how fast are the newer GT mustangs??

blueovalfan

Established Member
She's right. The second someone hooks up a handheld (not married to the vehicle) it would tell you if there was a modification to the PCM.

Well lets look at it this way. She picked up 4 tenths of a second on ~10rwhp? Im thinking the gears (4.10s that she has talked about) were in. I deffinately do believe she was driving the car, her being 115lbs is like having a horse jockey driving. LOL (not trying to offend you, just saying you're better for the car than a 230lb guy)

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Never did i say it was BONE STOCK. I said it had the CAI, X-Pipe, and Catbacks. Thats it.

WOW>..someone needs to re-read the past page or two then.

SUmmary -

Your BF claimed 13.3 BONE FACTORY STOCK
Your BF claimed 12.9 with ONLY drop in K and N and Midpipe (no tune)
Your BF claimed you to do the same
I said Prove it.
You came in here and posted those pics paying NO mind to what he said about his car NOR my replies to his car. You simply 'provided proof' of you running 12.9s and even offered to show a video proving an inspection.
I said BS on your definition of what is on the car (along with his)
You said NO tuning on the car, and only spare tire jack removed.

NOW you're saying midpipe, CAI, and catback. (still no tune? - bad idea if so. What's your A/F?)

ALL of this in an A4 mach.

I request again that you re-read the past page or two. You never clarified your mods after my initial 'HUH' reply to your BF. You simply posted time slips.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Well lets look at it this way. She picked up 4 tenths of a second on ~10rwhp? Im thinking the gears (4.10s that she has talked about) were in. I deffinately do believe she was driving the car, her being 115lbs is like having a horse jockey driving. LOL (not trying to offend you, just saying you're better for the car than a 230lb guy)

OH no I agree with what you're saying. I just wanted to point that out about the tuner...tis all.

Mach1Chick

Wanna Race?
Established Member
Here you go, hun. 10 runs to date in the 12.92 - 12.99 range. All three 12.92 slips in particular are photographed individually. The rear end work, tune, and JLT were installed in the middle of the season, when the weather became too hot to set the world on fire. :thumbsup: Best of all, these 10 passes were ran with stock Goodyears, BBK X-pipe, & SLP LMIIs only. :dancenana:

Note: I'm in car #7317

DSCN2604.gif

DSCN2606.gif

DSCN2610.gif

DSCN2611.gif

How about you re-read the very last line of what i say is done to my car??

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
My 03 (automatic) weighed 3470 with me (I weighed 150 at the time). Little weight reduction being the front sway bar, jack, and spare tire were removed. Also, there was some noticable weight difference between the stock h-pipe and the o/r x-pipe (naturally). Best numbers were 12.900 108.49 1.938 with a filter and x-pipe (on street tires). Mach 1s are all around excellent cars.

I'm still confident that 03-04 Terminators and 94-04 GT/Cobra convertibles are comparable with the weight of S197 coupes. :burn:

Stock converter and stock 3.55s -- K&N filter and a junky BBK X-pipe. Thank you.

I'm a Mach 1 fan, but I've seen a lot of 05- GTs RUN their asses off. But I've also seen 15 second passes at the track. With all the variables, the driver is #1. You can't judge an entire lineup of cars by ONE single driver a street run!

I remember seeing Car & Driver (maybe) test an automatic Mach 1 and went like 14.40 in it. My first pass ever down the track in Feb of 2003, it went 13.50 -- and I think it was running 30s by the end of the day.

12.90s stock everything except drop in k and n and midpipe, with an auto? No dr's, nothing else?

I'm sorry, but I find that hard to believe 'everything' stock except midpipe and filter with an A4 mach..12.90s that is.

ANd 13.3 is the best I've ever heard of with a bone stock auto.

Below sea level maybe?

Well, since 13.3 is the best you've ever heard, I guess it really isn't possible then, huh?

http://www.delawareracing.com/dragwayInfo.php
Want me to dig up the slips? I drag raced the car every weekend from February of 03 - June of 04. And we're at 15' above sea level. The track prep isn't golden at our home track though. You don't need drag radials with a stock geared automatic Mach 1! The stockers let it come out just fine at 18psi and spin slightly through 2nd. Good control and traction the whole way down.

