How many

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
How many have the luck of having your wife/girlfriend support your cobra habit? I have been very lucky. My wife always has supported my car addiction and she is the reason I have my Cobra. I wanted one since they came out and a few years ago my car was available and she was the one that made the deal happen to put it in my possession. Last 2 years while I have had my car tore apart she was the one that kept me motivated and made sure I built the car the way I wanted regardless of the cost. Tonight we were trying to figure out what to do and her response was lets go for a drive and get some data logs in the Cobra. Cant complain about that lol. Granted it cost me dinner but that's a small price to pay lol. I am a very lucky man. How many others have the same support?

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
Having a woman that is interested and supportive of your passion for the car, is pretty much the ideal situation. The woman in my life, although not interested, encourages me to pursue all of my car related interests.

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
I had a wife that made me sell my first comp orange vert via an ultimatum... She's an ex wife now (for many other reasons as well).

The new girlfriend is amazing and went with me (with kids) 9 hours one way to pick up the new Sonic blue vert I just picked up. She's a keeper and a car enthusiast too.

730b141f9efa9ae726f2a2cd642f1c23.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using the svtperformance.com mobile app

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
My wife supports allows my Mustang habit. She also uses it as a bargaining chip when she feels it's necessary, which thankfully is not often.

I like to think of it as a "balance of power" in our houseold.

Last edited:

Steve Cea

Established Member
Not only does she support my excessive car habit ( I've owned over 70 of them ) but my motorcycle habit ( 25) my technology habit ( you name it I got it lol ) but also even my gun addiction and all it's related hardware ! Not trying to brag this is just my opinion but I have the best wife on the planet !!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using svtperformance.com mobile app

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Been married 17 years. We both have excellent careers and are DINKS( Double Income No Kids). Our incomes are separate as is our spending habits. When it comes to car purchases, she (and I) purchase whatever vehicle we want as long as our independent income affords it. In other words, live within your means as if you were the only person in your household including necessary expenses such as the home mortgage.

And then we have a contest each year of who can save the most by savings, investments or 401k.

Speaking of cars, I have a lease coming up. Naturally , Im looking for a new car as a daily driver to purchase in the next few months. I test drove a BMW X3 M40i yesterday......what a rush! Faster than snot for an SAV. Any one driven one of the or have the X3? What do you think?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
My car passion/hobby is not shared by my wife, but she just lets me "do my thing." When I start talking about another car, it is usually met with initial resistance, but then she softens. Just recently I told her I was getting serious about a second Mystichrome vert. I got a chuckle when she immediately went on and on about not needing two of the same car. Once she was done with her speech, I informed her the second one was to replace the first. She actually said that it made sense and to go get it!

Between cars and garage expenses, my wife fortunately tolerates quite a bit.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
@Goose17 I was wondering if you were going to chime in. Of all people, I am most curious how your wife handles what you've got going on over there lol.
I have been prepping mine for another addition. You have to slowly start working it in to conversation and repeatedly bring it up.

HPLouis

Established Member
I had a blown 95 Cobra R with very low miles. The ex wife went after it in the divorce and I had to sell it. I never forgave her and even though it's been 12 years, I'm still pissed at her, and forever will be.

My current wife is very supportive and has actually talked me out of selling the Mystichome a few times already.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
How many have the luck of having your wife/girlfriend support your cobra habit? I have been very lucky. My wife always has supported my car addiction and she is the reason I have my Cobra. I wanted one since they came out and a few years ago my car was available and she was the one that made the deal happen to put it in my possession. Last 2 years while I have had my car tore apart she was the one that kept me motivated and made sure I built the car the way I wanted regardless of the cost. Tonight we were trying to figure out what to do and her response was lets go for a drive and get some data logs in the Cobra. Cant complain about that lol. Granted it cost me dinner but that's a small price to pay lol. I am a very lucky man. How many others have the same support?

Ditto. My wife is justbas understanding. She was the one that pushed me to get it into the shop to have the engine looked at this winter.
I've owned this car since 2004 and she has been nothing but understanding and supportive. There was a point where I wanted to sell it and start over with another SN95, but she (and a member here on SVTP) managed to change my mind. It's now at the shop, waiting patiently for it's teardown.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Well my wife won't let me sell the car, ever! And she rarely rides in it. But that should sum it up. She knows cars are my passion and she won't take that away.

01yellercobra

Established Member
My wife was always supportive. Even back when we were dating she'd be out in the garage with me. So she's always known how I am. She enjoys cars as well. She's never said no to me buying car parts. We got her a Mustang back in 2012. It's lowered, exhaust, etc. Thankfully she doesn't have the power bug like me. She's more into how it looks.

Oh, and when I was getting over my 01 being broken for the 100th time she's the one that said get what I really want. And then managed to find the only Mystichrome coupe for sale in the country at that time.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well my wife won't let me sell the car, ever! And she rarely rides in it. But that should sum it up. She knows cars are my passion and she won't take that away.
My wife was/is the same way. She may not love muscle cars, but she always supports my passions. I really appreciate that.

Joe, I've got to ask, what does your (awesome) wife drive?

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I didn't tell mine when I bought my Terminator. I stuffed it into the garage while she was at work when it was shipped to my house. I then left and waited for the text. She took it surprising well, but I can't attempt that one again.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
My wife supports it. She knows it’s a hobby of mine and is one of the things that makes me happy. She actually likes the Cobra. But doesn’t like my fox body. She thinks they are ugly and the smell without the converters gives her a headache so she won’t ride in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
My wife doesn't support it....but I will say she is understanding lol.

Alot of time and money goes into my toys. And she handles it pretty well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
My wife was/is the same way. She may not love muscle cars, but she always supports my passions. I really appreciate that.

Joe, I've got to ask, what does your (awesome) wife drive?
She drives a 16 Focus ST. Car before that was an 02 GT. She has always had a unique car to drive. We were looking at an RS last weekend just couldn't the nunbers right

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread