$$$ How Much Did Your Power Adder Cost? $$$

phfelts

Established Member
Here's what I want to know:

- What kit did you get?
- What options did you go for?
- What extras did you have to add on? (Fuel components and tuning for example)
- What other supporting mods did you get? (Gauges, oil pump gears, etc.)
- Power numbers if it's not a secret!

I'm mostly curious to find out what options people decided to go with on their kits, and why. I don't want this to become a Paxton vs. TVS vs. Turbo thread; I just want to know the true cost of boosting these cars. Thanks everyone! :coolman:

4VFTW

Established Member

- What kit did you get?Procharger
- What options did you go for?Stg 2 , D1
- What extras did you have to add on? (Fuel components and tuning for example)ID 1000's, BAP & Dyno Tune
- What other supporting mods did you get? (Gauges, oil pump gears, etc.)Roush Pod and Autometer boost gauge
- Power numbers if it's not a secret!665whp/500wtq]

I'm mostly curious to find out what options people decided to go with on their kits, and why. I don't want this to become a Paxton vs. TVS vs. Turbo thread; I just want to know the true cost of boosting these cars. Thanks everyone! :coolman:

Figure $7000 all in

Last edited:

sspstangbanger

Pushrod Killer!
Established Member
I built my own Single Turbo kit and I am a Injector Dyanmics and Fore Innovations dealer so those items were at cost.
I am $6-7k in it with converter, boost controller, triple 465lph Fore stg4 system, id1300's, tuning,etc
That's not counting my sleeved built motor or any suspension and Rearend upgrades or wheels/tires(drag radials)

AfricanSnowOwl

Established Member
Paxton kit from JPC
I opted for ID1000 injectors and vortec BAP. I also did the PCV delete kit and went one pulley size smaller.
I bought a Speed of Sound dual pillar and a autometer boost gauge and aeroforce gauge from AM. I already had a handheld tuner so they just emailed me a tune, then revised it as necessary. I eventually had a dyno check the tune and it was pretty spot on. Made a safe 650/500 on 93.
Total spent was about $5400.

phfelts

Established Member
Paxton kit from JPC
I opted for ID1000 injectors and vortec BAP. I also did the PCV delete kit and went one pulley size smaller.
I bought a Speed of Sound dual pillar and a autometer boost gauge and aeroforce gauge from AM. I already had a handheld tuner so they just emailed me a tune, then revised it as necessary. I eventually had a dyno check the tune and it was pretty spot on. Made a safe 650/500 on 93.
Total spent was about $5400.

Do you daily your car? I like that paxton/vortech kits, but I worry that the extra noise from BOV/wastegate upgrades would get annoying in the long run. From what I've seen from the tuners arguing with each other on this site, it seems that at the very least a good BOV helps these kits out with their drivability and getting a clean MAF signal.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member

- What kit did you get? Armageddon Twin Turbo
- What options did you go for? Garrett GT3076R base turbos, natural finish cold side piping
- What extras did you have to add on? (Fuel components and tuning for example) MSD Electronic fuel booster, ID1000 injectors, Boss 302 manifold, Turbo blankets
- What other supporting mods did you get? (Gauges, oil pump gears, etc.) Oil pump gears, NGK colder spark plugs, custom powder coating for cold side piping
- Power numbers if it's not a secret! Never been on dyno estimated 700 @ the wheels @ 9.5 PSI

Added my comments in your quote. Estimated cost is north of $13,000.00

Last edited:

AfricanSnowOwl

Established Member
Do you daily your car? I like that paxton/vortech kits, but I worry that the extra noise from BOV/wastegate upgrades would get annoying in the long run. From what I've seen from the tuners arguing with each other on this site, it seems that at the very least a good BOV helps these kits out with their drivability and getting a clean MAF signal.

I am using my car as a daily currently. I wasn't when I originally bought the kit, but I've had it installed now for over 3 years. The noise from the blower or BOV has definitely not gotten old. To me it sounds like a jet engine spooling up, which I've always loved.

phfelts

Established Member
Added my comments in your quote

I've followed your thread and it is a very awesome setup you've got. I just get a little sad inside when I start pricing out a turbo kit and it gets into the five figure range. Do those kits have ball bearing options? That seems to be what runs up the costs so much on some of the other kits I've looked at.

phfelts

Established Member
I am using my car as a daily currently. I wasn't when I originally bought the kit, but I've had it installed now for over 3 years. The noise from the blower or BOV has definitely not gotten old. To me it sounds like a jet engine spooling up, which I've always loved.

