How many of you have ordered a 2003 cobra

fangstang

Established Member
I just want to know who has or who is planning on dong so soon? I ordered a silver coupe w/ spoiler, no chromes. Hopefully I'll be one of the first to have one. I cant wait!

Cobra-T

I am ordering mine on Saturday. I was trying to wait on the pricing (the dealer entered it in the system and still no pricing) but I am going to go ahead and order it even if there is still no pricing.

I am getting a Silver Coupe - No wing - and crome wheels (which I will be taking off and selling as new takeoffs the day I pick it up).

I called about 20 dealers and I finaly found one that will order it for $1000 over invoice. That's right, I said INVOICE not MSRP. The dealer is in the "Atlanta Area" and if anyone would like the name, e-mail me and I will make sure it is alright to give out his name this weekend while I am there. While I was calling around, I did hear some prices as high as $5000 over MSRP.

Crusader

Established Member
I WAS going to order one until I found out that the dealers here in San Diego are marking them up by $5000.00! With the MSRP around 33,000 that puts the car at almost $40,000. Forget that, I bought one just four months ago for only 29,000, and at 0% interest to boot. I'm not spending $10,000 more... Sorry guys but money is an object for me, besides it's still basically the same 4.6 liter engine except with a cast iron block and some mods. It sucks that the dealers want such a markup... Unless you are down for mustangs only, at 40,000 thats real close to Vette territory. CRZ8R.:fm:

Randee of the Redwoods

Clueless. No...really.
Established Member
Order up!

I ordered mine on Feb 5th, the first day orders were taken. Mineral Gray/Charcoal coupe. I had to put down a rediculous deposit, but I have a signed piece of paper that says I can get it back if I decide to back out.

fangstang

Established Member
When I was going to get a mustang 2 yrs ago, the salesman told me that the deposit is refundable but the customers werent suppose to know that it is. Oh yeah, I went to my dealership tonight and asked for a brochure but they havent recieved any yet. I spketo the sales manager an asked if ay info has b releasd and he said no. I also told him that I placed my order here with one of the sales people a week and a half ago and would like to know if they were going to ask for more than msrp and he said yes. Well I told right in his face that I dont itend on paying more than msrp an know other dealerships that would give me the car for msrp. I also told him that I had purchased my current cobra from this dealership last May and returned for the new one because I was treated nicely. He hesitated for a bit and told me to call my salesman this saturday and talk to him. I said thank you and left. You have to be firm with them, no beating around the bush cause they'll take you for a ride and next thing you know you lost $5-10,000 cause they were "nice". Be purposefull and right to the point and they'll know you mean business.

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Originally posted by fangstang
I just want to know who has or who is planning on dong so soon? I ordered a silver coupe w/ spoiler, no chromes. Hopefully I'll be one of the first to have one. I cant wait!
Pricing to be announced in late April.

fangstang

Established Member
Late April? That means we wont even see our cars till atleast late june into july! This sucks, they make it seem like they are selling Ferrari's, and Porches! Its a freakin Ford fo gods sake!( but a nice one at that!).

Berke

Super Genius
Established Member
I'm going to shop around this week to see if there are any dealers here in the Metro-Detroit area that will sell one for A-Plan. IF I can find one, i'll put an order in. Although I'm torn between Blue, Black, or Red.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by VintagePorscheG
I ordered one a week ago $1000 down and MSRP

Its silver with a black int and top....

Its replacing my GrandPrix GTP.... just wish it had 5 seatbelts... lol
How did you like your GTP??? I know you will lve the Cobra, did you by chance go look at them at the Chicago Auto Show??? They are awesome!!

BTW welcome to the boards........

-Zach

mineral03

Established Member
Hey everybody!! New to the page, couple people from 98cobra.com said this site was cool, so i signed up! I ordered a mineral grey coupe, no wing ( pretty tacky lookin if you ask me), and no chromes. I think i ordered it last friday. Hopefully ill get one of the first production runs!:D

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I hope that I'll be getting one of the 1st Cobras.. from my order sheet, and when it went in to the factory I'm guessing it will be..

pg2order.jpg

stangfan

When in doubt.. Floor it!
Established Member
Just orderd my '03 Cobra 'Vert last night! Wahooo! I'm so excited! Mineral Grey/Charcoal Interior.

01blkcovert

Established Member
Originally posted by fangstang

My order is also in for a triple black convert with chrome wheels.:r:

cobra 829

Established Member
i got my order sonic blue with chrome w/spoiler i wish they would put the new mach 1000 stero in it top of line car should have the best stero 1100 watts stock would have been nice i guess its after market time i put my order in feb and they build them here so im hoping to get in june they are going to build 800 a day 4 day build if the line dont stop 10 hr 2shifts they can take there time im going to be there when they build mine i want to see it being build when u get close to may your dearler can get u a build date when your car is being built:) :) :) :lol:

Black2000GT

Established Member
Originally posted by mineral03
Hey everybody!! New to the page, couple people from 98cobra.com said this site was cool, so i signed up! I ordered a mineral grey coupe, no wing ( pretty tacky lookin if you ask me), and no chromes. I think i ordered it last friday. Hopefully ill get one of the first production runs!:D
what's your post name on 98cobra.com. You are the first one i've run across. This is chuck 2000BlackGT from 98cobra.com

Users who are viewing this thread