How many of you have shift lights?

What type of shift light

• Raptor

Votes: 209 44.8%
  • Autometer light with the plug in pill

Votes: 21 4.5%
  • Full 5" tach with shift light

Votes: 24 5.2%
  • None, but I wish I could turn off that yellow arrow!

Votes: 212 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
cobravenom39 said:
Only problem is the regular tach is slower than the engine speed and terribly innacurrate. The Raptor reads right from the computer-and will actually tell you to shift at an accurate point. You can compensate when you calibrate ithe G-tech against the tach.

Once you get to above 500rwhp, you need the raptor to light up in your face to tell you when to shift. Best mod I've done!

First of all my tach happens to be accurate at least to what the computer reads via obd2 port.

Secondly you use the factory tach to cal at 2 rpm points 2k and 4k rpm, you bring engine up to that rpm and hold it there while you cal the gtech and push a button on the gtech to accept. I could use the obd2 port for that matter.
It has nothing to do with response just to clear that up. gtech uses a circuit that senses off the voltage buss either frequency of the alternator or voltage variation.
I would like to see if a different bulb or super bright led could be used in the instrument cluster shift light though.

20-COBRA-03

Banned
i have a blue raptor... pure badazz. I just watched it come on yesterday when i took my buddy for the last ride of the year around the block. Eased it in first, then banged second and nailed it and she went probably 4 feet sideways and left atleast 40' long strips then i had to park her. But lets just say... his jaw was dropped and he didnt even see what it feels like to get traction ;]

lthlsnake

U like spike strips? I do
Established Member
Here is where i put my raptor shift light, its very stealth i think
DSCF0061.gif

DSCF0060.gif

DSCF0059.gif

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
:lol: If by stealth you mean in PLAIN SITE!!!! :poke:

03'Darin

Established Member
I've got a used Raptor shift light for sale. If anyone's interested shoot me an offer. :banana:

Darin

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
Had my tuner turn the stock shift arrow from a granny light to a useable shift light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread