How long does it take O2 sensors to show ready?

BadHabit2Break

Established Member
I run my Emission Monitor test on my to work and back home. Usually takes me about 66 miles to complete everything.

First 22 mile trip to work. I drive 70mph normally on the freeway.
18c517ca-0093-494a-bbcc-2fd8198f94ca_zps604ee49c.png

Second 22 miles heading home. I drive the feeder road hitting traffic and lights.
dd198350-536b-4732-abed-43ad3ef8a36d_zpsca469ad2.png

Third 22 miles, I set the cruise control to 60mph and drive to work, all freeway.
1f8eed68-bc40-437d-bb5b-559119ae59db_zps577cd2bc.png

92fiveohfox

Established Member
I think I got it figured out. All I can say is that Shaun at AED is very helpful and I'll continue to refer my friends to him.

Do you have cats or no cats with your LTs? I couldn't remember. If no cats, they didn't do a visual?

outlawcrew

Established Member
Who did your tune? They might have them shut off.

I can complete mine is 66 miles.

He has triple checked, he even sent me a revised tune. From what I have read and what he told me some computers are just stubborn and take awhile to go ready. I was curious if anyone else had this issue. I don't want to give up on it yet but my patients are wearing thin. I did almost 500 miles on my first emissions tune so I'm over a 1,000 miles into this process. Thanks for your feedback.

striker7968

I am having the same issue. I have kooks lt headers with high flow cats. I called Bama to get a emissions tune, and put that on. I also have the non foulers. My car has never thrown a CEL because of the O2 sensors, but it reads: Catalyst...Not ready, Oxygen sensor...not ready, Oxygen sensor heater...not ready. I cannot figure out how to get everything ready. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

corruptor

Established Member
My whole Emission Statuses were ready in 66 miles.

It is mixed driving, not just all highway.

I use Torque on my S4 phone to see the monitor statuses.

Screenshot_2013-10-16-06-37-19png-WindowsPhotoViewer_zps0e677fe5.jpg

Make sure he has added the emissions part to your tune. Otherwise the rear 02's are off and you will never pass inspection.

Is the sct handheld capable of monitoring o2 readiness?

prior

Established Member
I'm part of this club now too. I was running a bama 91r with an orx pipe. I knew this wasn't going to pass, so I swapped the stock cats back in and loaded a bama 91s tune. Drove it around like that for 250 miles or so and it still wouldn't set the o2 and o2 heater monitors. I figured it may have been an issue with the tune, so I loaded the stock tune back and have since put another few hundred miles on the car. The rear o2 sensors are turned on and I get all the other monitors to set pretty quickly.

The rear sensors are functioning just fine looking at the voltage on my scan tool. The catalyst monitor resets just fine too. Would an issue with the sct templates or software still affect the car after returning it back to stock?

The only other thing I can think of is maybe the 3" xpipe is throwing the readings off just enough to not set these final two monitors...

I just swapped the stock 2.25" h-pipe back and will drive it around some more in the mean time.

Are the new AED 'emissions tunes' a solution to this issue? If so, sign me up!
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...0466-emissions-related-monitors-aed-tune.html
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...nsors-trouble-codes-what-you-should-know.html

Last edited:

powerhogger

Established Member
You Houston guys know if you head out to Waller they don't do emissions testing right? And it's only 15 bucks.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Just so everybody knows, it was in the tune.
A modification I did for the Long tube headers made it so the O2's did not complete one of the switching tests.
All future tunes will have this corrected and anybody that has Long tubes with one of my emissions tunes, please email me and I will update your tune with the correction.

This is NOT an issue with cars that are not running long tube headers.

Do I need the update if I got the emissions update back in October?

Users who are viewing this thread