How good is a Mustang as a family car?

nonliberal

Established Member
I guess I looked at the question a bit differently than some others. Is it possible to squeeze car seats and babies in the back seat? YES

However it's still not the most pleasant vehicle for a mom carrying an arm load of baby shit in one hand and a baby in the other, then pushing the seat forward so she can squeeze back there with the baby and strap it in. Then the baby drops some shit and she has to dig around back there to try and find it under the seat.

A 4 door is much more practical with a baby. Mom just opens the door and everything is right there easy to reach.

I had to get rid of my 1990 black on black fox body 20 years ago because of the baby thing so the wife could get a 4 door. Now 20 years later I'm back in a 2013 black on black coyote and everyone is happy. :)

It's not a lifetime sacrifice, in a a few years when they can climb back there on their own, its not so much hassle anymore.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
It can be a pain to get the kids out... Doesn't really haul anything. Idk about you guys but I buy shit that doesn't fit in a mustang. :lol1:

Retards in here saying no such thing as a non family friendly vehicle:D

Sure assuming you never take anything more than the 2 kids.....

Btw if you have zero kids right now... You should be alright. Getting a stroller in the trunk might be a pita.

I wouldn't rock 2 coupes if you have plans. Try to sell her on something at least a nice 4 door mid to full size.
To answer your question its not a good family car...

Last edited:

Naturesmistake

Established Member
You need to find an SVT Raptor pronto... That will be a great PRACTICAL vehicle to park next to your mustang. You have enough room to haul kids AND groceries. :lol1: Also, you can run over just about anybody if the kids are late for school.

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
I have a rear facing graco on the passenger side. No issues getting it in or out. However, my wife hates long trips riding shotgun. (5'10")

I'm now looking for a forward facing seat that fits the rear seats the best.

So far graco nautilus was mentioned. Anyone else have anymore suggestions?

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
Sure assuming you never take anything more than the 2 kids.....

Btw if you have zero kids right now... You should be alright. Getting a stroller in the trunk might be a pita.

These gigantic strollers barely fit in SUVs. I have a nice stroller for the mustang that fits perfectly, and my big aluminum show board and stand, cooler, three of those collapsable chairs, a diaper bag for the baby and a backpack with some toys for the boy, and all the car show crap still fit with no issue.

The stroller is a Chico, and the two front wheels come off with one finger.

6umy2e5y.jpg

These trunks are bigger than they look!

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
I bought my 03 gt days before my son was born. Had stangs his whole life each went well with car and booster seat. I say do it man.

5.0jake

Established Member
The rear facing baby seat does fit but is a major pita putting the baby in and taking out.
Not much cargo space for the stroller and other baby/family stuff...
I absolutely would not recommend the stang as the primary family car. It .could be done but would be very impractical
Second car yes.
I had a Rav4 v6 when I had 1 kid then got an Odyssey when I had my second kid for hauling the family around. Best of both worlds.

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
Am I the only one that considers a family car to be a 4 door?

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
These gigantic strollers barely fit in SUVs. I have a nice stroller for the mustang that fits perfectly, and my big aluminum show board and stand, cooler, three of those collapsable chairs, a diaper bag for the baby and a backpack with some toys for the boy, and all the car show crap still fit with no issue.

The stroller is a Chico, and the two front wheels come off with one finger.

6umy2e5y.jpg

These trunks are bigger than they look!

O ok, I know my luggage barely squeezed through the opening. I guess just make sure you dont buy one too bulky. I remember putting a stroller in my 300 and that seemed like a much bigger opening and wasnt a whole lot of room left

that stroller looks high speed lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread