How many people running small nitrous shot?

DSF

Warranty? Whats that?
Established Member
we are not running a small shot, but we are running a big shot. We are running a Nitrous Express 200 fogger setup. We have run in the 10's just spraying half track!

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
Originally posted by DSF
we are not running a small shot, but we are running a big shot. We are running a Nitrous Express 200 fogger setup. We have run in the 10's just spraying half track!

Can you tell me what #'s that car is making?

I would guess 650Tq or so.

Thanks
Rog

snakecharmr99

Established Member
LTHL PSI, thanks for the reply. That's sort of odd that they rate the kit in FWHP, but it makes a lot more sense now. I was thinking that 80-100hp was a little excessive, but I do like things in excess, LOL !! How would you rate the kit on a scale of one to ten, with ten being the highest rating? Did you or Griffen opt for the bells and whistles - heater, purge, remote opener, window switch etc.? Was the kit complete, safe and fully functional right out of the box? Thanks again.

Juiced-03, my mod list, let's just say it is pretty extensive. I haven't went into the engine - yet, but I do have most of the bolt ons. The biggest and most obvious mods are a solid axle conversion ( my first and favorite drag racing mod ) and a KB. Thanks for the kind comments on the times in my sig. Actually they aren't that impressive to me, I really need to learn how to drive a little better. I know my warranty is long gone and I guess I'm a little worried about making 40 or so car payments on a blown up car!! One of these days I'll find somebody to really rip on it and show it's true potential.

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Last edited:

GreyCobra_03

Lurch
Established Member
I was running a dry shot (Compucar kit) before the maf, and it was very lean. 14:1 A/F ratio. I now have a custom wet kit spraying after the TB, much better AF ratio and my pyrometer shows that it is not lean in the left front header.

DSF

Warranty? Whats that?
Established Member
Originally posted by Wilson & Co
Can you tell me what #'s that car is making?

I would guess 650Tq or so.

Thanks
Rog

havent been on dyno with 200 shot, but with 100 shot we made 648 hp and 780 tq

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by GreyCobra_03
I was running a dry shot (Compucar kit) before the maf, and it was very lean. 14:1 A/F ratio. I now have a custom wet kit spraying after the TB, much better AF ratio and my pyrometer shows that it is not lean in the left front header.

What size shot were you running with the dry kit when it was lean? Unless it was a large shot, I am rather surprised it was lean, especially after 4000 rpm's!

LTHL PSI

All bow to Sid
Originally posted by snakecharmr99
LTHL PSI, thanks for the reply. That's sort of odd that they rate the kit in FWHP, but it makes a lot more sense now. I was thinking that 80-100hp was a little excessive, but I do like things in excess, LOL !! How would you rate the kit on a scale of one to ten, with ten being the highest rating? Did you or Griffen opt for the bells and whistles - heater, purge, remote opener, window switch etc.? Was the kit complete, safe and fully functional right out of the box? Thanks again.

Juiced-03, my mod list, let's just say it is pretty extensive. I haven't went into the engine - yet, but I do have most of the bolt ons. The biggest and most obvious mods are a solid axle conversion ( my first and favorite drag racing mod ) and a KB. Thanks for the kind comments on the times in my sig. Actually they aren't that impressive to me, I really need to learn how to drive a little better. I know my warranty is long gone and I guess I'm a little worried about making 40 or so car payments on a blown up car!! One of these days I'll find somebody to really rip on it and show it's true potential.

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Only extra is the Bottle Heater...comes with WOT switch. The kit was complete and safe right out the box..of course strap it on a dyno first and have a nitrous program on your chip for optimum gains.

Derek

n2fords2003

Established Member
Originally posted by Surfnerv89
Help me out, which one to get:

Nitrous Express wet kit - $580 shipped

Edelbrock dry kit - about $525 plus shipping.

Why dont you ask the shop that is going to be tuning it?? Sounds as if there wount be a big difference between the two and the chip tuner might have more experance with one over the other..

sir-blah

Established Member
Originally posted by Surfnerv89
Help me out, which one to get:

Nitrous Express wet kit - $580 shipped

Edelbrock dry kit - about $525 plus shipping.

NX kit... but I guess I am partial to it.

drkchk03svt

Established Member
I have ran nitrous on every car but the cobra and it is getting ready to go on her! NX and TNT are the only two kits that are rated at the rear wheels. When you put a 100 shot you are adding 100 rwhp. I think they are the most accurate and durable kits out there. I am not saying the others are not good. My openion is that the wet shot would be the safe way to go. That way you are only dumping fuel when needed be. But yes you can do a custom tune as well with a dry shot. Either route you definately need to go dyno the car and check the air/fuel with and with out spraying. Good luck and let me know your results. Remeber... sometimes it is worth to spend a few extra bucks to get quality. :)

Juiced-03

Established Member
I wouldnt think so, not with a wet kit at least. If you keep the shot 75 and below, you should be fine! Just be sure to spray after 4000rpm's and post your impressions! Also keep an eye on your plugs now and then. I am considering the NX kit since I want to use a larger shot. Never used a wet kit though. I am torn between the NX and the Edelbrock kit. Where did you find the best deal on the NX kit?

Brad

Banned
I want to do a 100 wet shot, but I hear alot about puddling. As in fuel ending up just sitting around then detonating, thats not good! Any more info on this?

Users who are viewing this thread