how much did you pay

v8stang

Established Member
Hey OP, I'm in the RGV too...
I drove out to Lubbock for mine. Everyone down here wanted msrp minus rebates.

2013 Premium with Brembo package 33.5 out the door
I tried Boggus, Hacienda, Spikes...

I suggest looking around autotrader and cars.com. Don't be afraid to travel a little for the best deal. Internet sales teams usually give better pricing.

Eli

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
Sticker on my A6 13 gt/cs was $41,300 which included nav and a few other things and I got it for $34100 before tt&l. I only was getting half that amount off the 14s so the extra $3500 off for the 13 was a no brainier considering it only had 12 miles on it and built on Dec 2 and arrive at the Dealer in January.

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
My 2012 GT CS had everything but glass roof and navigation. I believe MSRP was around $37k, got the price down to $35,500 then with tax, tag, etc total was $38,500. I didn't get a great deal because they knew I wanted that exact car (black, cs, 3.55s, manual) and the next closet dealer with that was 5 hours away. I feel a good deal would have been $37,000 OTD...oh well.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
MSRP on mine was 37,700. GT Premium auto with everything aside from Brembos, Recaros, Nav. With the dealer rebates and X plan I ended up around 34 OTD.

Cobra 2997

Established Member
2014 Base GT with only Recaro's and 3:73's as options, stickers at 33,545, I'm paying 28,743 + tax/title,etc.
Ordered it last Wednesday, hopefully will be here by June 1st.

87hatchy

Established Member
2013 Base GT with recaros, 3.73s, and manual transmission. 31k OTD. I purchased in September 2012 brand new with 4 miles on it

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
What does the track package include? Do all cts come with brembo breaks?

I just posted this in the other thread but here anyways

The Brembo brake package comes with:

-Front: 14" Brembo® vented rotors with Brembo® 4-piston calipers
-Rear: 11.8" vented rotors
-Unique electronic stability Control® (ESC) tuning
-19" X 9.0 dark stainless painted aluminum wheels with 255/40R19 summer-only tires
-Tire mobility kit replaces spare tire
-Aggressive suspension tuning

Get the track pack it includes brembo brake pkg

Available only on manual GT Mustangs with a 3.73 axle
, the package gives track enthusiasts an engine cooler, upgraded radiator, performance friction brake pads and the same Torsen® differential that's on Mustang Boss 302. The package includes everything in the current Brembo™ Brake Package, with 14-inch vented front discs, unique 19-inch alloy wheels and summer performance tires.

The suspension difference is huge between these and a stripped down GT

I drove a stripped GT and was not impressed with the driving characteristics. I almost crossed 5.0 off my list of potential cars after driving it....then I drove a track pack car(the very same in my sig) and it was like driving a different car. At least test drive one with the track pack/brembo if you haven't driven a 5.0 before. Some other guy on here was comparing a stripped down GT to a 2SS. That's selling the 5.0 short for sure. Well good luck with your car search

California special is nothing more than an appearance package

EDIT: my car is equipped with the track pack, I did full braking from 130-45. They work pretty good but I've found myself going faster than I thought making it seem like the brakes were inadequate. From what I understand the brembos r slightly better against fade, but a nominal amount over regular brakes.

Last edited:

goat-ee

Established Member
For those that paid $40k plus. Are you aware that you can buy an almost new Boss for that kind of money? $21.5k used here for my premium 11'.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
For those that paid $40k plus. Are you aware that you can buy an almost new Boss for that kind of money? $21.5k used here for my premium 11'.

Really? Where? Around me they cost about 48k and that's not even loaded. I'm not spending a lot of money without nav. Boss or not..... I wouldn't buy a boss over a gt500 either. Don't try to say you saw one diamond in the rough either.
Washington also charges you 9.5% tax. I wouldn't get too focused on asking price....ppl are noting OTD prices. In order for me to get a boss I would of had to pay roughly 10k more OTD. I don't like 11-12 models front ends either so it had to be a '13-14

I'm too lazy to look but maybe boss prices r 10k cheaper where your at

goat-ee

Established Member
Really? Where? Around me they cost about 48k and that's not even loaded. I'm not spending a lot of money without nav. Boss or not..... I wouldn't buy a boss over a gt500 either. Don't try to say you saw one diamond in the rough either.
Washington also charges you 9.5% tax. I wouldn't get too focused on asking price....ppl are noting OTD prices. In order for me to get a boss I would of had to pay roughly 10k more OTD. I don't like 11-12 models front ends either so it had to be a '13-14

I'm too lazy to look but maybe boss prices r 10k cheaper where your at

Being lazy will always cost money, but at least you get to pay as much as you could have had a Boss for. Some people take pride in getting a deal, while others like to brag about paying a lot of money. Guess which I am, and where you fit into this scenario??

Anyway, click on the link here. It took about 2 seconds to find a few in the 40k range or below. >>>> boss 302 | eBay

Last edited:

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member

45.5k? Then add title, taxes, doc fee and all that good stuff to it. In Washington if I buy a car out of state I pay wa tax so that's 4500 roughly. Like I said OTD would b like 50k. Paying 8k+ more is a substantial amount.

I will only purchase a car within roughly 500 miles from me anyways. Not that it mattered bc the cars price wasnt special anyhow.

I hope you weren't going off the last bid.

infidel0910

Established Member
Damn mustangs are getting expensive. I guess it was bound to happen with all the new goodies in them. Still, nearing 40k for a GT is just crazy IMO. Although I know I'm going to break down one day and get one lol. Probably the cheapest DIB A6 GT I can find, maybe a used one. Who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread