how far will 80# take me with E85?

SSeatr

Established Member
Twin 61mm BB turbos, cams, 10:1CR, stroked, big return fuel system just with 80# on there now.

I will be going larger on injectors in the future just running out of money and bought these before i should have :(

My car has been under the knife for WAY to long and I would like to get to use it a little before crap weather comes to NY this winter i will pickup ID2000's when I can.

I was thinking if it is worth tuning for E85 with the 80's now, or just a conservative pump tune and retune next spring with larger injectors.

lets hear what you guys think

SSeatr

Established Member
do you know what the base pressure was set at?

i guess it really doesnt matter, its a brand new engine so the use i get out of it will be still in the break in period so i might just do a safe tune and keep it on the low side until spring time when i have larger injectors and the engine has broken in.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
do you know what the base pressure was set at?

i guess it really doesnt matter, its a brand new engine so the use i get out of it will be still in the break in period so i might just do a safe tune and keep it on the low side until spring time when i have larger injectors and the engine has broken in.
That's what I would do. You could always sell the 80's when the time comes to turn it up.

GodStang

Established Member
Careful with the id2000. I bought them installed them and my stock ecu could not run them. The 900rwhp on E85 was 65 base pressure

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Careful with the id2000. I bought them installed them and my stock ecu could not run them. The 900rwhp on E85 was 65 base pressure
Josh, I thought you never ran them? :??:

I know Erik had an issue with that one car but I thought you swapped them out before ever getting it tuned??? :??:

Either way the 1600's should be plenty for the OP's set up.

SSeatr

Established Member
yea i spoke to eric a few months back about the ID2000 when he was having that issue.

maybe ill just look into the 1600's there should be enough there to not run them at 80%+

has anyone had issues tuning the 1600's?

godstang you went with the 1000's? what are you making and whats the base pressure at?

Last edited:

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
Our modular engines are broke in within a hour of running....Tune it and run the piss out of it.

01bluesnake

Established Member
Friend just made 750whp on them through a th400, so about 900whp on a stick, but was close to maxing them out. This was a turbo car with a base around 50 and a 1 to 1 rise on the regulator with 24psi

GodStang

Established Member
The ID1600 are no more. They had issues I waited 6 Weeks and ID said we are taking them off the market. So I went back to 80lb injectors. For the best drivability I was told those are the ones. Of course I will never be over 850 on a twin screw.

SSeatr

Established Member
The ID1600 are no more. They had issues I waited 6 Weeks and ID said we are taking them off the market. So I went back to 80lb injectors. For the best drivability I was told those are the ones. Of course I will never be over 850 on a twin screw.

yea, i saw they discontinued them.

so 105's or ID1000 is what i am going to be looking at then.

SSeatr

Established Member
I might be able to pickup 105's or ID1000'sif i can sell my 80's really fast. If anyone knows anyone who is looking for a set they are FRPP 80's brand new they are on the car but never fuel through them. let me know.

GodStang

Established Member
Josh if i remember right, didn't you keep having problems with 80's?

The car had issues. I have no proof it was the 80s. I feel from some of the things I went through that it was the tune/tuner.

There are some badass 800+rwhp cars with stock drivibility and running on 80s.

Last edited:

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
I have 80lb injectors and run base pressure at 60psi. I went from 60's and pump gas/meth to 80's and +E85 and tuned it myself. My car drives without any issues.

SSeatr

Established Member
I have 80lb injectors and run base pressure at 60psi. I went from 60's and pump gas/meth to 80's and +E85 and tuned it myself. My car drives without any issues.

with the 60psi base what are you making? what are the injectors at?

Users who are viewing this thread