How Many Poulnds Of Boost Should My Car Be At With These Mods?

AUSTANG7958

03 TERMINATER VERT
Established Member
I Was Curious On How Many Pounds Of Boost My Car Would Be Making With The Mods I Got. I Have A New Boost Gauge Just Not Hooked Up Yet. Anybody Out There With Simular Mods That Would Have An Idea. Cobra Bobs Site Is Awesome And Has The Chart Just Wasnt Sure If Af Tb And Exhaust And Everything Else Changes It. Ran It At The Track This Weekend And Did A 7.94 In The 1/8th. Not As Fast As I Wanted It To Be It Was Driver Error More Than Car. So Much Fun. Any Help Would Be Awesome. Thanks :??:

01SN8K

In Hawaii
Established Member
we really cant help you make an accurate guess if you have swapped pullies. do you have an upper or a lower? you listed all your supporting mods but nothing about the blower or crank pulley.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I think if you leave caps lock on, some forums automatically capitalize just the first letter of each word. By looking at his sig, Vehicle line and name I'd bet he types everything in caps.
Either way, my eyes actually hurt from trying to read this post....

AUSTANG7958

03 TERMINATER VERT
Established Member
So grammer was not my strong point in school.-lol- Sorry my eyes hurt now to after reading it. I have a 2.76 bf upper no lower. I will have my guages on soon anyway just curious if anyone had simular mods and knew. Sorry for lack of info earlier.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
If it helps any, I have a Stage IV, 2.93 upper, 4# lower (usually 2.93 w/ 4# is equated to 2.76 upper), a JLT intake and an O/R X-pipe and my car makes between 15 and 16 depending on the weather. If you have a Stage V port with the torque plate welded in, you should be approximately 1.5 to 2 pounds higher than those without the torque plate. So, I'd bet that your going to be right around the 16 # range give or take a 1/2 pound.
No need to speculate if you have a boost gauge laying around though. Just hook it up and go for a blast. If your not ready to mount it yet, just run a vacuum line to it through the window and ask a passenger to hold it and watch it for you.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You really should be more interested in how much power your car will be making, rather than how much boost. Lower boost making more power is always better. I see that you have a mail order tune coming, and then you're going to the dyno. You do have a custom tune with your present mods, right? Or are all those mods yet to be installed?

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
I had a Stage IV+ with a 2.76 upper, stock lower and just about the same supporting mods and got 14.5 or so psi. You should be a bit above that with the Stage V port.

Users who are viewing this thread