how fast are the newer GT mustangs??

Mach1Chick

Wanna Race?
Established Member
ANd since you offered....yep, I would like to see the slip...along with a vid of the inspection that that car was 100% bone factory stock.

But I know I can post a vid of my g/f's 04. Give me some time to sort through all of the passes from the entire season.

Here you go, hun. 10 runs to date in the 12.92 - 12.99 range. All three 12.92 slips in particular are photographed individually. The rear end work, tune, and JLT were installed in the middle of the season, when the weather became too hot to set the world on fire. :thumbsup: Best of all, these 10 passes were ran with stock Goodyears, BBK X-pipe, & SLP LMIIs only. :dancenana:

Note: I'm in car #7317

DSCN2604.gif

DSCN2606.gif

DSCN2610.gif

DSCN2611.gif

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Here you go, hun. 10 runs to date in the 12.92 - 12.99 range. All three 12.92 slips in particular are photographed individually. The rear end work, tune, and JLT were installed in the middle of the season, when the weather became too hot to set the world on fire. :thumbsup: Best of all, these 10 passes were ran with stock Goodyears, BBK X-pipe, & SLP LMIIs only. :dancenana:

Note: I'm in car #7317

DSCN2604.gif

DSCN2606.gif

DSCN2610.gif

DSCN2611.gif

Great times:thumbsup:.....but not exactly bone stock. Hard to find bonestock Machs out there. I've only seen one.

Mach1Chick

Wanna Race?
Established Member
Great times:thumbsup:.....but not exactly bone stock. Hard to find bonestock Machs out there. I've only seen one.

Thanks!!

Well, you see, 69mach03 never said that it was bone stock... ponygt65 threw it in there with his last quote. But we never said it was bone stock, just had only a few minor upgrades. But i still think they are some pretty sweet times!:D

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Those times are surprising as hell. That is definitely the fastest auto Mach times I have seen to date with so few mods. And I mean ALOT faster than any Ive seen. Any weight reduction? What was the race weight of the car approx.? What about suspension mods? I was about to jump right on in with Ponygt65 on the unlikelihood of the times, but there is proof. Im pretty shocked to be honest.

Mach1Chick

Wanna Race?
Established Member
Those times are surprising as hell. That is definitely the fastest auto Mach times I have seen to date with so few mods. And I mean ALOT faster than any Ive seen. Any weight reduction? What was the race weight of the car approx.? What about suspension mods? I was about to jump right on in with Ponygt65 on the unlikelihood of the times, but there is proof. Im pretty shocked to be honest.

If you call taking out the spare tire weight reduction, then yes. haha. But other than that, nothing at all. Even got the purse chillen behind the passenger seat when i go down the track. I havent weighed my car yet, but it should be around any other stock Mach 1, considering the upgrades are so minimal. Suspension mods!? That thing has the 4x4 package on it. It needs to be lowered badly! That is something i definatly want to do in the near future. But this is to show - It Can Be Done!:banana:

blueovalfan

Established Member
If you call taking out the spare tire weight reduction, then yes. haha. But other than that, nothing at all. Even got the purse chillen behind the passenger seat when i go down the track. I havent weighed my car yet, but it should be around any other stock Mach 1, considering the upgrades are so minimal. Suspension mods!? That thing has the 4x4 package on it. It needs to be lowered badly! That is something i definatly want to do in the near future. But this is to show - It Can Be Done!:banana:

How much do YOU weigh, Im guessing the avg. male mach 1 owner is what, ~180lbs on up. Iam sure there are lighter guys in the machs but not as light as a small framed chick. Now find a small framed chick who can drive and BOOM, you get some quick times.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
It's very strange to see one so quick...they weren't handicapped from the factory with a lower redline and weaksauce shift points/presures if memory serves.

blueovalfan

Established Member
It's very strange to see one so quick...they weren't handicapped from the factory with a lower redline and weaksauce shift points/presures if memory serves.

Maybe its just a factory freak, or it could have had gears when she bought it and didnt realize it. :shrug: Those are some SERIOUSLY FAST times for a near stock auto mach though.

Last edited:

Mach1Chick

Wanna Race?
Established Member
How much do YOU weigh, Im guessing the avg. male mach 1 owner is what, ~180lbs on up. Iam sure there are lighter guys in the machs but not as light as a small framed chick. Now find a small framed chick who can drive and BOOM, you get some quick times.

I weigh right around 115-120. Yea im small, but you cant put alll the reasoning behind it going fast into how much i weigh. I know it helps, but just face it... they are quick cars - atleast mine is. :)

Mach1Chick

Wanna Race?
Established Member
Maybe its just a factory freak, or it could have had gears when she bought it and didnt realize it. :shrug: Those are some SERIOUSLY FAST times for a near stock auto mach though.

Have gears in it and i didnt know it?? Cmon now... im a girl but i know my shit. I've got 4.10's in it now, so im pretty sure that when i did the swap i would have realized it. I bought the car with 4,000 miles on it from a 65 year old poppop who was getting rid of it because he was taking down his garage and he would have no where to store it. The car was completely stock when i bought it.

blueovalfan

Established Member
Have gears in it and i didnt know it?? Cmon now... im a girl but i know my shit. I've got 4.10's in it now, so im pretty sure that when i did the swap i would have realized it. I bought the car with 4,000 miles on it from a 65 year old poppop who was getting rid of it because he was taking down his garage and he would have no where to store it. The car was completely stock when i bought it.

