How long before it breaks...something

malibu78

Established Member
Need some input. I have a 2012 mustang gt, 6m, 3.73. I am considering putting a JMS kit on it in quest for 10's. The car is completely stock. I plan to run slicks and front runners with the JMS kit. How long will it last before something breaks. The car currently has 4100 miles on it.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
It's a crap shoot man, just make sure you have a good tune and you should be safe. But your still playing with fire, anything could happen.

malibu78

Established Member
I am not concerned with the engine. I have a great deal of n20 experience it is the drivetrain that concerns me. The car with a Tune and CAI, slicks and runners has gone a best of 11.69 at 118 and change. When spraying, I will use 100 octane no lead fuel and the JMS tune. How much abuse can the 6m drivetrain handle??? This is my first mustang, been a gm guy for years. GN's, Vettes, and numerous SBC combos in my drag car. The Gn's powertrain will take ton's of abuse as long as you don't detonate the motor. The C5 vette on the other hand is made of glass. The clutch, trans, and halfshafts barely handle stock power.

try03venom

Established Member
ok I would do upper and lower control arms plus alum ds. DONT ever dump the clutch! Launch at 4,500 dont bog but ride it out some like taking off from a stop light fast. Im also a former GN owner and that being said you should have got the AUTO!! lol

2012csgt

Established Member
I am not concerned with the engine. I have a great deal of n20 experience it is the drivetrain that concerns me. The car with a Tune and CAI, slicks and runners has gone a best of 11.69 at 118 and change. When spraying, I will use 100 octane no lead fuel and the JMS tune. How much abuse can the 6m drivetrain handle??? This is my first mustang, been a gm guy for years. GN's, Vettes, and numerous SBC combos in my drag car. The Gn's powertrain will take ton's of abuse as long as you don't detonate the motor. The C5 vette on the other hand is made of glass. The clutch, trans, and halfshafts barely handle stock power.

The tranny and the clutch are the problems. Motor wise.. I haven't heard or seen a nitrous car lose #8 yet. Jms tunes are top notch. Monty knows his shit.

5lho

Established Member
I've got about 60 passes of around 5K clutch dumps on my 3.73 car on a 28" slick. It's not an issue. However, my car is just a Procal tune car so, I've got way more tire than I need...which is not the worst problem to have.

2012csgt

Established Member
I've got about 60 passes of around 5K clutch dumps on my 3.73 car on a 28" slick. It's not an issue. However, my car is just a Procal tune car so, I've got way more tire than I need...which is not the worst problem to have.

Are you launching with nitrous? If not then there is no comparison.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
the stock clutch has impressed me alot. mine is still holding hard even with fat drag radials.

Users who are viewing this thread