Yeah, I just wish I could hear one in person. It's hard to judge what things really sound like on YouTube. Some don't sound bad, and others sound like they taped the microphone to the BOV.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

- What kit did you get?
- What options did you go for?
- What extras did you have to add on? (Fuel components and tuning for example)
- What other supporting mods did you get? (Gauges, oil pump gears, etc.)
- Power numbers if it's not a secret!

--Paxton SL2200
--Blower tuner kit, Tune, and ID1000s
--Bought a Kenne Bell BAP seperate as well as a home brewed "toruqe booster" wastegated setup with a Turbosmart 40mm gate from Summit.
--AEM digital boost pressure gauge, 305/35r19 NT05r tires, BMR LCAs, brackets, adjustable panhard bar, and sway bar relocaters.
--No numbers yet. Car is stupid fast.

Inital purchase of the blower package was a hair over $5k. I added the BAP and wastegate setup which added about $600. So im into the actual blower combo for an honest $5750 all said and done. I do all my own work so no labor $$ in that figure.

Drivability is great. I do not daily my car and will say that the constant BOV activity would drive me carzy if i did. It is always there... especially when you pulley down. Pretty annoying to me but i could see how a younger person would think its really cool. Very good attention getter. :)

BrianH87

Established Member
1. Roush Phase 1 TVS 421388
2. No options
3. Extra - Custom Tune
4. Supporting Mods - Boost Gauge (Not including suspension and wheels / tires)
5. Unknown Dyno or track times yet

Overall I paid $5300 for the complete kit new + $500 for a custom tune last year. This year I added the Phase 2 upgrade for $650. In the process of getting my tune updated. So figure I'm in around $6500 with the boost gauge and tuning.

Last edited:

nate-roth

Established Member
1. Found slightly used Magnuson TVS 2300 Kit on Svt Performace - $3200
2. Email Tune - $450
3. Power - have not been on a dyno but my fueling and load calcualtions are correct, so interperting my Maf lbs/min at 68 should equal to 530-560 rwhp. I'll get to a dyno one day...

Very easy install and overall I'm very happy with being all in for about $3750. Perfect for a daily driver with no plans for going above 600 rwhp. Only complaint is I wish the blower was a little louder.

phfelts

Established Member
1. Found slightly used Magnuson TVS 2300 Kit on Svt Performace - $3200
2. Email Tune - $450
3. Power - have not been on a dyno but my fueling and load calcualtions are correct, so interperting my Maf lbs/min at 68 should equal to 530-560 rwhp. I'll get to a dyno one day...

Very easy install and overall I'm very happy with being all in for about $3750. Perfect for a daily driver with no plans for going above 600 rwhp. Only complaint is I wish the blower was a little louder.

It's easy to get carried away when looking at kits. In reality, I'm not sure I'll ever push this car past 600. I live in Hawaii right now, so there's no need to go too crazy since there isn't a drag strip here anymore. I'd just like enough power to set myself ahead of the average GT on the road, and maybe surprise a bette or two, lol.

Justin81

Established Member
- Nitrous Outlet Wet kit 50-200. (100 Shot installed)

- Cigarette lighter Bottle heater

- 93 octane pump fuel, Stock plugs and Tune

About $900 invested with full bottle.

Picked up .6 and 8 mph. :-D

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I've followed your thread and it is a very awesome setup you've got. I just get a little sad inside when I start pricing out a turbo kit and it gets into the five figure range. Do those kits have ball bearing options? That seems to be what runs up the costs so much on some of the other kits I've looked at.

Armageddon's kit comes with ball bearing and water cooled turbos in the base price. This is a no expense spared kit when quality and performance is concerned. The price point of the base kit isn't for everyone, it's for those who want the best and can pay for it. All other Coyote twin turbo kits sacrifice parts choices using the bang for the buck theory.

Last edited:

bigriff85

Established Member
Armageddon's kit comes with ball bearing and water cooled turbos in the base price. This is a no expense spared kit when quality and performance is concerned. The price point of the base kit isn't for everyone, it's for those who want the best and can pay for it. All other Coyote twin turbo kits sacrifice parts choices using the bang for the buck theory.

this^ awesome kit!

VNMOUS1

Established Member
For $6999 you're in on the VMP GEN II TVS Stage 2.

The VMP GEN II blower
Full lower assembly
VMP Triple Pass heat exchanger
SCT X4 with custom tuning

Full details on the website at vmptuning.com

We just blew through another milestone on Rebecca Starkey's GEN II powered GT last night
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=5126395&fref=nf&pnref=story

Oh...and don't forget the 5% svtp discount which takes it down to $6649

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
In my opinion, the VMP Gen II TVS is the most power per dollar you can buy for the 5.0 engine. It's hard to beat that 2.3L, especially when you have a built engine and 6R80 auto. Just ask Rebecca Starkey.

Users who are viewing this thread