To back it up and say it's possible -- my g/f went 12.92 with the same junk x-pipe and an SLP LMII catback.

Probably a 5-speed car on street tires. Typical.

Exactly. I've seen Terminators go high 13s at my track. :nonono:

Tone down the Attitude man. If I was trying to be an ass, you'd have known it. I never said it isn't possible, show me WhTF I said that? There are alot of people tossing BS around. I recently got done reading a thread where someone yelled and screamed bone stock 13.1....then later said with DRs. Obviously low temps, and low sea levels have alot to do with it.

I have been around these cars alot, and I (like other people) have a heard time with claims outrageously outside of the norm without proof. 13.3 in a bone stock auto mach is .24 quicker than I've (AND OTHERS) seen a slip for. 12.9 with drop in filter and midpipe (no tune, no nothing else) is a good .3-.5 quicker than anything I've heard of. In fact, it's on par with an M5 mach.

So, yeah, when someone tosses shit out there that is Questionable, you're darn right I'm going to say something. I call it like I see it. If you have a problem with me saying something to that affect, let me get you a tissue. Because It's gonna happen. In fact, I'm surprised to all hell I'm the only one saying something about it, especially given how much flak I got in this thread defending machs and sh!t (no offense sillver).

ANd since you offered....yep, I would like to see the slip...along with a vid of the inspection that that car was 100% bone factory stock.

Here you go, hun. 10 runs to date in the 12.92 - 12.99 range. All three 12.92 slips in particular are photographed individually. The rear end work, tune, and JLT were installed in the middle of the season, when the weather became too hot to set the world on fire. :thumbsup: Best of all, these 10 passes were ran with stock Goodyears, BBK X-pipe, & SLP LMIIs only. :dancenana:

Never did i say it was BONE STOCK. I said it had the CAI, X-Pipe, and Catbacks. Thats it.

See above.........NOW you saying you have a CAI too?...AFTER you 'underlined' only........

you know what that leads too.......................it leads to something ain't adding up. stories aren't consistant........and that leads to what?.....exactly.

Hell, even your BF wasn't consistant in his first post...weight reduction and minor mods, then says: "Best numbers were 12.900 108.49 1.938 with a filter and x-pipe (on street tires). "

I may just be done with this one.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
How about you re-read the very last line of what i say is done to my car??

Like I said "HUN"...........you didn't list the CAI....that only leads to wonder what else you didnt' list. Normally, I wouldn't give a crap about a CAI as the only mod not listed, but you guys are starting to get REALLY inconsistant with your posts AND you stressed the only.

REad my post above.

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Speaking of inconsistancies...you said the JLT was installed mid season, and your last post on page 9 listed it as a mod on the 12.9x runs.

SO>...........................WHICH IS IT?

PAGE 9:

silverstang00 I hope your taking notes of my negativity. :lol: (J/K man)

Last edited:

Mach1Chick

Wanna Race?
Established Member
Im sorry, the CAI was NOT on there when i did those times. That was my fault. It seriously wasn't. It was the Goodyears, X-Pipe, and Catbacks. That was it.

The 13.3 and 12.90 my b/f said were about HIS mach 1 which he doesnt have anymore

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Im sorry, the CAI was NOT on there when i did those times. That was my fault. It seriously wasn't. It was the Goodyears, X-Pipe, and Catbacks. That was it.

The 13.3 and 12.90 my b/f said were about HIS mach 1 which he doesnt have anymore

I know he said those times were his. But he also said that you did that same thing with the same mods. YOu never disputed his claims, in fact, you backed it up by saying midpipe and catback only and posted 12.9 slips. So, in essence, you are agreeing with his claims of 12.9 with two bolt ons for an A4 mach. (only difference being catback-You vs. drop in filter -him).

