how hard will the predator be to program?

Twinturbo Ranger

Established Member
Again do not forget it is a scan tool and can datalog. If you have more than one late model Ford like I do the scan tool part becomes very valuable. I am under the impression that,that part can be used on any OBD 2 vehicle not just the car it is used to tune with. Those two reasons and the fact that it can not be traced are why I went with it instead of a chip. Plus I believe the custom programs will be easy to download and swap between users, or at least I hope. I know with the Power Commanders for motorcycles alot of people can swap different fuel maps through email. We'll see soon though.

Thanks Mike

jfclague

Established Member
Originally posted by Twinturbo Ranger
Again do not forget it is a scan tool and can datalog. If you have more than one late model Ford like I do the scan tool part becomes very valuable. I am under the impression that,that part can be used on any OBD 2 vehicle not just the car it is used to tune with. Those two reasons and the fact that it can not be traced are why I went with it instead of a chip. Plus I believe the custom programs will be easy to download and swap between users, or at least I hope. I know with the Power Commanders for motorcycles alot of people can swap different fuel maps through email. We'll see soon though.

Thanks Mike

From what I understand, the predator is specific to one vehicle only.

Twinturbo Ranger

Established Member
I know it is specific on the vehicle it tunes, but reading the print on it leads you to believe the scan part will work on any OBD 2 vehicle. I'll go look again and double check myself.
Thanks Mike

Twinturbo Ranger

Established Member
Diagnostic Capabilities:

Predator can read and erase fault codes, and contains all the Ford specific P codes. Predator diagnostics will work on all 96-03 OBD-II Ford Mustangs or F-Series Gas vehicles.

This is what I read on it.
Thanks Mike

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
I thought the percentage is only by 1 point. What if u get a set up that leans u up to 2 to 3 points on top of the RPM range :shrug:

That wont be good on the bottom of the RPM range either :eek:

Id seen my tuner go by every 100rpm. Adding or Subtracting to get a flat line. Not sure if the Predator will do that :shrug: Also its not only A/F Ratios that make the power. What about the Timing?

Im happy with my Tuners Job. Fan kicks on at 180F at a high speed for a minute & goes to the factor medium speed for another minute. U can see the Water Temps dropping :D

Can the Predator do that as well?

Sounds like its all Hype & Hype only last so long :shrug:
Nope, the predator will not alow you to select RPM increments and lean some here, richen some there to flatten a tune. It will raise or lower the A/F across the board.

Timing does come into play with tuning and many other things, the problem is you cant put that power in the hands of the average ethusiast or they will be blowing up their cars.

The predator will be able to toggle fan speeds and all the simple things like that and I think its target market will be those with the simple basic mods. Those that have small pulleys or KB's etc will still want a file from diablo and then use the predator to flash their EEC. The big benefit from the tuner standpoint is they dont need chips and they save on mailing costs of sending them back and forth. They can attach a file to e-mail and send it to the user who can DL it into the predator from their PC, connect predator to ODBII port on car and flash away.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by lifter213
Check this out Diablo Predator Piece of S((** my friend with a vette just showed me this. Very interesting.
As with any chip or any programmer there is a chance of failure and EEC damage. I have heard of EEC's being damaged by installing (cant tell if its chip or installer fault) by all chip manufacturers as well as by hypertec and superchip tuners so blunty stated, shit happens.

Users who are viewing this thread