How many have changed the placement of the shelby lettering??

cheftjpeck

Established Member
So looking through some old GT500 models of 2007. The show car model etc. Including the one from the 5.0 article and it reminded me that the shelby lettering on the trunk lid was more like that of the shelby's of yesteryear...how many here have moved their lettering to emulate that. If so, did you buy new lettering..or carefully remove and place the lettering back on. anyone have pics and how they did it...let me know...just curious..I may do this..I am seriously thinking about it ...as My 05 gt..that i made into the tribute gt350..I placed the letters across the trunk lid as they did back in the day..Would love to hear some opinions and tips...thx..

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
You won't be able to remove and replace the same letters - the adhesive is one-time use and you'll probably destroy the stuff upon removal anyway. Just buy a new set and measure :)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I don't see any reason why you could not buy new 3M double stick and redo the removed letters and reapply them.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
I bought a new set when I moved mine. Many have reused their original letters, you just have to replace the adhesive tape on the back of the letters.

cbrmuscle

Established Member
That looks amazing! I'm sold. What is the best way to remove the letters without damaging the paint?

oldmodman

Established Member
That looks amazing! I'm sold. What is the best way to remove the letters without damaging the paint?

Take a piece of fishing line and pull it back and forth while pulling it behind the letter. Pull it gently away from the body and there is no chance it will marr the paint. Then remove the tape residue with lighter fluid, NOT NAIL POLISH REMOVER!

Or you can use kerosene or Goo-B-Gone to remove the residue.

FiaCobra

Established Member
I just did mine tonight.

lettersl6.jpg

Last edited:

wyomustang

Established Member
I think it looks great so I ordered some Shelby trunk letters thinking they'd be the same and when I got them today...Noooooooooo....way different and I ordered it from the Shelby website..lol..

Where can I buy new letters that are the same as the orginals?

if not I'm probably gonna just re-use the old ones.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
I got the direct replacements from EBay.

If you want to re-use. Warm up with either a hair dryer (heat gun, works best) then apply 3-M tape cut to size. I removed mine with a plastic spatula wrapped with a soft microfiber cloth. After I got them hot with my heat gun (about 5 Min's) I popped them off in 2-3 minutes. Then I wiped glue clean with bug n tar remover.

Shelbyloweredv7-1-09074.jpg

Captain Beyond

Established Member
There's someone on TeamShelby that sells templates for the centering of the letters. I may buy one as this seems the easiest way to go. :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread