How many of you have shift lights?

What type of shift light

• Raptor

Votes: 209 44.8%
  • Autometer light with the plug in pill

Votes: 21 4.5%
  • Full 5" tach with shift light

Votes: 24 5.2%
  • None, but I wish I could turn off that yellow arrow!

Votes: 212 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptNemo

Evil Genius
Established Member
The nice thing about the raptor is you don't need a tach adapter to make it work.
My raptor is mounted on top of the steering column.

mosconiac

Established Member
Here's my raptor...great unit!

IMG_9062small.jpg

Cornstang

Roll Tide Roll!
Established Member
Installed my Raptor today! Very pleased with the design and relatively ease of installation. Now it is time to try it out at the track.

03YellowVenom

Established Member
Your going to luv it at the track, its so nice not to have to watch your tach, just wait for the red light and nail the next gear.It also gives you time to watch boost , fuel presure ext. :rockon:

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
mblgjr said:
Are there any lights that do NOT require cutting/soldering/clamping into the computer harness?

Just curious.

G-tech pro comp for sure, plugs into lighter, has prog. shift light and redline light. You cal. it against your reg. tach. It's useful in other areas also. I've made a custom base to allow mount and dismount in sec. If you care not to download data you can save some coin getting the ss model.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
Boosted521 said:
i've got the raptor light mounted to the speed of sound pillar

dsc002801kw.jpg

I'm getting that set-up except fuel press, oil press, and raptor.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
mblgjr said:
Are there any lights that do NOT require cutting/soldering/clamping into the computer harness?

Just curious.

Think you can trigger of an injector pulse in the engine bay, I had a raptor in my 02 GT and think that is the wire you tap into at the computer anyways.

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
69gt4speed said:
G-tech pro comp for sure, plugs into lighter, has prog. shift light and redline light. You cal. it against your reg. tach. It's useful in other areas also. I've made a custom base to allow mount and dismount in sec. If you care not to download data you can save some coin getting the ss model.

Only problem is the regular tach is slower than the engine speed and terribly innacurrate. The Raptor reads right from the computer-and will actually tell you to shift at an accurate point. You can compensate when you calibrate ithe G-tech against the tach.

Once you get to above 500rwhp, you need the raptor to light up in your face to tell you when to shift. Best mod I've done!

MyLil'Pony

Stangoholic
Established Member
When I was in Scotland last, I saw an STI with something that not only lit, but chirped three, quick consecutive times when it was time to shift so the driver never really had to take his eyes off the road to glance at lights or tac. I've never seen that before, though it was a nifty idea. He said he could set to any rpms he wanted and could turn it off as well when not racing so the chirping didn't get on his nerves during normal driving. Anyone else ever seen(heard) one before?

shocker 420

Established Member
MyLil'Pony said:
When I was in Scotland last, I saw an STI with something that not only lit, but chirped three, quick consecutive times when it was time to shift so the driver never really had to take his eyes off the road to glance at lights or tac. I've never seen that before, though it was a nifty idea. He said he could set to any rpms he wanted and could turn it off as well when not racing so the chirping didn't get on his nerves during normal driving. Anyone else ever seen(heard) one before?

No, but that sounds sweet. And could get annoying at the same time.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
For those who have the raptor installed in the AC vent...how did you run the wiring into the vent, and how did you mount it? Also, can having the heat on during the winter months hurt or destroy the unit?

BLK04

Established Member
mike79 said:
For those who have the raptor installed in the AC vent...how did you run the wiring into the vent, and how did you mount it? Also, can having the heat on during the winter months hurt or destroy the unit?
I removed the glove box and drilled a small hole in the plastic duct for the ac vent. I also removed the passenger side vent trim so i could get my hand in there to run the wires through the hole. Only two small bolts holding it on. Removing the glovebox and a/c trim takes maybe 5 min very easy. I mounted it using one of the mounts the kit comes w/ and a small peice of double sided tape. I'm not sure about using the heater w/ it. I only get to use the heater maybe 4-5 times a year if that. And when i do its always set to the floor.

Last edited:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
BLK04 said:
I removed the glove box and drilled a small hole in the plastic duct for the ac vent. I also removed the passenger side vent trim so i could get my hand in there to run the wires through the hole. Only two small bolts holding it on. Removing the glovebox and a/c trim takes maybe 5 min very easy. I mounted it using one of the mounts the kit comes w/ and a small peice of double sided tape. I'm not sure about using the heater w/ it. I only get to use the heater maybe 4-5 times a year if that. And when i do its always set to the floor.

Thanks for the info. I gotta find out about the heat thing though, mine is used for almost 5 months straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread