how hard will the predator be to program?

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
any update of when it will be released, and how hard will it be to program for pulley changes and any other mods because i can put on just about any bolt-on but i know nothing when it comes to fuel and timing curves, and how will i find out how much to add or take away? will diablo advise you on your certain mods over the phone or just try it yourself and good luck?
later
brandon

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
The problem with it is you can only change the WHOLE A/F by a percentage. So, if you car goes lean to rich like most and you add a pulley you can just hit a button to lower the A/F, but it will lower it across the whole band by a percentage and thus you will still be lean to rich, which may be safe but isnt ideal. For a truely flat A/F you will need to download a tune from diablo (or one of their dealers) onto the predator.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
It's up to your tuner. Some will do give you free reburns, so I'd think they'd give you the code to upload for free as well. Less work on their part. Most tuners still like to use chips to do in house tunes b/c of speed. Each re-flash process takes a few minutes. Switching out chips can be done in seconds.

lifter213

Established Member
Yeah i'd also like the know how its going to work. From what i hear its going to have the same benefits of a chip but i'd like to know how we get the tunes into the predator to load to the car? And if its going to cost extra for the tunes like mentioned above i'm just going to go the chip route. Someone has to know how this is going to work. :shrug:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by lifter213
Yeah i'd also like the know how its going to work. From what i hear its going to have the same benefits of a chip but i'd like to know how we get the tunes into the predator to load to the car? And if its going to cost extra for the tunes like mentioned above i'm just going to go the chip route. Someone has to know how this is going to work. :shrug:

Folks lets listen to what ShadowGray03 / Larry has to say.

Hey Lifter, The way ud upload the program from the Predator to the computer ud use the OBDII Port which is on the drivers right leg.

DiabloSports cannot make the Predator the BEST END ALL PRODUCT. They will put alot of so CALLED TUNERS into BK.

Id imagine if u upgraded ur current set up for higher boost ud have to go into a local Diablo Shop for them to download a file & upload it to the predator. Plus im sure they will not just charge 75bucks but more on the normal side of 125 - 175.00...just like burning a new chip.

The predator will not give u all the benifits IMO as its made out to be.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Shadowgray03
The problem with it is you can only change the WHOLE A/F by a percentage. So, if you car goes lean to rich like most and you add a pulley you can just hit a button to lower the A/F, but it will lower it across the whole band by a percentage and thus you will still be lean to rich, which may be safe but isnt ideal. For a truely flat A/F you will need to download a tune from diablo (or one of their dealers) onto the predator.

I thought the percentage is only by 1 point. What if u get a set up that leans u up to 2 to 3 points on top of the RPM range :shrug:

That wont be good on the bottom of the RPM range either :eek:

Id seen my tuner go by every 100rpm. Adding or Subtracting to get a flat line. Not sure if the Predator will do that :shrug: Also its not only A/F Ratios that make the power. What about the Timing?

Im happy with my Tuners Job. Fan kicks on at 180F at a high speed for a minute & goes to the factor medium speed for another minute. U can see the Water Temps dropping :D

Can the Predator do that as well?

Sounds like its all Hype & Hype only last so long :shrug:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Keith, thanks for the link man.

Now that was very, very interesting to read. I feel for that guy :nonono:

WhiteC5Vette <<< He seemed like a really good person.

I dont think the Predator ( Scanner ) should be that difficult to use, so i dont think WhiteC5Vette was a Door Knob.

lifter213

Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Keith, thanks for the link man.

No prob. On one of the posts one of the other guys that was having trouble was actually a programmer.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by lifter213
No prob. On one of the posts one of the other guys that was having trouble was actually a programmer.

Man what is it with the folks in the Middle East Area? Its like 1:30am :shrug:

U, & 03CobraBro are still awake :eek:

Maybe folks should wait for a Gini Pig :D

lifter213

Established Member

:lol1: haha. And what's bad is i have work in 4 hours :eek: . I need some sleep :sleeping:

03CobraBro

Established Member

Maybe folks should wait for a Gini Pig :D

Hey, iv been cutting down... Im down from 4 to 2 oclock. (accept right now its 2:19...)

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Eddy, Its 2:30 now bro :p
Keith, in 4 hours....must be able to sleep at work hum :dw:

Im surprised that Marc isnt doing any crazy post lately. I really think his mama gave him a nice little smack :eek:

J/K.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Eddy, Its 2:30 now bro :p
Keith, in 4 hours....must be able to sleep at work hum :dw:

Im surprised that Marc isnt doing any crazy post lately. I really think his mama gave him a nice little smack :eek:

J/K.

Well im trying to stay up late while I still can... My professor was telling the class about when you get older that you simply cant pull all nighters and stay up late anymore and expect to make it through class/work the next day.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Easy there guys. Why all the bitching? So one guy had problems with one unit. On a Vette no less. The guy didn't even pull the fuse he should have the first time. If you can't read directions, no wonder you can't get it to work.

I used a Superchips Microtruner on my F150, which is the same thing as the Predator, minus the datalogging stuff.

I read the directions first, pulled the fuse, realized the directions told me to pull the wrong fuse, pulled the right one. Then flashed it. Worked fine. Put the fuses back in and took off. No problems. I'm sure the Diablo uses the exact same commands to flash the EEC as Superchips.

Just goes to show, some people can **** up a wet dream.

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
This Diablo predator better give blow jobs too once its out... Iv been hereing so damn much about it.

I think that they just added this option which is why it's not out yet. I think they had to decide between a rubber or a latex orafice! I prefer flesh myself!! :p

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Pyro
I think that they just added this option which is why it's not out yet. I think they had to decide between a rubber or a latex orafice! I prefer flesh myself!! :p

lol "The Diablo aimed to please in more ways than one this time, with the new diablo predator!"

Users who are viewing this thread