How many people running small nitrous shot?

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by Brad
I want to do a 100 wet shot, but I hear alot about puddling. As in fuel ending up just sitting around then detonating, thats not good! Any more info on this?

I have heard about this as well, and worry more especially since it would be the blower that would explode and not some $300 intake. I heard it is mainly due to spraying too low, which can be prevented by using a window switch set to spray at 4000rpm's and shut off before the limiter.

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by Juiced-03
I have heard about this as well, and worry more especially since it would be the blower that would explode and not some $300 intake. I heard it is mainly due to spraying too low, which can be prevented by using a window switch set to spray at 4000rpm's and shut off before the limiter.

That makes sense. I'd use the search function but its down right now. Is there a specific NX kit someone can link me too? Also I'd want a purge valve, but I can't seem to find that listed anywhere. I'm really not well informed on n20, even after reading this thread.

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by 11secCobra
wouldnt you want to retard timing with a 75 shot? maybe 2-3 degrees??

I'm sure for best results, but from what I've been reading people just bolt up a 75-100 wet NX with all the boltons and go. I need an n20 for dummies book.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Poisonous Mods (I think he is PMachy now) had a 50 shot NX wet kit. Might want to PM him or search for his posts for more info. He had good luck with the kit

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
Originally posted by Surfnerv89
Am I going to have to have a re-tune with the wet kit? Timing, A/F... I ended up getting the NX.

I don't think it would be a bad idea to do a few dyno runs to be sure you are running ok....did you get the gen-x upgrade,window switch,purge....if you didn't I would suggest it.

I have my whole NX kit from my last cobra....it's only a matter of time before it ends up in the 03 I'm sure.

Dave

Last edited:

03cobrarocks

Established Member
where are some of yall putting the purge valves on the 03?

also which is safer wet or dry?

what is the biggest shot you would want on a stock motor 03?

Do most of yall have the nitrious were you hit the button or the nitrous that only comes in after 1st gear at WOT

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
I miss doing this....
dave00.jpg

only problem was I'd end up purging half my bottle showing people. Doh!

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
thats awesome. I want to do the same type of purge. I am soon installing my compucar n20 in a bag setup. Before it goes on it will have an nx bottle warmer, rpm window, wot switch, remote opener and everything

CobraSS

Established Member
Originally posted by Davesnake
I miss doing this....
dave00.jpg

only problem was I'd end up purging half my bottle showing people. Doh!

He, He...I have mine purging in the same place. I am thinking of moving it to purge onto the intercooler. That way I get the cooling benefits while I purge.

78mphgpr

Under Estimated
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraSS
He, He...I have mine purging in the same place. I am thinking of moving it to purge onto the intercooler. That way I get the cooling benefits while I purge.
That makes a LOT of sense, way to use your noggin!:thumbsup:

Surfnerv89

Fast?... Kinda
Established Member
juiced-03 - I ended up getting a kit from a member on the board (DSF), but the cheapest I found besides that was an ebay auction, from blueovalperformance. They had it for $580 shipped

Brad - go to www.nitrousexpress.com The part number to use would be 20922-10. you'll be able to find all the accessories there too. under EFI. then ford and accessories.

Davesnake - I will do some dyno runs to be safe. I didn't get all the other stuff, yet. I will though. That picture looks sweet. That's the exact same idea I had.

I will be sure to post dyno results and impression in another two weeks or so when I get it in.

larryc7777

Established Member
I've got some decent pics of my ZEX dry kit installed on my Cobra and also some dyno graphs of nitrous pulls. Only problem is that they are on the Sony ImageStation site in my albums there. I've been trying to figure out how to link to them so that I can post them here but I haven't had any luck. I can post the link to my albums, but those of you who aren't members of ImageStation will have to do the free registration in order to view them. Sorry, but I can't seem to get the pics to come here, so you have to go there if you want to see them. :shrug:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287685135

trey193

Established Member
Damn I am addicted to this thread now, I have a brand new NOS 5115 dry kit collecting dust , I need to use it !!!!:) Anybody used the 5115 dry?? I thought Greenvy was using 1 not sure though.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Originally posted by drkchk03svt
This is the only kit that I rather have than my NX Wet kit that is in my garage!

http://www.nitrous-power.com/

did you know TNT has the same supplier for noids as NX does??? TNT doesnt make more power, they just jet different, that is what makes the power. I think the ls1 guys have proven that. Most of the 100 shot TNT cars put down 125whp gains.

Although TNT is the shit though.

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Originally posted by broke7
did you know TNT has the same supplier for noids as NX does??? TNT doesnt make more power, they just jet different, that is what makes the power. I think the ls1 guys have proven that. Most of the 100 shot TNT cars put down 125whp gains.

Although TNT is the shit though.

Yes, but only because the local authorized dealer told me that when we were talking about my NX kit.

LTHL PSI

All bow to Sid
Wow we are going to see alot of spraying 03's..I think the Nitrous is an awesome alternative for those that arent ready to swap the blower. I mean its cheap, safe if used correctly and most of all FUN, an adrenaline rush for sure.

I sprayed my KB the other night, omg...lol...i was so amazed looking at the tach i hit the limiter:bash: ...then i got a clean run, and man oh man, and i only have a puny small .36 jet:whine: ..i'm upgrading that bad boy soon:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread