How does this car look?

Goocher0310th

Established Member
Hey there. I found another 04 Cobra I may go take a look at. How does this one look just from pictures to you guys? According to the carfax it’s had 3 prior owners and was in a small passenger side collision in 2015. Any input is appreciated, I figured asking your trained opinions could save me a trip over to jax if you see something that looks alarming.

https://duvalford.com/sale/used-for...2004-ford-mustang-svt-cobra-1fafp48y04f183416

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
The front seat covers are incorrect and can't tell from the pic quality, but the front end shot the hood paint looks poor or it has dew....can't tell for sure. Front lights look pretty faded.

All in all seems like a lot of money for that condition and being in a wreck. I would think you could do better than that for the money.

MG0h3

Established Member
Not sure if its glare or if it needs new headlights/sealed.

Curious what the seats look like under those covers. May be a well taken care of car.

Looks to either have a stereo or a BAP based on that big cable/fuse near the drivers side tower. Def. has a tiny upper on it.

Lol I didn't even look at the price. Ya, little high in my opinion.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Looks like condensation all over the hood, lights and back window. Must have been a cold day in Florida.

According to OASIS, the only warranty work done was the carpet shield recall.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
The front seat covers are incorrect and can't tell from the pic quality, but the front end shot the hood paint looks poor or it has dew....can't tell for sure. Front lights look pretty faded.
I thought the same. I think those are just cheesy seat covers. The headlights almost look like the cheap aftermarket euro type. It looks like a little mod correction would make it more appealing.

Last edited:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I can't see anyone in their right mind covering those original seats and mismatching the interior with such cheesy covers.....unless there's a nasty surprise underneath lol

KLLR SNK

Established Member
Get a compression and leak down test then talk price if it checks out. Devalue the car: bad headlights, wrong wheels, wrong seats, heavy gauge battery wire means something has be altered, it is pullied so the tune could be questionable. Play their game like they would with you if it was your trade-in. Price is too high and the mileage could be hard miles or racing miles.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
Looks like condensation all over the hood, lights and back window. Must have been a cold day in Florida.

According to OASIS, the only warranty work done was the carpet shield recall.

I thought OASIS reports were only kept for 10 years - is this not correct? I imagine the Carpet Shield should be documented since that was an official recall on these cars.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
If you could get them down on price I think it's worth a look.

Those seat covers, although cheesy, are leather or vinyl and could have been placed there to protect the seats. Ask for pictures without the covers. Most people tend to buy the crappy cloth covers instead of investing in a quality cover.

The car has a lot of things I don't like, but so did my Vert when I bought it. Once you change all the small things (i.e. seat covers, dash knobs, Saleen wheels, headlights, stubby antenna, etc.) and give it some TLC (i.e. tune up, clean up brake calipers, clean/replace air filter, etc.) it might be a very good car. It only has 34K miles and is even still at stock ride height.

So, with all the little things that need to be done it is over priced, but it's a dealership. It's always overpriced.

So, again, I think it's worth a look "IF" they are willing to come down in price.

Last edited:

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
I thought OASIS reports were only kept for 10 years - is this not correct? I imagine the Carpet Shield should be documented since that was an official recall on these cars.
Not sure if they have extended OASIS or what but it still works for several early 2k vehicles. Get back to the 90's and nothing. It used to be only 10 years.

Hybbs

Established Member
I would go and look at it based on the mileage. It seems all the issues are relatively minor. Check the paint, check the condition of the seats under those seat covers, listen to the motor, and definitely drive it. There asking price of 24k is too high, and that is before all the dealer fees. If the car checks out, offer 19k out the door. If they say no, keep looking. Good luck in your search for a Terminator.

badmpg03

Established Member
Dude don't judge on pics, I would go look at this...I'm all about the silver terminator though :)

Seats/wheels/filter/headlights really seem minor to me but I am not of a collector mentality. IMO stock wheels and seats are meh anyway, but not saying I dig those leather covers....
Bring up the sideswipe that was reported and inspect the repairs
Leakdown and drive it see if all is true and pick that boy up for $21-22K

Users who are viewing this thread