How many of you have ordered a 2003 cobra

Berke

Super Genius
Established Member
I've been calling around the Metro-Detroit area trying to find a dealer that will do A-plan. I found quite a few that will, but I also found these a$$holes who are trying to sell them for MSRP +$10k!!! It's Pat Miliken Ford in Redford. I told them I hope there's not an idiot in the country that will buy one from them at that price. What kind of idiot would buy a Mustang Cobra for $45,000??? It's a great deal at $35,000 for all the performance(and weight-sarcasm ) you get, but at $45K, i'm not sure! For the little bit more, I think i'd have to go with a M3 or Z06.

Anyway, I'm going in tomorrow to place a order on either a Sonic Blue, or Red Coupe with no options on it.

OO/88 GT

2003 cobra

Has anyone who lives in Illinois order a 2003 and if so form what dealer and what did you pay. Thanks

Weasel

Established Member
Ordered mine today at Framingham Ford. Silver coupe. Their two allotted convert. are taken, three coupes left.

SonicBlue03

Established Member
Ordered a Sonic Blue Vert from a dealer in the Northwest burbs at MSRP. It took 15 phone calls, but it was worth it. I originally had one ordered at $2000 over MSRP until I started doing my homework and discovered the definition of the phrase "Price Gouging".

Last edited:

eddy z

Established Member
i ordered a 03 vert on 2/02 at 2500 over sticker. not happy about the over sticker. but, alot of dealerships were giving me the run around and would not put it in writing, or sell the vert at sticker, only coupes. i gave up, and left my order as is. del date early july. first one to be deliveried at the dealership...

cobra 829

Established Member
eddy z were are you from go to dealer connection.com punch in 48152 for the zip code and call around mich there are some dealers left will sell msrp or less in mich what you need to remember is that they going to make 13000 car in two waves and they can make 800 per day may is 3000 august is10000 unless you got to have the first one dont pay over msrp if you can find one in mich a plane ticket is a lot cheaper then 2500 over msrp

eddy z

Established Member
really, in MI., not bad then as I live in nothern IL... I will look around then and cancel my order. I will loose my $500 deposite. I heard aboutthe production runs as you explained them. i guess I just cannot wait until next year for thise car. Production starts in May. So I guess I am paying ofr it. WOW, under sticker price as well in MI?? that's not bad...

dun4791

Established Member
Whatever you guys do DO NOT PAY OVER MSRP!! It might be hard to wait, but you will save thousands of dollars. If the dealers wont sell MSRP on the first run of about 4000 cars they will on the second run of 8000 cars.

I ordered mine at Mangold Ford for A Plan, alot of the dealers around me wont sell at A Plan so I just wont go there. But they have 5 cars allocated for the early run, so mine is the 6th car they will get allocated (in the second run). Its worth the wait for me to get it at A Plan. So what im sayin is you will get the car you want, all you might have to do is wait.

Sonic Blue coupe graphite inserts wing and aluminum rims, ETA of Halloween.

Until then Ill be enjoying my 01 Silver coupe, 370 miles, no mods.
-------- Lyle.

eddy z

Established Member
I just heard last night run wave 2 for the 03's will be avaialbe in Oct. So, correct, if you miss the first run for July, you can wait and get it in Oct....

Rob03

Established Member
I ordered an 03 Zinc Yellow with chrome wheels on 2-7-02. Hope to get it in May. But more than likely will not see it until June. There are always delays...

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

Users who are viewing this thread