How Long Do You Sleep?

96 cobra

Established Member
A recent study in the Journal of the American Medical Association had 10 men volunteer to have their testosterone levels checked during eight nights of sleep restriction (5hrs/night). Daytime testosterone levels decreased by 10 to 15 percent & a progressive loss of energy over the week of sleep deprivation.

CGLhawk260

Established Member
I sleep about 5 hours sound then toss and turn the rest of the night. About two years ago when I was exercising over 90 minutes per day cardio and 40 minutes weight lifting 3-4 days a week on a very low calorie diet i would only sleep about 2-3 hours a night. Coffee, exercise, food intake and alcohol could affect your sleep. At least for me it does.

CGLhawk260

Established Member
When you sleep you generate testosterone. This is why you have more strength and exercise better when you get a good nights sleep. :)
A recent study in the Journal of the American Medical Association had 10 men volunteer to have their testosterone levels checked during eight nights of sleep restriction (5hrs/night). Daytime testosterone levels decreased by 10 to 15 percent & a progressive loss of energy over the week of sleep deprivation.

nxhappy

Established Member
I think a major problem is lighting from phones/tables/TV etc keeps you awake

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Probably contributed to me just being prescribed Androgel for low t levels. I start Monday.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I workout for about 90 minutes 5 days a week starting anywhere from 5-6AM. I don't drink caffeine, and typically have 4-5 meals/day..... and I'm still up posting with the boys... been up since 5AM Thursday morning with no sleep. No I'm not exaggerating, not one minute.

Very true.
It also matters at the time of day you exercise. Later in the day is not better than earlier in the day.

nxhappy

Established Member
I workout for about 90 minutes 5 days a week starting anywhere from 5-6AM. I don't drink caffeine, and typically have 4-5 meals/day..... and I'm still up posting with the boys... been up since 5AM Thursday morning with no sleep. No I'm not exaggerating, not one minute.
how do you survive without coffee? LOL I need 2 or 3 cups 7am-10am. Also helps me take a big shit.

CGLhawk260

Established Member
Probably contributed to me just being prescribed Androgel for low t levels. I start Monday.

Many years ago, I had low t-levels from exercising too much and a low fat diet. Body fat was about 6-8% I reduced my cardio and changed my diet and my T-levels are normal. Eat foods that increase Testostrone. Such as Eggs, butter, avaocodos, olive oil, tuna, do a search. Doctors do not look at your lifestyle they review blood work and prescribe medicine.

CGLhawk260

Established Member
Do you have low body fat? It sounds like you exercise a lot:

CGLhawk260

Established Member
i was misdiagnosed with low testosterone because my age 44-45 ish at the time(almost 48 now) and my doctor recommended T medicine. I refused to take T meds at 44-45 and did a lot research and fixed my low t issue myself. Changed my diet and exercise. Had the doctor looked my lifestyle and checked my bodyfat he would have realized why my levels were low.

Tuyo

Whitexican Extraordinaire
Established Member
4-6 is norm. On a rough night 2-3. its been a while since I went 30+ hours without some sort of sleep.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds like you need to see a doctor about insomnia.
Have you tried non habit forming sleeping aids?

93foxbody

Established Member
Not enough considering I work 2 night shifts, 2 day shifts, then a mid shift. And my OT can either be a day or a night shift. Regular sleeps schedule? What’s that?!

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
6-7. If I get less than 6 I'm tired, if I get more than 7 I'm still tired. I'm screwed.

Equalbracket

Established Member
I need 6 at least if temps are above 90, but there's not a single night I get a good solid 6+ hours. On top of wearing stupid ass wrist braces for Carpal Tunnel, I have Anterior Compartment Syndrome which continues to get harder and harder to manage.

Users who are viewing this thread