And I know he doesn't ahve it anymore. I've been a member of the reg. for a long time.

Last edited:

69mach03

Established Member
And I know he doesn't ahve it anymore. I've been a member of the reg. for a long time.

Let me be the one to step up and say this is getting out of hand. First of all, if you have been a member of the registry for such a LONG time, then you would have remembered my posts from back in early 2003 when I was considering "one of the fastest N/A (stockish) automatic cars in the country"???

She posted the slips. You call us both liars. This is an internet forum, but I'll stand by my word. I'm not a bullshitter about ETs. I'm a drag racer and do it OFTEN, actually REGULARLY. Once again, I'll see if I can dig up some video of her going 12.92 and post it this weekend. :bash:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Let me be the one to step up and say this is getting out of hand. First of all, if you have been a member of the registry for such a LONG time, then you would have remembered my posts from back in early 2003 when I was considering "one of the fastest N/A (stockish) automatic cars in the country"???

She posted the slips. You call us both liars. This is an internet forum, but I'll stand by my word. I'm not a bullshitter about ETs. I'm a drag racer and do it OFTEN, actually REGULARLY. Once again, I'll see if I can dig up some video of her going 12.92 and post it this weekend. :bash:

I agree with the getting out of hand.

Liars?..well, that's up to one's perception. I'm open to teh idea that there is some modding that you aren't aware of (hers being used) as apposed to straight out lying. I re-read your post when I re-quoted it. You did have some weight reduction listed, but then stated filter and midpipe. So, In short....IDKWTH to think. It's all to 'inconsistant' IMO.

POst up a vid if you want....but unless it's an inspection proving the 13.3 was 100% BONE STOCK or Her runs were ONLY midpipe and catback running 12.9 with an A4......I won't even bother watching it. Then again......there still leaves 'tuning' out of hte Q too. ;)

69mach03

Established Member
I agree with the getting out of hand.

Liars?..well, that's up to one's perception. I'm open to teh idea that there is some modding that you aren't aware of (hers being used) as apposed to straight out lying. I re-read your post when I re-quoted it. You did have some weight reduction listed, but then stated filter and midpipe. So, In short....IDKWTH to think. It's all to 'inconsistant' IMO.

POst up a vid if you want....but unless it's an inspection proving the 13.3 was 100% BONE STOCK or Her runs were ONLY midpipe and catback running 12.9 with an A4......I won't even bother watching it. Then again......there still leaves 'tuning' out of hte Q too. ;)

It's nice how you didn't bother to back up your prior comment of "how you've been a registry member for quite some time". Throughout the whole post, we were talking of 05- 3V vs 03-04 Mach 1 4V POWER and WEIGHT. So, I noted both. I'm sorry if the information isn't as "consistent" as you'd like it. I pulled the ring gear from her car and it is CLEARLY stamped 3.55 -- I actually just sold the parts on eBay today. (check my other posts and recent auctions ended by seller: cobrastang123) I'm clearly intelligent enough to inspect a "stock" 04 Mach 1 to look for any "modifications". This car was a clean, unmodded, low mileage piece from MA. Bought it earlier this year.

I don't even know why I bother.... Let me see if anyone else tears the ring gear out of their car in the staging lanes at the track... hooks up a WDS to see if there is any aftermarket programmer install... or jacks the car up in the air ALL FOR A VISUAL INSPECTION. I don't have to prove anything to you. You wouldn't believe anything I say anyhow because "the internet is full of bullshit and liars". :eek:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
It's nice how you didn't bother to back up your prior comment of "how you've been a registry member for quite some time". Throughout the whole post, we were talking of 05- 3V vs 03-04 Mach 1 4V POWER and WEIGHT. So, I noted both. I'm sorry if the information isn't as "consistent" as you'd like it. I pulled the ring gear from her car and it is CLEARLY stamped 3.55 -- I actually just sold the parts on eBay today. (check my other posts and recent auctions ended by seller: cobrastang123) I'm clearly intelligent enough to inspect a "stock" 04 Mach 1 to look for any "modifications". This car was a clean, unmodded, low mileage piece from MA. Bought it earlier this year.

