How do you store your terminator for the winter?

Koval7887

Established Member
Does gas get stale after only a few months? Filling it up prevents it from absorbing moisture...but I wouldn't have a full tank of crappy gas in April, will I?

Havoc331

Established Member
Gas DOES go bad after only three or five months of sitting i believe. That's the whole point to the stabil

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
So is it better to run the tank down and add Stabil opposed to having a full tank?

You add generally Stabil to a full tank. I've never heard of putting away a car for the winter with a mostly empty tank. The whole purpose of a full tank -- and I mean really full, BURPING full -- is to leave the least amount of volume for air, which will reduce the amount of possible condensation that can build up in the tank. Stabil will handle any minor amounts of moisture that do get in as well as keeping the gas fresher. Gas can degrade in only 2 months.

04RedfireVert

Is it Friday yet?
Established Member
Anyone have a Car Capsule? I own one that I used to use for my FFR '65 Cobra, but haven't put the Term in it yet, to see how it fits. Those are awesome because they control humidity, keep the car perfectly dust free, protect it from things bumping/falling against it, and you can "display" it all winter, since they are clear. They are a bit pricier than a good car cover, but truly a great investment for those that need to store for an extended period. I'm still not sure if I'll use it this season, though, because I will be upgrading the car over the winter, and these "cocoons", are best if you are just going to store the car, and not touch it.

Yes,

Actually have 2 Car Capsules and love them!

Fastphil

Bagged.
Established Member
Open the garage door

Pull in

Exit the vehicle

Close the garage door

Ditto. I might throw a cover on it when it's not being worked on, because my friend is finishing his basement (which is where the car will be stored). It only goes up on stands if I work under it. This year I might even wash it before putting it away! lol

sprusak1

G.R.E.A.D tuned
Established Member
oh yea, for those jacking up your cars for the winter, make sure the suspension is loaded and supporting the weight of your car. If not it kills your shocks/springs

Users who are viewing this thread