How many 9 sec Roush and VMP TVS cars out there?

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Lidio from Alternative Auto has ran 9.90's in good air @ 3900lbs without the spray... Roush TVS

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 682

FIFTY

Established Member
I think it comes down to cost at the end. Plus, many shops don't market or test it like VMP does. There are a lot more options if all out power is wanted, I picked the TVS because it's good street setup with OEM qualities and build. And goes 9's safely:)

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I have been 9.96 in a full weight C/S auto with a Roush. The car does have some mods though.

ebrow21

Established Member
Many more than the poor 2.3 Whipple guys. I happen to be one of the few (maybe the only one who still owns/has the car together).

ebrow21

Established Member
I have a 2.3 Whipple. Same setup as everyone else, its not a complicated formula. Auto, good tune, tires, cat delete, good fuel (I wouldn't suggest straight 93) and 82mm or under. Good DA and track prep are also very closely intertwined with the mods.

The combinations of pullies/mods all equal out. Some run lower boost, but more timing. Others run higher boost but stock converter/exhaust. The basic formula requires the things I listed above however.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Lidio runs a VMP high flow inlet elbow, VMP twinjet 67mm TB, and I think he has our 5% OD balancer ring on his Roush TVS setup as well.

I know there are a ton of guys in the mid-low 10s, there are a few dozen that have kept pushing into the 9s.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Lidio runs a VMP high flow inlet elbow, VMP twinjet 67mm TB, and I think he has our 5% OD balancer ring on his Roush TVS setup as well.

Yes he does, and soon so will I!
My car is going to be spending the winter in Lidio's shop while he works his magic... Hopefully my car can be added to that list come spring!

My family thinks I've lost it for pulling the motor out of a car with only 11,000 miles on it! Lol!

Users who are viewing this thread