I don't even know why I bother.... Let me see if anyone else tears the ring gear out of their car in the staging lanes at the track... hooks up a WDS to see if there is any aftermarket programmer install... or jacks the car up in the air ALL FOR A VISUAL INSPECTION. I don't have to prove anything to you. You wouldn't believe anything I say anyhow because "the internet is full of bullshit and liars". :eek:
WHy do you feel I should comment about how long I've been a member? Unlike you, I still go there, every day. I've been a member for over 4 years...what does that have to do with anything. (not to mention I 'visited' before I registered).

You're right...you don't have to prove sh!t. The desire or wilingness to 'prove' your claims is solely on your shoulders. I personally could care less if you prove it. I've made my point that I feel something isn't right and why. That is backed up by the inconsistancies thrown out there by you two. At least she posted slips and apologized for her mis wording. Can't say the same for you. You are the one that offered slips and vid to back up your claims. I didn't call you out on it.

Up to you what you do.
When did the 4.10's and tune get installed? Something doesn't add up...
She installed them mid-year.

And I agree with the last statement.

msm808

97' Slobra
Established Member
Me and racingracine have witnessed 69mach03's 03 Mach run 12.9x's with a drop in and O/R X. The three of us also stripped that car to the bare unibody piece by piece after it's life was up. So I can vouch for his mods.

If anyone in here knows how to make an auto mach run 12's with minimal mods it would be him. So why is it so hard to believe his GF wouldn't able to, at the same track, using his extensive drag racing experience?

I personally didn't know auto machs running these times were so unheard of

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Me and racingracine have witnessed 69mach03's 03 Mach run 12.9x's with a drop in and O/R X. The three of us also stripped that car to the bare unibody piece by piece after it's life was up. So I can vouch for his mods.

If anyone in here knows how to make an auto mach run 12's with minimal mods it would be him. So why is it so hard to believe his GF wouldn't able to, at the same track, using his extensive drag racing experience?

I personally didn't know auto machs running these times were so unheard of

And My best friend can vouch for me having a lamborghini in my garage. Catch my drift?

I'd be more apt to believe her than him. She at least posted slips (min. mods or not). ANd if she can do it with his extensive experience, why aren't you in the 12s with the mods in your list and trap speed? Hell, mid 12s with 108 and DRs, given the 12.9 with two little mods in an A4 mach.

Unheard of? I've owned two machs. 13.3 BONE FACTORY STOCK is completely unheard of for an A4. ANd here we go again, you say midpipe and drop in, yet earlier he first said min. weight reduction and those two mods, then said those two mods only.....WHICH IS IT? DAYUM.

Next y'all are going to say you had DR's on the damned car. Either that or a tune.

SCREW IT....I'm going to go search on the reg. If there is proof over there, I'll gladly eat cow and STFU.

Last edited:

msm808

97' Slobra
Established Member
And My best friend can vouch for me having a lamborghini in my garage. Catch my drift?

I'd be more apt to believe her than him. She at least posted slips (min. mods or not).

Unheard of? I've owned two machs. 13.3 BONE FACTORY STOCK is completely unheard of for an A4. ANd here we go again, you say midpipe and drop in, yet earlier he first said min. weight reduction and those two mods, then said those two mods only.....WHICH IS IT? DAYUM.

Next y'all are going to say you had DR's on the damned car. Either that or a tune.

He has slips I've held them.

The weight reduction was most likely spare tire/jack. I don't even considered that mentionable.

I know the internets is serious business and all but I really don't care enough to continue. Personally I think the only way you'd be appeased would be if you actually built the car, installed the mods, and sat weightlessly in the car as a passenger going down the 1320.

But anyways have a good night

Last edited:

PACETTR

Established Member
There are always those "factory freaks" or "ringers", but this guy has TWO of them? That are ~ .5 faster than 99% of the (stock)A4 Machs?

You will have to forgive the doubters among us, myself included.

Users who are viewing this thread