How many have changed the placement of the shelby lettering??

TungstenGT500

Established Member
Be forewarned. I first removed the stripes. Then the grille snake, followed by the faux cap and lettering. The clean look is addictive.

If I was still a teenager, the striping and lettering might excite me. But I'm not and it doesn't. Cops in the know are drawn to the 285's all around, as they know that there is something up with the car. At least now they don't notice me coming from miles away anymore though. My insurance company and my wallet appreciate that.

Tob

Like someone said - to each his own. Having any car is about making it what you want it to be, so no one is right or wrong. I personally hesitated moving the letters because anyone who really knows the car knows that the 2007 GT500 had the letters above the left taillight, and the Shelby GT had them spread out across the center of the trunk. I spent enough money on the car and am proud enough to have one that I want people to know what it is. If I couldn't switch them back I would not have done it (when I bought mine, we were more hopeful of their being "collector" items - maybe, but probably not now).

Anyway, I think the color combination also makes a difference on the blank canvass thing. My Tungsten car would be too plain for my tastes without stripes, but it does look cool on white and black...

Thanks to Farmerdog again - he was super to deal with (even sent a personal email) and his vinyl template worked great. I look forward to meeting him when he passes through here.

Users who are viewing this thread