How do you guys avoid razor bumps?

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I use both, I tend to shave with a razor, and then for the closer shave use the electric. Works well. When I try and do it all with one or the other to get a super close shave I get more irritation for some reason.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Two pieces of advice. Don't buy a Schick Quattro. Put this on after you shave.

500.JPG

slidai

Established Member
My cousin had this problem and his mother asked one of her clients who was dermatologist. This may sounds crazy but i'm telling you it works. Use conditioner (like the kind you use in your hair), a Schick quattro razor (disposable version) and shave in the shower. No bumps. I do this and I have zero bumps and I've had like 4 zits my entire life.

blubyu87gt

Established Member
Hot towel on the face for about 5 mins or so normally helps me a lot. I hate shaving every day mainly because I have pretty sensitive skin. Uncle sam requires it so have to do it.

If you dry the razors upside down and or give them a quick wipe with a q-tip after every use they will last a whole lot longer.

leo2hot4tv

Established Member
I have to shave everyday and i use a thick gel and dry my razor with a towel. Then use aftershave. Sometimes i get bumps but it's really rare.

C0bra99

Established Member
shower first then use a high quality safety razor with good feather blades. Clean razor with hot water after one stroke. Rinse face with cold water and a good aftershave. I used gel during the week and a good badger brush with soap on weekends. After the tools are purchased it's cheap 18 cents a week for the blade and I get better shaves. no more 5-10 bucks for a multi blade that give in-grown hairs

Dragu1a

Established Member
The electric razors are a ****ing god send in the field too. Nothing worse then waking up on a frigid morning and trying to shave with a disposable razor, splashing cold water on my dirty, gritty face and cutting up my skin.

i've f'd up a few electric shavers on a dirty face out in the field. after a while, we just quit shaving until it got really noticeable or battalion higher ups were coming by.

i did have a nice electric in the barracks, but i only used it if i was in a hurry...saves a few minutes

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I have to be clean shaven for work too and I have sensitive skin so it makes it a pain. I've tried many different combinations of products. For best results I always take a hot shower before I shave. I use very hot water in the sink while I shave too. The products I'm using right now are a Schick Hydro 5 razor, Every Man Jack face scrub, EMJ sensitive skin shave gel, and EMJ post shave face lotion. It's very important to do the last step to prevent razor burn, bumps, and dry skin.

dwish

Established Member
One of these guys and water...but I could never grow a beard like a lumberjack...don't have the genes for it.
disposable_razor04110068.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread