how fast are the newer GT mustangs??

Moparkidd

can i get a check 1,2 uhh
Established Member
this is kinda weird...last night im driving to work, just cruisin about 55-60, and i see headlights comin up quick, im in my truck so i just kept cruisin, then i saw it was a kid in a GT, so i thought hmm, ill play with him, i dropped it down in 2nd and ran up to about 80 and he comes flyin up and does a flyby...? i just laughed and dropped back down to 60 and cruise on, well we catch the next redlight and no one else is in sight, so the light turns green and we both gun it. for a second i thought he wasnt racing because i pulled out on him, then i see him winding out first gear and when he goes to shift 2nd i put a car on him, after he gets it into 2nd gear he pulls ahead and shifts to 3rd and leaves me sitting still, i seriously thought he would be faster than that, but maybe he just sucked that much at driving?

Digital

Established Member
Not to be an ass but s197 are dogs. For 300 hp they arent too heavy but the all around package isnt so great.

Riceater52910

Established Member
Not to be an ass but s197 are dogs. For 300 hp they arent too heavy but the all around package isnt so great.

Ya not trying to start an arguement but i have to agree with this. I ran a lot of S197s in my LS1 camaro and it wasnt even close, 3 cars by 100 for me. They're nice looking cars but underpowered in my opinion. Ford should at least use the 4 valve mach 1 motor in those cars.

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
Hmm my boy has a 07 GT 5 Speed with 4.10s, CAI, 91 Tune, CM Delete Plates, Axle Back, O/R Mid, MGW, and a UDP on 20s and I beat him by a 10th or so everytime at the track....

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
The GT's aren't the fastest but they are no sloutch with some gears and a select few Bolt-ons. They are nice cars and handle well.

ModularMax

Fast Cars & Freedom
Established Member
Ran a 13.7 in my 100% stock 07 Auto GT when i had it(got totaled in a accident) but i live on the east cost most our tracks are close to sea-level

Fastest stock on on recorded is Doodad 13.2 (he now has a 03 cobra, look up doodad on youtube hes a crazy insane driver mod)

on average a good driver that knows howto drive one will net 13.5-13.8

http://www.youtube.com/user/doodad <Doodad

Edit... apears he removed his old GT vids...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...ZCKrwL-uZX_BA&q=stock+06+mustang+gt+1/4&vt=lf
^intake only 13.3

Last edited:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
The 05+ Mustang GTs are a driver's race with a Mach1

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7oPM6fvJuk"]YouTube - Kenne Bell 01 Bullitt vs Roushcharged 08 Mustang GT[/ame]

This is in my 01 Bullitt with a Kenne Bell 2.1L making 385rwhp and 415 rwtq. I'm racing an 08 Automatic Roushcharged GT. I really wasn't all the impressed, especially after seeing that this kid has about 60k into this car now and my 19k car was beating him by a second at the track and I was pulling insane lengths on him on the highway in 4th gear. That's why I would much rather buy a Termi next instead of a newer Bullitt or GT. However, if the Mach comes back, I would likely jump for a candy-apple red one to match my 69.

Moparkidd

Established Member
indeed. also kinda goes with any car i guess

not to be an ass but he was probably spinnin

I turned my music down but I didn't hear him spin at all, he mustve eased in it because cops have been hot lately in that area. But when he grabbed second he was all in it. That's where he left me

lilb_svt

Established Member
My brother in law has a 06 with intake exhuast underdrive pulley and tune and that shit moves pretty damn well and drives great. Your truck would have no chance at all.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
guess thats why i almost kept up in my silverado. cool. thanks.

Are we missing something here? What kinda mods does your Z71 have? Aren't they like mid-high 15 second trucks stock? Even if a 05+ GT had a terrible driver that spun through 1st, 2nd and granny shifted every gear it would still be a mid 14 second car. If you're stock my guess is he wasn't racing you, maybe he was shifting at like 4,000rpms not really expecting a bigass pickup truck was trying to race him.

I get people who floor it at every street-light when I'm in my Cobra, everything from trucks, SUVs to mini-vans. I know a couple times i'll give it 1/2 throttle to like 4,500rpms and they will think I'm giving all she's got just because my car is fairly loud, and they will be flooring the piss out of whatever the hell they're driving thinking they're keeping up or beating me. haha I usually don't even bother passing them because it happens so often. I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
^I know exactly what your talking about. Every other full size V8 truck on the road does this to my Camaro and I do the exact same thing you do.

All the people saying S197's are dogs are way off. They are comparable to 99/01 Cobras and Mach 1's power wise. Might not be quite as quick, but close enough to where it could be called a drivers race. My friends auto 06 GT runs very well. Its not a dog at all and it would have absolutely destroyed his dads 07 Silverado ext. cab if they raced. So OP you ran into someone that was just messing around with you. I used to beleive all the negative stuff about S197's on the forums until I actually drove my friends. I honestly dont know why they have such a negative light after being around it, just made me realize that most of the people talking down about the car have never even driven one.

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
This is in my 01 Bullitt with a Kenne Bell 2.1L making 385rwhp and 415 rwtq. I'm racing an 08 Automatic Roushcharged GT. I really wasn't all the impressed, especially after seeing that this kid has about 60k into this car now and my 19k car was beating him by a second at the track and I was pulling insane lengths on him on the highway in 4th gear. That's why I would much rather buy a Termi next instead of a newer Bullitt or GT. However, if the Mach comes back, I would likely jump for a candy-apple red one to match my 69.

He paid for the NAME...I bet he wasnt putting down much more power to the wheels than you were. IMO Roush products are WAAAAY overpriced and their blowers (minus the one that just came out) are crap compared to whipple and KB.
I've raced 3 427R's at the track and walked them like they were sitting still..with my 20's and no suspension mods.

I agree with others saying that ford should have put the 4v motor in these cars but for a 3v motor they certainly arent dogs. With the right bolt ons these motors can hang with the best of em.:thumbsup:

Moparkidd

Established Member
Are we missing something here? What kinda mods does your Z71 have? Aren't they like mid-high 15 second trucks stock? Even if a 05+ GT had a terrible driver that spun through 1st, 2nd and granny shifted every gear it would still be a mid 14 second car. If you're stock my guess is he wasn't racing you, maybe he was shifting at like 4,000rpms not really expecting a bigass pickup truck was trying to race him.

I get people who floor it at every street-light when I'm in my Cobra, everything from trucks, SUVs to mini-vans. I know a couple times i'll give it 1/2 throttle to like 4,500rpms and they will think I'm giving all she's got just because my car is fairly loud, and they will be flooring the piss out of whatever the hell they're driving thinking they're keeping up or beating me. haha I usually don't even bother passing them because it happens so often. I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about.

i understand completely! and thats what i thought at first, i dont think he was givin it all it had in first because he didnt spin at all. but then he wound out first and came around me and put a length on me. when he went to shift into 2nd i came by him and he was at my fender. he wound out 2nd and ran off and left me. maybe he just didnt touch the gas until he saw me gassin it?

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
the 05 cars aren't turds by any means.

Like someone already said, ~ 13.5/13.6 stock
With cai/tune/off-road mid pipe alone, you're looking at solid, repeatable 12.9's.
My old 06 GT ran 12.77 @ 108.84 with bolt-ons on stock tires
Buddy of mine ran 12.81 @ 109 in his with same mods
same buddy ran 11.96 @ 116 in hot air with same mods + Kenne Bell (& canned tune, no dyno tune)
(car is capable of 11.7's I'd say)
Another buddy of mine has ran 12.29 @ 113 on stock tires with Zex & bolt-ons.

not gonna get into a "this car" is faster then "that car" pissing contest, but there's the #'s we put down.

Users who are viewing this thread