
I wouldn't say headers always decrease the value. It more depends on the mods overall, and how the car was driven/maintained. I will agree that a lot of people prefer stock or near stock, but how many cars that are advertised as stock or near stock really were. There are a lot of potential buyers who would like the fact that headers are already installed, assuming they would add them later anyway. It just depends on what the buyers are looking for. JMO.

I agree..Most people buying these cars are going to mod them anyway, so why not save $$$ on the mods..but if you are going to buy a modded car then you should really inspect it before buying it, and if all checks out, then you've just saved yourself a few thousand dollars..JMO

03terminator77

LacedWithVenom
Established Member
I found a '03 10th anniversary coupe with 7,200 miles for 29,000. it is really clean. only mods are intake and exhaust. 29k still seems way too high even for the really low miles. what would be a good price to shoot for?

Its hard to find a 10th Anniversary, Torch Red with those kind of miles. I recommend you taking him a cashier's check for $25K so he knows you are serious and have the $$$$..but you also have to figure in taxes which are another couple thousand dollars, so you're not really getting the car for $25,000, it will come out to more like $27,500.00 depending on where you live and how much you get taxed and he has to realize that too.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
He said it had minimal mods, intake and exhaust only. Catback and to a lesser extent midpipe ARE minimal, headers are a substantial mod and would decrease value like all substantial mods do.

LOL! Since when have headers been labeled a mod that would decrease value? Any since when have substantial mods decreased value?! I can't think of any TS or Turbo cars that have brought less money than a similar bolt-on car?

dragon40k

Established Member
I own a torch red 10th with 9500 miles but it has a pulley and a couple other mods nothing I consider very major. As an owner of a similar car I wouldn't part with mine fore less than 24k (not that its for sale) so I think the owner of the other car is probably expecting around 25k or so.

Juruense

Banned
LOL! Since when have headers been labeled a mod that would decrease value? Any since when have substantial mods decreased value?! I can't think of any TS or Turbo cars that have brought less money than a similar bolt-on car?
Just to clarify the thread is not about headers, I was looking for clarification on what he meant by "the car has exhaust and intake only". If y'all want to argue about headers show some respect to the OP and make a new thread. :bored:

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
I found a '03 10th anniversary coupe with 7,200 miles for 29,000. it is really clean. only mods are intake and exhaust. 29k still seems way too high even for the really low miles. what would be a good price to shoot for?

See the problem is with these cars is that there are people out there that will pay well over blue book for the right car, so if someone has the money and wants a low milage anniversary coupe they just may pay close to what he is asking. I would not pay what he is asking bc it's not worth that to me, honestly that car is not worth 20k to ME becuase it is not what would be interested in. Now if that were a VERY low mile Comp Orange 04 Vert with a KB and all the extras I may pay close to what he is asking, why? bc it's the one in about 10 Comp Orange KB verts in existance lol

He said it had minimal mods, intake and exhaust only. Catback and to a lesser extent midpipe ARE minimal, headers are a substantial mod and would decrease value like all substantial mods do.

Really? Come on man, we aren't talking about Honda Civics here. I'm sure I can get a hell of a lot more than KBB with the SUBSTANTIAL mods on mine. Actually I would laugh it you if you offered KBB value to me.

Just to clarify the thread is not about headers, I was looking for clarification on what he meant by "the car has exhaust and intake only". If y'all want to argue about headers show some respect to the OP and make a new thread. :bored:

I think I may do that :beer:

I'll say I can respect you knowledge but when it comes to that statement on mods vs value, I have to disagree to an extent.

Juruense

Banned
Well since I keep my car stock I like to think that it makes it a bit rarer and more valuable.

Guys that have heavily modded cars tend to disagree.

I will chalk this up to human nature...

The car the OP is about appears to be a great car, not to be passed up if a mutually agreeable deal can be made.

4.6snakedoc

Established Member
I did not see in your thread if it was by private owner or dealer. I could see a dealer asking that for a car. I agree with others that it is worth whatever someone will pay for it. I would print out the KBB and use that as a starting point. Good luck.

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
It is a private owner. KBB is only saying $17,600 in excellent condition. He did say that he is interested in trades especially a certain '99 Cobra.....

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
See the problem is with these cars is that there are people out there that will pay well over blue book for the right car, so if someone has the money and wants a low milage anniversary coupe they just may pay close to what he is asking. I would not pay what he is asking bc it's not worth that to me, honestly that car is not worth 20k to ME becuase it is not what would be interested in. Now if that were a VERY low mile Comp Orange 04 Vert with a KB and all the extras I may pay close to what he is asking, why? bc it's the one in about 10 Comp Orange KB verts in existance lol

Really? Come on man, we aren't talking about Honda Civics here. I'm sure I can get a hell of a lot more than KBB with the SUBSTANTIAL mods on mine. Actually I would laugh it you if you offered KBB value to me.

I think I may do that :beer:

I'll say I can respect you knowledge but when it comes to that statement on mods vs value, I have to disagree to an extent.

That dude is always making dumb ass statements about mods vs value. He did it in my SRA thread. He needs to learn how to keep his mouth shut.

runin1320

sTaNGs OwNs JoO!
Established Member
Was this car in WI? If so, I think it is the one I bought. It had a Flowmaster CB on it, which is coming off.

DSCN0526.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread