How many people running small nitrous shot?

Surfnerv89

Fast?... Kinda
Established Member
I am thinking about getting a small shot of nitrous. like a 30-50 shot. I think after a blower porting, and a small shot of nitrous the car would run very strong. I don't really have the money to spend on a blower upgrade like kb, whipple, or procharger. looking at griffins numbers and reading how his car runs, also makes me wanna get some. Any one with N02. how is it for ya?

EatonMe

Originally posted by Surfnerv89
I am thinking about getting a small shot of nitrous. like a 30-50 shot. I think after a blower porting, and a small shot of nitrous the car would run very strong. I don't really have the money to spend on a blower upgrade like kb, whipple, or procharger. looking at griffins numbers and reading how his car runs, also makes me wanna get some. Any one with N02. how is it for ya?

I've also been considering a small shot. Probably around 50-75hp - nothing more. With that, my current mods, an Apten upgraded Eaton, and some DR's this car would be perfect.

Do you already have all of the bolt-ons?

Snkbyte

I'm the cream of the crop
Established Member
I had a compucar nitrous in the bag kit but I only had it in my car for about a month before I put her away for the winter. But I noticed a big difference, I raced a buddy of mine with and without in the same night. Without he pulled me hard probably about two cars at the start of a 50 roll. Next time only spraying the small jet we were neck and neck from 2nd to the end of 4th. Then I sold the kit because I didn't like the setup. And now I plan on getting a new kit and spraying 50-75 shot. If you don't have the $ for an upgade in s/c the spray is the way to go.

Will

cbrtrx

Established Member
SURFNERV, I think you should do it, i was thinking about it, but ive seen the rotor blades on s/c with nitrous and all the coating they put on the blades was flaking off, i think from the cool nitrous hitting the hot rotor blades, and i dont know if that is to good long term, but you might as well try it to see, its the only way your going to beat me , just kidding , my car nicked a valve that night and now its not as fast as it used to be, you are the new cobra champ! lol

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
I will have a NX setup on my car spraying before the MAF just because its really simple. I plan on a 75 shot once I ge things dialed in.

78mphgpr

Under Estimated
Established Member
Start off really small and go up a little. I am really interseted in how well it works also. I will help you hook it up as well.

Snkbyte

I'm the cream of the crop
Established Member
Originally posted by broke7
I will have a NX setup on my car spraying before the MAF just because its really simple. I plan on a 75 shot once I ge things dialed in.

Broke what is your setup gonna be?

Will

03SilverBullet

Spray the house down!!
Established Member
I have the edelbrock dry nitrous kit (50 shot) and it is a beast. I dyno'ed on a mustang dyno 508/518 off the bottle. On the bottle it dyno'ed 400/572. My stock clutch let go and smoked the rollers on the dyno at the same time. I wish I had a video of it. Have your chip retuned so to take a little timing out on the higher end of your rpm band just to be safe. I recommend nitrous over spending $4000 any day.

Griffin

Established Member
but ive seen the rotor blades on s/c with nitrous and all the coating they put on the blades was flaking off, i think from the cool nitrous hitting the hot rotor blades

This happens on all of our cars. It is not the nitrous. When I got my S/C ported it had the same flaking. So did the new S/C I put on. It has nothing to do with the juice....

Juiced-03

Established Member
03SilverBullet,

how does the Edelbrock kit add fuel?? Where did you buy your kit and do you have any pics? Thanks!

03SilverBullet

Spray the house down!!
Established Member
I can send you pics tommorrow. Send your e-mail. It raises fuel pressure via vacuum. Very simple to install. I would not go with the the edelbrock kit. It's a nice kit but way over priced.

99GTP guy

Established Member
Nitrous would be a good way for cheap power. Especially with an already forged motor. It would really help in highway rollons. That instant torque would get your car moving fast!

Anyone have a purge on their 03? Purging from the bottom of the winshield (inbetween the hood and winshield) would look pretty sweet.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by 03SilverBullet
I can send you pics tommorrow. Send your e-mail. It raises fuel pressure via vacuum. Very simple to install. I would not go with the the edelbrock kit. It's a nice kit but way over priced.

I would appreciate it very much!! Thanks!

[email protected]

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
Originally posted by cbrtrx
SURFNERV, I think you should do it, i was thinking about it, but ive seen the rotor blades on s/c with nitrous and all the coating they put on the blades was flaking off, i think from the cool nitrous hitting the hot rotor blades, and i dont know if that is to good long term, but you might as well try it to see, its the only way your going to beat me , just kidding , my car nicked a valve that night and now its not as fast as it used to be, you are the new cobra champ! lol

How do you know if you "knick a piston?"

snakecharmr99

Established Member
03SilverBullet, could you give me some more info on the Edelbrock kit? Is it the 03 specific kit? How was the install? I've been thinking of going with this kit as well. Edlebrock lists it as adjustable between 80-100 hp, correct? How did you figure a 50hp shot? Can you use jets from another kit? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks for any replies or suggestions.

snakecharmr99 :rockon:

sir-blah

Established Member
I have an NX wet kit. I have had no problem with it at a 75 shot. It hit nice when I was stock, but after putting on the pullies it hits like a ton of bricks. Its awesome. A lot of people are going with dry kits, but I wouldn't want to trust the computer to add fuel on a pullied car, the injectors are in my opinion working about as hard as they need to.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by snakecharmr99
03SilverBullet, could you give me some more info on the Edelbrock kit? Is it the 03 specific kit? How was the install? I've been thinking of going with this kit as well. Edlebrock lists it as adjustable between 80-100 hp, correct? How did you figure a 50hp shot? Can you use jets from another kit? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks for any replies or suggestions.

Hey man I just saw your sig!!! What are your mods??!! Awesome times there!

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Originally posted by Snkbyte
Broke what is your setup gonna be?

Will

Apten unit, ported plenum, ported throttle body, new tune, 28" Tire, JLT CAI, some small weight reduction i.e backseat elim kit.

I had thought about wet first then after I pulled my blower I wasnt to thrilled with all the distance the fuel had to travel to get to the intake ports, for n20 flow it is good, but fuel I have doubts although alot have sprayed wet and had very good luck. Its not a straight shot like the Lightnings. I am just blocking off the fuel side on the NX nozzle and that should take care of everything. Im still kind of in the air on the wet setup though

50 shot, then 75 if the clutch isnt gone I will step it up even more. I have all the intentions of clicking off a 10 second pass on the blower then spraying it. With the 28" Tire I am eliminating the traction game, its a straight out slick.

Last edited:

LTHL PSI

All bow to Sid
Originally posted by snakecharmr99

I have the Edelbrock Kit, so does Griffin...You also have to add fuel with the chip/predator to compensate..we figured that out on Griffins car, when he messed around with the predator.

The Edlebrock H.P. arent rwhp, thats why the 100 hp equals 40rwhp and it is only a .36 jet. Griffin and I both gained 4x rwhp. Its a small shot...The only reason I got that kit was because it was 03 Cobra Specific...I like it, little expensive but worth it imo.:burnout:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread