How do you store your terminator for the winter?

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
sucks that some of you have to store the car! Between Las Vegas and now Florida never had the problem.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Pull in garage.
Close door.

Start it every couple weeks to dream about driving it come spring time. :rockon:

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
Well here in Northern Alberta when the days can get down to -50c in the winter, here is what I did:

This is parked in an unheated garage.
-Fuel stabilizer
-Oil stabilizer (clogging spray..with engine at idle, spray into your intake until engine dies and leave it)
-Park all 4 tires on 2x10s
-set down cardboard underneath car as concrete has a tendancy to sweat causing oxidization
-check antifreeze/ic
- oil change before storage & after
- steel wool in tailpipes
- mouse traps under vehicle
- a couple trays of kitty litter in the interior for moisture
- bounce sheets/bar of soap in the interior for a nice scent and critter/insect repellant
- leather treatment to interior
- Remove battery
- detail the vehicle and throw a coat of wax on
- car cover

Steve2050

Established Member
1. Oil change
2. Full tank w/ stabilizer
3. Fully wash/wax and vacuum interior
4. Remove battery
5. Inflate tires to 45 psi
6. Lay blankets (no scratches) and then car cover

Going to try and squeeze a couple more weekends (weather permitting) before I but it away.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Anyone have a Car Capsule? I own one that I used to use for my FFR '65 Cobra, but haven't put the Term in it yet, to see how it fits. Those are awesome because they control humidity, keep the car perfectly dust free, protect it from things bumping/falling against it, and you can "display" it all winter, since they are clear. They are a bit pricier than a good car cover, but truly a great investment for those that need to store for an extended period. I'm still not sure if I'll use it this season, though, because I will be upgrading the car over the winter, and these "cocoons", are best if you are just going to store the car, and not touch it.

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
when i had my 99 gt i left it outside with a cover on it all winter, it sat through a few snow storms but when the first week of march came it started right up lol

Havoc331

Established Member
Would it be too hard on the IRS to jack the car up on jack stands & take the rims & tires off? I think i read/heard somewhere that it's not too good to let the IRS hang but then again some guys do it with no problems. Wouldn't it be beter in the air than it sitting on the tires

Last edited:

EBBS_03_Cobra

Never satisfied
Established Member
Probably gonna polish the paint, wax it, remove the wheels, polish them up. Remove the battery, throw some stabilizer in, throw in a couple of desiccants, and then park it under a cover in the storage unit.

I might throw some air in the tires, too.

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
I do this, dunno if its bad or not, but what I do:

Tank low, fuel stabilizer added, run for about 10minutes
Put on jack stands
Battery disconnected
Started bi-weekly and idle for 5-10minutes.

I like a low tank since I don't want to have a full tank of old gas in the spring.

Havoc331

Established Member
I do this, dunno if its bad or not, but what I do:

Tank low, fuel stabilizer added, run for about 10minutes
Put on jack stands
Battery disconnected
Started bi-weekly and idle for 5-10minutes.

I like a low tank since I don't want to have a full tank of old gas in the spring.

Do you take the rims off after being placed on jack stands? Would be less weight for the IRS to hold up

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
I had a full tank with stabil. My first ride in the spring will be a pedal to the metal i'm sure, so I'll have some fresh gas in it pretty quick. lol

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
I had a full tank with stabil. My first ride in the spring will be a pedal to the metal i'm sure, so I'll have some fresh gas in it pretty quick. lol

I thought that I had heard somewhere that it is better to have a full tank when storing it :shrug:

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
umm park it. if there is gonna be snow then dont drive it. I hardly drive it anymore anyways. dont gotta worry about sta-bil. Runnin e85. just gotta try and get it to start when its cold. this year maybe different as i may clean it all up and park it in the garage for once.

Users who are viewing this thread