CALM DOWN, dont get all feminazi on me, I didnt know whether you bought it used from a dealership and didnt know the history of the car. All I was saying is maybe it was possible it already had gears and you didnt realize it.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
CALM DOWN, dont get all feminazi on me, I didnt know whether you bought it used from a dealership and didnt know the history of the car. All I was saying is maybe it was possible it already had gears and you didnt realize it.

It's also possible that someone used a handheld tuner to raise the redline/shiftpoints no?

Mach1Chick

Wanna Race?
Established Member
It's also possible that someone used a handheld tuner to raise the redline/shiftpoints no?

Nope. Got a hand held tuner now and have changed all that stuff. But im telling you guys, it was completely stock, which is why i can't wait until the weather cools back off so i can see what it will do with all the further upgrades i have put on it :)

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Thanks!!

Well, you see, 69mach03 never said that it was bone stock... ponygt65 threw it in there with his last quote. But we never said it was bone stock, just had only a few minor upgrades. But i still think they are some pretty sweet times!:D
Actually, if you re-read what I said....I said
"I have been around these cars alot, and I (like other people) have a heard time with claims outrageously outside of the norm without proof. 13.3 in a bone stock auto mach is .24 quicker than I've (AND OTHERS) seen a slip for. 12.9 with drop in filter and midpipe (no tune, no nothing else) is a good .3-.5 quicker than anything I've heard of. In fact, it's on par with an M5 mach."

But you kind of edited that out. My reference to BONE STOCK was for the 13.3 ET, and I did say 12.9 with drop in filter and midpipe. YEs, HE did say bone stock on a 13.3 run. Again, go back over the posts. And 'hun' I'm a tad disappointed, there's no video verifying the midpipe and drop in only (with no tune).

BTW - Nice ET's regardless. That's a great 60' on stock crapbacks.

I still don't believe it. If it was an M5, then I would, but not an auto. Not only is it a lower redline, but there is less power being put to the ground. (WHICH, could be negated with weight, but she says it is full weight (aside from 35 pounds of tire and jack - and I won't go there given how petty it is).

Nope. Got a hand held tuner now and have changed all that stuff. But im telling you guys, it was completely stock, which is why i can't wait until the weather cools back off so i can see what it will do with all the further upgrades i have put on it :)

Regardless of this discussion, I'm interested to see what ET's you post up with the new mods, given the slips you posted up.

Last edited:

Mach1Chick

Wanna Race?
Established Member
And 'hun' I'm a tad disappointed, there's no video verifying the midpipe and drop in only (with no tune).

I still don't believe it. If it was an M5, then I would, but not an auto. Not only is it a lower redline, but there is less power being put to the ground. (WHICH, could be negated with weight, but she says it is full weight (aside from 35 pounds of tire and jack - and I won't go there given how petty it is).
QUOTE]

Oh, you will get your video later tonight to prove it all. I cant belive you STILL want more to back up all the time slips i posted pictures of last night - wow.:nonono: Honestly, look at my 60fts. They are horrible, but its what i should expect with an auto. My b/f and friend are hitting in the 1.960's in their 60's as i sit there barely making it out of the 2.00's. Im telling you, when i hit 3rd gear the car punches. All its power is up top (as well as with any automatic).

very possible
I have recently gotten a hand held tuner and nothing had been tweaked. I would also be able to tell just driving the car around normal.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Oh, you will get your video later tonight to prove it all. I cant belive you STILL want more to back up all the time slips i posted pictures of last night - wow.:nonono: Honestly, look at my 60fts. They are horrible, but its what i should expect with an auto. My b/f and friend are hitting in the 1.960's in their 60's as i sit there barely making it out of the 2.00's. Im telling you, when i hit 3rd gear the car punches. All its power is up top (as well as with any automatic).

You have a video of the inspection verifying your car ran 12.9s with midpipe and drop in filter ONLY? If so, then YES I'm extremely interested.

Secondly, those time slips prove nothing except you ran the times. IF this discussion was purely based on those times being ran, that would be enough to shut any one up. However, this discussion is about a BONE STOCK A4 Mach 1 running 13.3 and a midpipe/drop in ONLY A4 mach running 12.9.

I have already partially explained why I'm having a hard time with this, but I'll say it again.

1) people BS online
2) used cars may have mods unaware to the owner (which you have cleared up)
3) The term "BONE STOCK" gets tossed all over the place and is majorly modified to each persons definition.

I don't doubt you (or he) ran good times with your cars, given the 60' and sea level of the track. It's the definition of hte car on the specified runs that I'm having problems with.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
You have a video of the inspection verifying your car ran 12.9s with midpipe and drop in filter ONLY? If so, then YES I'm extremely interested.

Secondly, those time slips prove nothing except you ran the times. IF this discussion was purely based on those times being ran, that would be enough to shut any one up. However, this discussion is about a BONE STOCK A4 Mach 1 running 13.3 and a midpipe/drop in ONLY A4 mach running 12.9.

I have already partially explained why I'm having a hard time with this, but I'll say it again.

1) people BS online
2) used cars may have mods unaware to the owner (which you have cleared up)
3) The term "BONE STOCK" gets tossed all over the place and is majorly modified to each persons definition.

I don't doubt you (or he) ran good times with your cars, given the 60' and sea level of the track. It's the definition of hte car on the specified runs that I'm having problems with.

Exactly.....bonestock IMO is what it came with off the showroom floor. As soon as the CAI goes in (or whatever) it's NOT bonestock.

Users who are viewing this thread