How long till u can buy one for 35k

redsap05

Established Member
How long do you guys think till you will be able to pick up a nice clean low milage gt 500 for 30 to 35k? I think by next fall you be able to find them for that, Used of course. I really want this to be my next car but I cant spend 46k for new one so I will paitently wait for the value to drop. In the meantime Iam pretty happy with my 05 gto, its a great car but for me to trap say 117-118mph Iam looking at over 6k in mods, Just doesnt seem worth it when you can get it from a gt500 with a couple very simple upgrades. :-D

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I think alot of people are confusing the GT500 with the regular Shelby GT.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
I'll take 35.5k for my car (it is back to stock). White/blue (stripes painted on) less than 21k miles.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
How long do you guys think till you will be able to pick up a nice clean low milage gt 500 for 30 to 35k? I think by next fall you be able to find them for that, Used of course. I really want this to be my next car but I cant spend 46k for new one so I will paitently wait for the value to drop. In the meantime Iam pretty happy with my 05 gto, its a great car but for me to trap say 117-118mph Iam looking at over 6k in mods, Just doesnt seem worth it when you can get it from a gt500 with a couple very simple upgrades. :-D

I was having this exact conversation today. What did they build--8,000 or so each year and more coming this year and obviously a 2010 model based on the spy shots. That is a lot of $45K cars. My first thought is where are all of them--in garages? Everyone that bought one of these cars as in investment or novelty are going to be dumping them especially with the economy where it is. I think you will be able to buy a sub 10,000 mile GT500 for $35K or less by the summer.

Tom

TFStang

Established Member
A few well bought cars have already been purchased for $35K or so. I'm guessing, and I may be wrong, but the values of these cars will likely continue going south because of a few things.

1. No longer exclusive - they built thousands!
2. Dealers are now discounting 5 - 10%
3. Thousands more are going to be produced thus flooding the market
4. Re read 1 - 3
5. Economy sucks and people are liquidating items such as performance cars to save homes and businesses, pay college tuition, whatever.
6. Plenty more reasons, but we'll start with these.

I am pretty sure that the prices won't start going up, so I say work backwards from the best deals that are out there now, which are in the $34 - $35K range. I bet by next summer you will see some in the $30K area.

redsap05

Established Member
A few well bought cars have already been purchased for $35K or so. I'm guessing, and I may be wrong, but the values of these cars will likely continue going south because of a few things.

1. No longer exclusive - they built thousands!
2. Dealers are now discounting 5 - 10%
3. Thousands more are going to be produced thus flooding the market
4. Re read 1 - 3
5. Economy sucks and people are liquidating items such as performance cars to save homes and businesses, pay college tuition, whatever.
6. Plenty more reasons, but we'll start with these.

I am pretty sure that the prices won't start going up, so I say work backwards from the best deals that are out there now, which are in the $34 - $35K range. I bet by next summer you will see some in the $30K area.

My thoughts exactly, This is for consumers like me but bad for all the guys that went out and paid 75k for the car and can only get 30k for it. I have been a gm guy all my life, my first car was a 86 camaro z28, then a 1991 z28, then a 1998 trans am, then a 2001 camaro ss and now a 2005 gto. The gt500 will be my first venture over to the dark side:-D But after riding in my buddies whipple 03 cobra Iam looking forward to it.

chuckstang

Established Member
I'll take 35.5k for my car (it is back to stock). White/blue (stripes painted on) less than 21k miles.

Dam cheap

That is just sad to see, shame on Ford for not making this a 2 year run like most of us thought originally.

Ford should have moved on to the Boss Mustang or a Shelby GT350.

Ford made this same mistake with the 04 Cobra and they were practically giving them away, that will really suck when they do that with the GT500 because lets get real, the 2010 GT500 is not going to perform much better or have any more mod potential. Out of the box it will probably perform a bit better but not anything any body with a few bolts on on their 07-09 cant handle

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I was having this exact conversation today. What did they build--8,000 or so each year and more coming this year and obviously a 2010 model based on the spy shots. That is a lot of $45K cars. My first thought is where are all of them--in garages? Everyone that bought one of these cars as in investment or novelty are going to be dumping them especially with the economy where it is. I think you will be able to buy a sub 10,000 mile GT500 for $35K or less by the summer.
Tom

TOM!!!! you old dawg you ... How you been? I really need to get out of this hell hole and back to texas so I can start doing SCOA stuff again ...

Cheers, RDJ

Last edited:

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
TOM!!!! you old dawg you ... How you been? I really need to get out of this hell hole and back to texas so I can start doing SCOA stuff again ...

Cheers, RDJ

Hey RDJ,

Hadn't heard from you in forever. I see you still have your 95. I still have the old convert as well. Take care over there and see you back stateside.

BTW, you still hold the record from Hallett back to Tulsa.

Tom

Mikesan

First Mustang
Established Member
Yeah, expect prices to continue to drop. economy + big supply + new Challenger + new Camaro + three year run = lowered demand and pricing. I just hope to keep having positive equity in mine as it gets paid off.

Users who are viewing this thread